It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many people on ATS beleive overpopulation is not a problem??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Im still relatively new to this site, but in the past ive come across "overpopulation" topics where nearlly all the posts are saying it does not exist.

In fact i remember one post saying how everyone should have a minimum of 4 kids each?!?!?!

Where i live in England (near London) the NHS is overstretched, public transport like buses are packed full and unemployment is unbelievably high. Not to mention the amount of homeless people.

Schools are also feeling the strain due to the high volume of children.

I know a lot of people are saying its all down to the recession but was it not all gonna come down to this anyway??

The demand is too high. There are not enough jobs for everyone in England. Our population is way high (cant remember the figure).

I cant speak for other parts of England or the world as i dont know all the facts on that.

But why do some people beleive we should keep having more children, like having 4 or more.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I don't thinks its overpopulated just, that many areas are over saturated.
We just need to spread ppl out more.
Like say homes per square area...limits...
There is no reason to have 10 million ppl in a 10 mile square, thats just asking for trouble, IMHO.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Over population is only aproblem in cities.

We flock to them like retards.

The real problem is pour resource management, but over-population is propaganda so that we're ok with the concept of genocide.

Earth is huge and there are thousands and thousands of miles of areas that we could settle into, on land and in the sea...

www.thevenusproject.com

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

You are right in a sense. In America alone there are roughly 3.6 Million square miles. At 640 acres within a square mile there are 2,263,962,240 acres within our borders...enough to give 6 acres to every man woman and child living in the borders of America. Or, enough to give 1/3 of the world population 1 acre a piece. The problem comes down to who would get the best property?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
i suggest you review the following thread:

The Overpopulation (Rate) Myth. by Loam.

on the same issue.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
As the above posters suggest the problem is spacing and not population. You could take the population of the earth and give each man woman and child their own acre of land and still not entirely fill ANY of the 5 major inhabited continents, leaving a further 4, plus the large remainder in your initial continent, free of people. So, space really isn't that big a deal.

We throw away anywhere up to 70% of all food that is produced, on any given day. So this isn't the issue.

The only credible, logical answer is that there are simply too many of us to control. There is no other reasonable or sensible explanation for the arguement for overpopulation.

You certainly should check out The Venus Project, as suggested, and take a look at The Zeitgeist Movement also.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You certainly should check out The Venus Project, as suggested, and take a look at The Zeitgeist Movement also.

yeah who could forget zeitgeist 2: Venus project. The Venus project is the biggest load of crap, i will give you it in a nut shell. Money is worthless to you you do not need it and the Venus project wants to do away with money forever so you can live in a happy utopia with out war and famine. There is a catch though... You have to give them money to build this place. Kinda sounds like a religion selling heaven. So your money may be worthless but the venus project will take it from you.

Anyways. Over Population is not a problem, you should not base a population problem theory off your living in the UK. Just here in california (everything for the most part) north of LA is huge empty wide open spaces. New Mexico is near vacant and there will always be Montana jokes about the 4 people that live in montana.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I think the problem is quality of life. People here just do not want there rights taken away from them with regard to them bringing kids into this world.

Its all about quality of life for me, not really about the numbers. The elites are not going to fix africa as a problem area, and what can the rest of the world do, nothing. Its all a question of quality of life, and thats the only real question, population control should be about.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

In America alone there are roughly 3.6 Million square miles. At 640 acres within a square mile there are 2,263,962,240 acres within our borders...enough to give 6 acres to every man woman and child living in the borders of America.

Problem with that line of thinking is that there are many inhospitable and uninhabitable areas that can't be lived in, and won't produce enough crops to sustain any sort of population. How would you like your six acres - in the middle of Death Valley?

Populations require a certain amount of space dedicated to farming and crop production, which takes a BIG bite out of how much land you can make available for living. Look at the Maya, who wiped themselves out after depleting the natural resources surrounding their homeland (The Fall of the Maya -- "They Did it To Themselves"). You can see it happening in Africa, with massive numbers of people starving.

You also have to consider quality of life. We already approach 7 billion people, and it IS getting dense in some urban areas, and our insatiable appetite for resources are wreaking havoc on the world's ecosystems. When a system collapses, you'll see first hand what the Maya experienced.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I believe there are many people on ats who believe overpopulation is a problem, they're just not as vocal as the other ones.

