It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States of Tara

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Have you watched this show?

It is hysterical!

This past week I just watched the first season of it on the OnDemand network. Season 2 starts up in March of 2010. Here's a quick summary of the show's plot.

United States of Tara @ IMDb

A woman struggles to find a balance between her dissociative identity disorder and raising a dysfunctional family.

Here is the only trailer I could find.

Toni Collette is "Tara". She is a wife and mother of two who is a personality disorder. When in a stressful situation, a different personality takes over and she is now one of her "alters", as they call it on the show. She's got three recurring alters in the show.

"T" - a 15 year old teenager who's desperately looking to express herself through intercourse with anyone who will have her. Makes for a good laugh.

"Buck" - A 40-something year old male who is a bit of a hillbilly and had his male part blown off in Vietnam. Buck is my favorite alter and usually provides some of the best laughs.

"Alice" - a 1950's housewife who is prim and proper.

If you haven't watched this show, seek it out and give it a shot. It definitely has one of the better pilot episodes I have ever watched.

It is created by Diablo Cody and has Stephen Speilberg as an Executive Producer.

Great show!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This actually became one of my favorite shows. I also watched all the episodes OnDemand, and I loved it! I cant wait for the second season. My favorite character is Butch for sure. But theyre all hilarious.

new topics

join