It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are quite a few problems with "Aliens"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
DISCLAIMER: I DO BELIEVE WE ARE BEING VISITED, BUT NOT BY ANYTHING OF "SPACE" ORIGINS

Anything calling itself an extraterrestrial is a liar. Think about the basic elementary problems:

1) Our combination of gases: Another being from another planet can not, and could not possibly breath our combination of gases. Remember Oxygen is a highly corrosive gas. Nitrogen is iffy as to whether other beings can use it, and Carbon Dioxide is pretty hazardous in itself.

2) Our bacteria and viruses. We have earned the right to live here through billions of years of evolution. Billions. We started out eating other prokaryotic cells and using them as organelles to become Eukaryotic. From there, we progressed and progressed to the point where we are multicellular organisms teeming with all sorts of pathogens and germs that our body houses.

3) Symmetry...bilateral to be exact, why are all the reported cases of aliens those of bilateral physical description. Maybe it is the preferred evolutionary path, but can we seriously explain the blatant bipedalism reported as well?

It seems we are searching for mirrors when we look towards the stars...no such mirrors exist imo.
HOWEVER

I am in no way stating that these crafts, beings, and civilizations do not exist. In fact, I know such things do exist, I have seen a few abnormal, no, EXTRAabnormal craft in my life time.
I think we really need to step out of the safe thinking box and step into the crazy side of things:

We either have a case of of Multidimensional beings or Time Travelers
In which case...things just became that much more complicated.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by TheOneElectric]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

i vote time travelers

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

im not sure on the time travel bit, although there was this one guy on c2c claiming to be in a time travel experiment when he was a kid and knew gw before he was president and gw told him "me and my daddy are gonna be pres!" beofre he actually became pres. but who believes people on c2c anyways. id say best bet is an entity from another dimension.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
So if UFOs are time machines, then how do time machines work? You take off from a base, get up in the air, and then______?

I can picture how an ET UFO might travel, but a time machine would go through a wormhole the same way?

I've heard the recent explanations of time travel, but I've never heard the explanation of a time machine.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

don't forget...the laws of physics are identical, at least, in this dimension; convergent evolution, it happens

[edit on 18-11-2009 by reject]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Thats the main question for me, not if they exist but if they are time travelers, from other dimensions or from other planets. and maybe even all three

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I don't see a problem.

We don't know what they breathe.

We don't know what they eat.

We know nothing about them.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I don't see the problem either.

1. If they come from an earth-like planet full of life, there's a good chance that its atmosphere is very similar to ours. Alternatively, if you go by the Walton case, made into the movie "Fire In The Sky", the appearance of the familiar big-eyed greys is simply a spacesuit which allows them to handle exposure to our atmosphere.

2. See #1.

3. Almost every life form on our planet has bilateral symmetry. Why wouldn't life on other planets be the same? Also, if we can assume that bipedalism is a crucial evolutionary step towards an advanced life form, then clearly the chances are good that this would apply to life forms everywhere.

[edit on 11/18/2009 by bagari]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Op, if you can get past the fact that ET's do exist and have all of this amazing technology, isn't it logical to assume they have some sort of way to negate the effects of our atmosphere, and have ways to fight our diseases?

1) Our combination of gases: Another being from another planet can not, and could not possibly breath our combination of gases. Remember Oxygen is a highly corrosive gas. Nitrogen is iffy as to whether other beings can use it, and Carbon Dioxide is pretty hazardous in itself.

Also, this comment doesn't really apply, how can you assume that they won't be able to breathe in our atmosphere, or if they breathe at all?

I think with this post you are just generating more and more questions, dont get me wrong I don't think thats necessarily a bad thing, but the reality is, there is no way to know what the capabilities of these creatures are, unless we meet one, and study it/our trustworthy government decides to let us in on the whole ET cover up deal.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I do not see the problems, i mean there are several reasons why people can't live in space yet we do so. There are huge splits in UFOlogy where you have people that take a logical approach on examining the craft captured in video and pictures and you have the group that goes into abductions and then you have the other groups where they have regular visits and walk among us and can mind talk from accross the universe.
The problems you posted are only really problems if they get out of the ship which there is very little evidence to back that up.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
it amazes me some people still think we are alone. i pity them.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Even our limited technology lets us go where there is no oxygen, (hint) scuba gear, space.

I'm sure aliens with advanced technology must have similar means to explore the the Galaxy/universe... And I'm speaking 3rd dimension only...

There are many other proven dimensions... (And whose to say they need oxygen.)

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Hoping4thebest]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
it amazes me some people still think we are alone. i pity them.
I couldn't agree more it is 2009 not 1909 just think where we will be in another 100 years maybe we'll be the aliens another civilisation is talking about if we make it that far into the future

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

We are not alone. There are other things out there. However, I believe we are most likely seeing interdimensional travelers...not extra terrestrials.

To all who say "I don't see the problem" There is the obvious problem that seems to be ignored or misunderstood. Each planet's formation and distance from its star is relative. Meaning that one planet will most likely be nowhere similar to the next in it's composition of gases, exposure to radiation, gravity, micro organic life, and basic chemical make up.

Things are visiting our planet on a daily, hourly, minute by minute basis. To say they are extra terrestrial in origin is stretching it. I mean, REALLY stretching it. I would accept it easily if that was the case but something makes me doubt it is. These beings have a record of getting out of their crafts, taking people aboard their crafts, preforming complex surgical procedures on individuals, creating hybrids, mating with the human population, and all sorts of other various forms of inconceivable acts.

As for beings from other dimensions...our rules probably do not even apply to them in all honesty. They could easily phase in and out as they pleased...or maybe not...who knows?