After all, it's no fun stating the obvious. Not to mention you risk being labeled as a supporter of eugenics.

People don't flock to the city out of stupidity, but out of need. Especially in 3rd world country, they would rather live in slums than starve to death. So of course overpopulation is a problem in the cities and not in the country.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
But keep in mind there are people on ATS who think the earth is secretly run by reptiles there are people who think they are alines and there are people that think that they can mind talk with aliens demons and god.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

yeah who could forget zeitgeist 2: Venus project. The Venus project is the biggest load of crap, i will give you it in a nut shell. Money is worthless to you you do not need it and the Venus project wants to do away with money forever so you can live in a happy utopia with out war and famine. There is a catch though... You have to give them money to build this place. Kinda sounds like a religion selling heaven. So your money may be worthless but the venus project will take it from you.

Not wanting to go OT, but your statement show's that you really know nothing about Fiat monetary systems. The value of your dollar is measured against debt and the fact the government accept it as a tax. To me at least, that is worthless. Measuring it against Gold may sound more valuable... but noone has ever truly needed gold, so I'd bank against food and water over anything else, as these are the only things we truly need.

Don't take the word's of these videos. Do your own research and learn for yourself, it's only when YOU discover the truth will you understand and I'm positive you will see our POV.

Nobody at TVP has ever asked for money from anybody. I volunteer my time and resources when I can, as do many thousands of others who are simply everyday people looking for a way forward to a fairer more humane society. If you're not part of the solution, you could well be a part of the problem.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

Do you think that we cannot produce enough food for everyone to live? Do you think that we can't build shelter's for every single person on this planet? Do you think that we can't provide medical treatment for every person on this planet?

I think all of the above is entirely possible and readily accomplished if our goals and values were different than they are today. They have dome homes that can be build with 1/3 the price of a conventional home. They now have Hemp concrete. I say it is our monetary system and drive to consume that places us in danger...not any lack of resources, but a lack in thinking about uses and implementing sustainable resources.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by frankensence

But even 1 acre per person, would be pretty easy to achieve would it not?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
We're a smart race... and we really don't use our intelligence enough.

Where we can't find or grow food, we can create arable land via irrigation systems, and this could have been done many times over in every third world country with the amount of money and relief supposedly arriving in the worst regions. This makes no sense, and should be addressed as the first priority of any true New World Order.

They'll get their New Order... but it won't be what they we're hoping for. We have the means and soon enough will have the resolve to fight back. Non-payment of tax on a large enough scale is enough to peacefully take back the earth and openly and honestly move forward both in terms of development and advancement of mind and technology alike.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie21m

It isn't that I don't care about overpopulation. It's just that when many people start talking overpopulation, they throw depopulation into the conversation. I don't think any government or human being has the right to decide when someone dies, just because they're taking up too much space.

I'm with the majority in this thread that believe that overpopulation is only a problem in cities and such. I live out in the middle of nowhere and overpopulation isn't a problem at all, but I've done quite a bit of travelling in my time and I understand that it is a problem in other places. I think that if people were to relocate, it wouldn't be such a big deal, but granted, it isn't easy to just pack up and go when a job is keeping you in one place. Especially since jobs are hard to come by these days.

So, it isn't that I don't think that overpopulation is a problem. It's just that I don't think depopulation is the answer to the problem.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

Haha you are right. I really think a global government just might be a good thing. When everyone realizes they have been against the same people their entire lives, unity across the world will be unmatched. Where there is unrest in one location they would send forces. Where there is unrest in two locations they will send forces. Where there is unrest in three locations they would take forces from the other two and put them in the third. When there is unrest in four locations, five, six, seven, eight, nine and One Hundred countries no matter how sleight the world realizes we are all one people and want a different way forward.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by frankensence

Right, because nobody lives in Alaska. Or the high desserts of the Southwest. Or the swamps of Florida.

People live everywhere.

Many call where I live inhospitable because there's no place to get a latte and the cell towers are spaced so far you cant get a good signal. If my 6 acres were promised to me free of regulation or taxation I'd take that Death Valley plot in a minute.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

But even 1 acre per person, would be pretty easy to achieve would it not?

What would you feed them? Solyent Green?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Overpopulation is a myth that will not go away.

Anybody every heard of Thomas Malthus? This guy was crying overpopulation....about 400 years ago. He was wrong then and the people saying it now are still wrong.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join