It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough is Enough

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti The rest of the world should be able to look at ATS and say "see..look at how they control their memeber actions....by force of coarse..
Well... no one forces you to stay and tolerate our method of maintaining one of the most active boards on the Internet. Wow, hasn't McGotti found his sarcasm streak? In reality, no, we don't want wishy-washy vanilla Stepford-Wives happy-slappy discussion on ATS. However... We should be attacking the issues, not each other. I think there are plenty of examples (outside of the mud pit) on this board of members engaging in heated discussion and debate where the tone has not degraded to personal attacks and repeatedly calling people "morons". If you resort to attempts of demeaning insults, rather than addressing the issue, it only serves to prove you may not actually be equipped to address the issue. As always, our staff will be handing out warnings when we see members attacking other members, and tossing around insults. And because it's difficult to see every post every day, they may come in waves as we suddenly discover the unsavory patterns of a trouble-making member. As it has in your case. So in summary... focus on the issues, not each other. I know that's much more difficult, and requires intelligence and skill... but that is why we're here.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The ATSNN thread that started all this seemed to be full of qoutes, double quotes and quotes that quoted threads directly above them, but I saw no warnings (were any given?) and at the time I thought to myself "where are the mods" there was a lot of vitriol from both sides but it mostly seems to start in the fashion that Djarums described, some smartaleck has to call someone a nazi or child killer or some such (we all know those who do this consistantly) Maybe the solution is to treat the warnings like speeding tickets in that they should stay on the record for awhile(couple months) and if to many are accumulated you lose your license.

I see this as a problem caused by repeat offenders that straighten up for awhile and go back to their old ways when the spotlight is off of them.

I think the mudpit is useful for blowing off steam - however those that bring the mud out onto the board should be dealt with harshly. Those that can leave it there should not be penalized because of undiciplined people - Afterall some of the trolls that live in the pit should not see the light of day anyways - I can think of four that would pollute the normal forums if let loose to run havoc over the board. Do us all a favor and let them live in the house that they built.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
suddenly discover the unsavory patterns of a trouble-making member. As it has in your case.

lol this is starting to be extremely amusing to me...

The unsavory patterns...as it has been in my case...lol

oh damn I didnt know I had a pattern of abuse so bad it needs 7 warnings in 10 minutes...ya im real sorry i thought a few people need to grow a pair and quit crying about their lost bottle..

what a joke

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I think it was Kano or Seekerof that brings up the BS Filter in some posts. I'm starting to see what they mean. We are all full of BS sometimes, but ya have to pick your battles. Djarums, I have read many of your posts, and you are quite intelligent, don't let the holligans deter you.

I might just make myself the official ATS Punching Bag.

U2u me if ya wanna let some steam off

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

I got one too, but for a different reason.

im not worried about the warnings..its all good

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by McGotti]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Look at my signature ,that says it all...say it loud say it proud

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
From debate and interaction comes a view of others.. I am never offended by anything anyone posts in a reply to anything I have written here at ATS... I am smart enough to expect the reaction to anything I post here.. If you have a message that is pure and you really believe what you are saying, then you have no reason to be frustrated by anything anyone says in responce.

The greatest thing about ATS is the fact that not everyone agrees here.. that is how a path to the truth or at least an overall understanding of a topic can evlove.

I respect and value all here at ATS.. even if we do not agree it is always interesting to se how others think or feel about any issue.

This is the greatest forum on the planet.. and the numbers speak for themselves.. because there really is something for everyone here... and sometimes we are even moved to re-think our own positions on issues in discussion here.. ATS is an awesome forum.. If you can't stand the heat.. take a break.. because I know you will be back for more.. just like the rest of us!

Gazz

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
if everyone agreed on everything we would live in the united states of ENGLAND!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Uh, a huge amount of members are from the UK, and many more from other countries all over the place.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Most of the people that are bitchin about flames useually bring it upon themselfs through simple arrogance.

Well well... nice to see some people don't change.

First off, I was complaining about a trend. Read what the hell I write before you moan about it. The trend of people being assaulted for expressing opinions that conflict with other's opinions. If you don't like my opinions that's fine. If it was a topic in the mudpit and i got nailed like that by someone, fine! It belongs there. But ATSNN threads? Learn the damn rules of this place. It's not your house and you don't have a "right" to be here. The rules are the rules. The rules don't allow for someone who supports something you don't to be called a racist murderer. If you don't like that rule, you can get the hell out.

