It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Corp, Microsoft want to lock Google out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

www.heraldsun.com.au

MICROSOFT has held talks with Rupert Murdoch's News Corp over a possible plan for the software giant to pay the media company to remove its news websites from Google, a report said today.
The plan sets a scene for a battle between search engines for access to websites and puts pressure on search juggernaut Google to start paying for content, the Financial Times said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11/23/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Mr Murdoch has already announced plans to make readers pay to read his newspapers online.

It's all quite amusing to see how far these billionaire empires will go to control, stem, own and permit the flow of 'news'.

I can't say that I sympathise with billionaires, crying about people getting something free of charge. Face it, Murdoch, newspapers are old school. Adapt or perish.

I just hope that free access to information on the internet is not stopped. In a changing world, some old powerhouses probably should decine and die, while others prosper.

www.heraldsun.com.au

[edit on 11/23/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I dont see why these big wigs would do something like that?
Now I understand that this is a capitalist system, and if you want something, no matter what it is(i.e information)you do just like you would with anything else, buy it.
What I do not understand, is why they would stoop to this level of enforcement when people are still watching their news stations.
The thing about that though, is that sometimes people dont like being told whats going on in the world by a person with a cheesy smile and a cardboard cutout hairpiece, they like to read about things on their own. This helps these companies by driving people to their websites while at the sametime creating revenue. Not to mention all the advertisers that pay to help them bring out the news.
This IMO is because our govt is getting out ofcountrol, and everyone is scrambling to either try to stop the flow of uncontrolled information, or trying to get a bigger piece of the pie before the baker quits his job.
I think this whole attempt at stopping the internet or portions of it is a suicide mission by anyone who attempts to do so. America loves 3 things...
Monday Night Football, Beer, and our Internet. Mess with any of those 3, say bye bye, because those will be the three things that will actually get us off our ass to fight.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

[url=http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/news-corp-microsoft-want-to-lock-google-out/story-e6frf7ko-1225802075810]www.heraldsun.com.au[/url ]

MICROSOFT has held talks with Rupert Murdoch's News Corp over a possible plan for the software giant to pay the media company to remove its news websites from Google, a report said today.
The plan sets a scene for a battle between search engines for access to websites and puts pressure on search juggernaut Google to start paying for content, the Financial Times said.

YAY! Now we wont have the garbage that is fox news comming up in google searches.
And nothing of value was lost.
Seriously, the best thing that could happen is that Fox becomes an island that noone goes to visit, kinda like Cuba.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The reason behind this is transparent and easy to see.

If they can say anything that they release on the net, cannot even be carried by Google, can you imagine if anyone tries to put it in a blog.

BOOM, no more internet news.

Kind of makes sense on the ISP treaty we heard about.

They are just going to ban anyone that even tries to write about news, except of course the propaganda news networks.

Can you say V for VENDETTA.

The ENDISNIGHE, in more ways than one.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

Happyfeet, you are an ignorant person if you believe this will not set a precedent.

Just imagine if you could not post your propaganda from THE HUFF.

Just imagine, and than wake the frack up.

They mean to shut down anyone trying to write about any news, do you not understand?

I am a right wing nut case and usually will not quote Faux News. But one thing is for certain, they are the only ones asking questions. I guess asking questions is too, what, in your opinion?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This was inevitable. Google plans on producing their own operating system, which would obviously go head on with Windows 7. Its gonna get very ugly soon.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

This IMO is because our govt is getting out ofcountrol

That sounds like a reach CG - I can't even see the edges of that one

An article about the cream of the private crop, the real PTB and you place the above in the equation

[edit on 22-11-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Ok from a webmaster perspective I will chuck in my 2 cents.

Microsoft and Google is like a championship bout fight right now.

Google is releasing a whole new way to use computers that has no windows at all. A whole new OS (Operating System). This means the end for Microsoft in the long term. This is like a massive uppercut from Google to Gates jaw. Fast computers with no Windows and no need to save files on your computer at all. Everything stored in the cloud:

Google's Chrome OS poses long-term threat to Microsoft
So in counter, Microsoft is seeking some kind of exclusivity deals with the biggest content providers such as Murdoch's huge collection of companies in an effort to punch Google in the gut.

It's really that simple.

Microsoft released Bing this year which is a direct challenge to the search market for Google, then Google says, "oh ya, well we don't even need you anymore, check out Chrome OS"

Back and forth they will go.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]

[edit on 22-11-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Okay, either everyone posting here but me has totally misconstrued the OP. I read it as that Murdoch will start restricting access to his news material.

Once a precedent is set, can you say access rights to all news sources?

You guys are going on about different Operating Systems? WTF.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Okay, either everyone posting here but me has totally misconstrued the OP. I read it as that Murdoch will start restricting access to his news material.

Microsoft and Google are boxing. Don't you get it? This kind of a deal with Murdoch will hurt Google because Google just kicked Microsoft in the head. Why is that so hard to understand?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

The big picture -

Google is about to change the technological paradigm which will threaten MS's dominance in their prime market. The theory is that MS will use Murdoch's holdings in a way that creates incentive to stay with Microsoft's OS. FOX is the carrot - Microsoft is the stick.

Google is the Bazooka

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This will not restrict news at all. This is all a bunch of hooey.

Microsoft and Murdoch are like two little babies whining from inside a crib about Google's success. Now here comes Google to take a huge dump right on their heads.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Microsoft are still annoyed and not being able to merge with Yahoo, so they have done the next best thing and directly approached a major content provider. Such is business.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

OMG i cant stop laughing, lol hahahahahha i have to agree more than 100 % on that.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
All that will happen is that the new corp companies will lose views and thier ad rates will go down.

there are many news sites right now that google cant penetrate.

What this is, is that other large companies are realizing that google how to much power they are trying cut it down. mark Cuban another billionaire said he would pay the top 1000 indexed sites a million each to close them selves off from google.

Its all about control and power and google has to much of it for the liking of other moguls.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
oh well i had enough of M$ so i guess i be buying googles Os when it comes out next year.. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it M$

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Apparently people like murdoch cannot comprehend the concept of a juggernaut.

Even Microsoft fears Google, what is a puny news corp can do to Google. Nobody cares, even google doesn't care.

Google Okay With Blocking News Corp.

The spokesman said, "If publishers want their content to be removed from Google News specifically all they need to do is tell us."

If murdoch wants to block google, don't wait until june 2010.

Look, this is a war between the utmost of the elites. Let's just say that murdoch is not even on that level.

I myself personally is supporting maemo (nokia's), not google/android and microsoft, or the likes of apple. I know google is a 'friend' but this is just too important.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
As an eversor assassin you should be able to put an end to this..
Smite these blasphemous heretics in the name of the God Emperor!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
As an eversor assassin you should be able to put an end to this..
Smite these blasphemous heretics in the name of the God Emperor!

With the way that GW police their intellectual copyright, I wouldn't be surprised to see them trying to petition Google to block access to our posts. I have a good force of Harlequin Troupers who might disagree with the censorship, though! The Laughing God would be proud of my Death Jesters!

Anyway, that's kind of off topic.

As was mentioned, we look like being on the brink of a new era, with the MS dominance being seriously challenged. About time, I suppose. As long as something better comes out of the fight.

Provided the internet remains relatively open and 'free', that's all that matters, I guess.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join