It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Threads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Urgh! Why is it on an almost daily basis these days there are nothing but annoying threads about Sarah Palin being made? Seriously, they usually aren't even political, either. I bet tomorrow there's going to be a thread called "Sarah Palin Buys New Pair of Shoes" or something. It's getting beyond ridiculous.

Sure, you could say this thread is achievnig the same thing. "if u dnt lyk dese threadz y do u contrib00t?"

Well, I just feel that everyone has had enough with the bashing of what many consider to be a weak political figure. If she is so weak, why do you continuously bring her up and try to slander her every single minute of the day.

Seriously, Palin thread makers, you all have a secret crush on her. Just admit to it. It's ok to find yourself infatuated with someone. Admission is the first step. Just tell us all that you love Palin.

Alright, rant over. I'm sure that you all agree that these Palin threads are irritating.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Sarah Palin is on her bus tour.
Nobody can take their eyes off of her!
Not even MSNBC can resist!
Go Sarah !!!
Turn that frown upside down. Join the party.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I don't think that can be done, hombre. She's a massive uh...Palin the butt.

Yeah, it sounds like "pain in the butt", just in case those of you miss the entirely intentional pun.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Palin is an easy distraction with a pretty face and no political future. Fox needs to get a clue and slap her on the cover of TMZ. Americans would be in awe.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing. When you scroll down the new topics, every 4 or 5 posts, theres a Palin thread.

I dont have a personal opinion of her, positive or negative.
But thats only because to me, her voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard.
Or Cats copulating.
Or putting Alvin and The Chipmunks in a blender.
Or........
Well you get ,my point. Its awful

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It's just Euriko doing his promotional campaign for Sarah Palin. You'll find that many of those threads are his. Usually it ticks me off because it's nothing about her politics with him...it's more like...Oh Sarah is coming! Watch out...Republicans will rule in 2010 and 12!

Why don't you start a thread about how great she is and why you like her so much. Let's find out why...in depth....why you think she is so wonderful.

I'd love to hear all the intricacies of her ideology and political standing.

She was cheerleading the bailout more than anyone. IMO McCain could have won if he was against it. But they left Americans with no choice. I would have voted for either one that was against the bailout if there was one...but there wasn't....so I didn't vote.

I want a real leader....not someone who is appointed for me by the corporate media as my only choices. It's insanity that you have to be RICH to be a President.

I see no middle class american running the country right now...and there hasn't been one in a LONG ASS TIME. Sarah Palin is no different.

Watching Obama and Bush play golf....and Obama having waterdunk parties...while people are losing their jobs and going into bankruptcy. How man soldiers died while they played that 18 round of golf?

If I were President I'd work my damn ass of and ASK the people if it was ok for me to do something like that. You should never be the slave of President....the President is supposed to be your slave. That's why HE WAS PUT THERE!!!!

Same with Bush, Obama...and every other PResident before them. Who was the last great President?

I've never been alive to see a great President....and I'm now 33 years old.

It's insanity that we have let it go on this long....and Eurisko...you do nothing but support it.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I know i wish I could filter out the word "Palin" from my ATS . Typical female driven distraction. Put a woman with a semi pretty face in there to distract everyone from anything real. I want to put the word Palin on ignore. Please help ATS PHP programmers!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I author quite a few of those exGov. Palin threads for the same reason she is the media darling currently in the spotlight. She is a controversial figure, leading a large conservative segment of the American population in a direction that I think is divisive. Every word she speaks needs to be scrutinized because so many folks have decided to be devotees and ignore her lies and obvious ignorance of the issues that affect so many.

She has become a cultural icon for many [the new White Hope] and thus the intrest in her. you betcha.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

I wouldn't mind it either...lol. Granted...I felt bad for how she was treated in the media.....but that doesn't make her intelligent.

There are 300 million Americans in this country...and people are telling me she's one of the best ones?!?!?

You gotta be kidding me. I could walk down the street right now and find someone who would be a better leader than her..and have far more the brain power.

"You Betcha!" Ugh

A brain...we need someone WITH A BRAIN!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

you betcha.

You beat me to it...blasted! That's what I hear in my mind when I see her on television and wow is it annoying..lol.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yeah, I can agree with all of what you said. I actually really know little about politics. It's something that doesn't interest me, but she seems like the person that comes second in those Idol music competitions. Gets nowhere, yet ends up getting a crapload of attention.

I guess I can understand that the MSM would bring her up every 20 seconds, but does that stuff really have to make it to ATS?

It ends up making the site look almost as bad as the threads where people are all "i r a evil being". Then the content is all "dis one tym i played slipknawt on m stereo nd i managed 2 supacharge nd i jst got so angry i fink tht im possessed"

Urgh. It makes one want to throw up in their mouth just a little bit.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I really don't know what to tell ya and I am sorry that you have to endure the seemingly endless fascination with exGov. Palin.

But for some of us political junkies; she is the focus of our attention because of her HOTness and her stupidity that so many who worship her ignore. It's a cultural phenomenon that I find very fascinating.

It is very reminiscent of the Rev. Sun Yung Moon and the Moonies deal that took place a few years ago.

S&F more or less in sympathy for ya. you betcha.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'm watching the Palin interview with O'Reilly. He's making her look like an idiot. Her lack of knowledge on most issues is very apparent.

I hope people see it.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Is propaganda, I really don't see any future for her in politics, but it seems she have some adoring fans here in ATS, do not worry the site will deal with the enamored threads soon if they get out of hand, after all if people ignore then they will disappear.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I guess you could say that...She's Palin comparison to her peers.

I should probably lay off the puns.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Why is it that when the far right and fox news parade Palin around like shes ganna turn the world around, they dont expect any criticism?? Yes I see the Palin threads, many of them are personal attacks on the woman, but then again whos parading her around? Isnt she the one creating all the publicity pushing for a her book? Would it not be common sense to expect these reactions if folks are going to parade her around all day? Or when she is the one creating the publicity? It just astounds me how the far right can go on about this "interest" in Palin when you fellas are the ones modelling her round'.

The Palin bashin' will stop once the rightwing stop parading her around like shes the new rightwing messiah. We dont care, so stop parading her around.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
How is this any different from the 3 ring circus and elephant shovel handlers that followed Obama throughout his campaign and into the White House?

Palin is merely riding the wave of her celebrity status right now. People want to hear what she has to say. Look at the ratings that Hannity and O'Reilly got during her interviews. Their ratings are consistently high and Palin just put them over the top.

I say let her speak her peace. The AP is already doing everything in their power to uncover dirt on her. Let it play out.

One thing is for certain, she has more political management experience than our current Commander in Chief. He couldn't effectively run a 7 eleven if he tried. The decision making on the slurpee flavor of the day would kill him.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Obama wasn't rich by any means when he decided to run for president. He was a state senator. He raised a tremendous amount for his campaign, it's true, but that's because he gained millions of supporters on the basis of his perceived fitness for the job and his charisma. There was a big grassroots movement to get him elected.

It's also true that he gained the financial and political support of the Democratic party once they became enthused about him, and I've no doubt there were corporate sponsors who made sizable donations. That's a tremendous amount of financial support.

But all that money came AFTER he was seen as a potential candidate. I'd say he was just an average guy when he started out, although I doubt if he was ever average. Still, he had no big inheritance nor was he any millionaire when he started.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Don't worry. I see it too. I just received an email from "Organizing for America" (yes I signed up to keep tabs on them LOL) asking for donations to raise $500K to combat Palin!!!!

But remember, she is a non-issue!!

[edit on 22-11-2009 by ACEMANN]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join