Were this a one time problem, fine a u2u would have sufficed. But no, it's a growing trend. I'm not some drop in member here, folks. I'm not someone who's gonna post for a week and then take off. I'm someone who's been here a while and values this site and the immeasurable amount that I have learned from here, and enjoyed contributing what I know as well for others. See Mcgotti et al... what your ilk misses here is that when you care about a place it bothers you when you something that's amiss. Maybe you piss on the floor in your living room. I don't know. Personally I care about places I spend my time in. Foreign concept for you? Too bad. I took a mission upon myself here not to deny ignorance, because denying is too passive. I chose to try and disprove ignorance, and put it in it's place, and give factual proofs to shoot down out of hand speculation. I've caught a lot of fire for it. Doesn't matter. I'll continue to do it because frankly the people who attack me for it are of no value to me. Argue with me. But I absolutely will not have some little snert calling me a murderer etc because he doesn't like my opinion.

Anyways thanks to most of you for the feedback. Nice to know I'm not alone in some of these feelings.

[Edited on 5-21-2004 by Djarums]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
You personally attack others, so thet attack you. SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!!!!

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
You personally attack others, so they attack you. SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!!!!
It is really cool that you see yourself as some kind of oppressed martyr though. People don't attack you because you are jewish, or conservative, they attack you because you are a pinata for abuse.

[Edited on 5-21-2004 by groingrinder]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Thanks for helping end the day with a laugh!

Incidentally you call me a liberal while I complain about left wing members attacking me. Now that's educated! Also if you possessed any literacy skill of any sort you'd have reviewed what I was referring to and seen an unprovoked attack. But that's ok I don't expect much from you. As for thinking that no one will agree? Read the previous 4 pages jackass. Anything else?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
QUOTED THE AUTHOR OF THIS THREAD ""Djarums""

"""Read the previous 4 pages jackass."""""

HYPOCRIT!!!!!
calling someone a jackass seems like a personal attack to me!!!
see what im #in talkin about!?!?!?!

hypocrit..pathetic actually...this is exactly what I was talkin ABOUT..idiots attack other people then seem to forget real fast that they do it too.. as soon someone else does it back!

And this is no growing trend guy...people just like you have been bitchin about the same B.S. for years..

Nice to have somebody that started the thread do exactly what he bitchs about other people doing...

where is his #in warning????

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by McGotti]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

Most of the people that are bitchin about flames useually bring it upon themselfs through simple arrogance.

Well well... nice to see some people don't change.

well thanks for posted the statement that proved me right

practice what you preach .....better yet..which was my point in the begining...DONT PREACH AT ALL!!!

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I guess you woke up after the nice poster called me a dickhead. Sorry groingrinder, I don't use stars to keep from getting yelled at for vulgarity. Just isn't in me to want to use foul language and back away from it.

McGotti, it's clear that you disagree with me and think my thread was a waste of time. That said why not move along. You're not really saying much that's new.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Oh just to clarify one thing. McGotti, I could absolutely not care less what your opinion on this issue is. Like I said to begin with, I'm not asking for anything. I'm not asking for popular support or for anyone to concur. If I want that I'll put out a survey or go door to door and petition or something. Saving your breath would be the appropriate thing to do here because your very interesting methods of trying to prove me wrong, and the time your spending on them would be better allocated to something useful like one of the ongoing research projects on ATS.

...if you cant handle opinion grow a sac and get some nutz

Thanks for the moral advice and language suggestions reverend.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
How the hell can you actually sit there acting all high and mighty talking about how badit is the topics always turn to personal attacks when you yourself just called some onea jack-ass??? really im curious because from where im sitting...that is called a hypocrit!

say one thing and turn around and do the same thing...so by calling someone a jackass in this thread you complety discredited yourself--

so please..move along

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
STOP IT NOW.

The name-calling stops.
The insults stop.
The petty arguing stops.

Now.

Got it?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Oh for the love of Christ!

Both of you are acting like complete and total arseholes right now and behaving like children.

I mean cut the # out!

Well on second thought Im having fun reading you guys dissing each other, so nevermind me....

Carry on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join