Time Travel,it would also make sense. It could be genetic engineering gone awry. They may need our genes to correct the mistakes that they made somewhere along the line. However, the problem is...there are too many species of these things for this to be the case IMO, but again who knows.

I am open for these things to be space aliens, but the fact remains that this is the only option for a lot of individuals because when they look up they desire to see a mirror and nothing more.

Space Aliens, Temporal Aliens, or Dimensional Aliens I do not care. I am just making the argument that whatever these things are we should not get comfortable with labeling them as what we, and our governments, want them to be in our heads. Just keep a heads up, and don't always accept Space Alien as to the answer of what these things are, because in all honesty it has the weakest argument for validity out of the three (and that is only the three I could think of/accept to be true)

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

1) Our combination of gases: Another being from another planet can not, and could not possibly breath our combination of gases.

1) Another being from another planet might not need to breathe.

2) We ourselves are probably more flexible than you give us credit for. Oxygen is the only thing we really need, and the presence of many other gasses is largely irrelevant. The majority of earths atmosphere is nitrogen, but that doesn't affect us adversely in any way. You can breath from a helium balloon and other than the funny voice, you probably won't notice a difference. If you check the link, you'll see that argon and carbon dioxide are less than 1% of the atmosphere, and everything else but water vapour is all in the low parts per million. As long as the aliens use either nitrogen or oxygen, it's likely they'd be able to breath our atmosphere with litle to no difficulty. For example...carbon monoxide, methane and ammonia are all toxic to humans, but even those these gasses are present, we don't die from breathing them because the concentrations are so low.

2) Our bacteria and viruses.

1) Have developed to feed upon and infect creaturs on this planet. They might not be compatible with creatures with highly different biologies. For examle, even on earth there are many viruses that have difficulty crossing species boundaries. The flu that affects your dog is unlikely to affect you.

2) Would presumably be something that an intelligent species would think to check, and take steps to deal with through technology. A modern day person travelling through time to walk amonsgt bubonic plague carriers could easily take preventative measures.

3) Symmetry...bilateral to be exact

1) Bilateral symmetry is the norm for pretty much all multi-cellular non-plant life on this planet.

2) It's completely reasonable for certain common characteristics to manifest themselves even in very different environments. For example, let's say you take a hundred pounds of florida beach sand and pour it slowly onto the ground. You'll end up with a pile that looks roughly like a pyramid with rounded edges. Now go to Mars and take a hundred pounds of local soil and do the same. The material may be different, the color may be different, the shape of the particles and the overall mass because 100 pounds might not mean quite the same thing under Mars gravity...but the overall shape of the "rounded pyramid" is going to be the same. The laws of physics are the same both here and on Mars, so for all the different qualities there are still some things that will be similar. Bilaterally symmetrical bipeds may be a form that naturally manifests and is condusive to intelligence development.

Multidimensional beings or Time Travelers

That could be. And personally I lean towards suspecting extradimensional beings, but I don't think the ET angle is as unlikely as you suggest.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I think there is more evidence of ETs than there is beings able to travel or interact with other dimensions.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

If you can travel to another planet i do not think GAS is a problem

2) Our bacteria and viruses. We have earned the right to live here through billions of years of evolution. Billions. We started out eating other prokaryotic cells and using them as organelles to become Eukaryotic. From there, we progressed and progressed to the point where we are multicellular organisms teeming with all sorts of pathogens and germs that our body houses.

Very true, but what makes you think any of the would effect an alien? I mean they did travel here from another star system, ever here of a bio suit?

would be top of my list on any visit to another planet

3) Symmetry...bilateral to be exact, why are all the reported cases of aliens those of bilateral physical description. Maybe it is the preferred evolutionary path, but can we seriously explain the blatant bipedalism reported as well?

one could ask why are planets not square? same thing really, I could tell you but its to long

I am in no way stating that these crafts, beings, and civilizations do not exist. In fact, I know such things do exist, I have seen a few abnormal, no, EXTRAabnormal craft in my life time. I think we really need to step out of the safe thinking box and step into the crazy side of things:

ahh and you being here is what? NORMAL? /me grins ..

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Each planet's formation and distance from its star is relative. Meaning that one planet will most likely be nowhere similar to the next in it's composition of gases, exposure to radiation, gravity, micro organic life, and basic chemical make up.

This is a very narrow way to understand what life is.

Lets look at it another way shall we? The Universe that we understand and reside inside of is made up of parts.. all the parts and parameters you speak of all came from the same point of origin correct? some call it the big bang..

Now for LIFE as a proponent of this would only require 1 thing and that is the BIG bang its self "or a theory that comes from the point of origin"..

So life is in effect a Bi - Product of the creation of the known universe, just because down on this rock we class Life as a GIFT when its NOT do not be shocked to find BUGS at the bottom of the ocean who live on ACID and a multitude of things that would kill a human DEAD.

To say NO way or MAYBE or mmm life is not out there please understand something be for you invoke the time travel inter-dimensions..

You ARE out there...

To look outside A box would require A box.. do you see A box? because I do not.

Unless that is you are the APEX of all life? and the odds on that are well..

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Time is a paradox, it can not be traveled only Bent ..

In order for one to travel To the past would inherently create its own time line.

If time travel was possible time its self would not exist nor would the universe..

well not the one we are in put it that way ^^)

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
if one has technology to travel vast distances across the universe why would he be afraid of earth microorganisms or its atmosphere? look where we are at genetic manipulation yet we still use rockets . dont we have hazmat suits? our people even have space walks..

i dont understand Your reassoning

top topics

<<   2 >>

join