It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascist UK - Police Politicised

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I've seen it coming for a long time, but just yesterday I discovered the first real tangeable indications that the UK is becoming an overtly fascist nation.

Some of you may have heard about the English Defence League phenomena. They are a group of English men and women (of all colours) who have decided to stand up against radical Islam, which is growing within Britain. They have staged several protests in various cities (the biggest of which was comprised of about 1000 protesters) and have spawned the emergence of the 'Welsh Defence League' and the 'Scottish Defence League'. These groups pose a fundamental threat to the current order of things, where multiculturalism, radical Islam and the new world order shall not be questioned. The police handling of these demonstrations has been unfair at times, but mostly within the law and realm of what's acceptable in a free country. Not anymore...

The Scottish Defence League demonstrated yesterday (Saturday 14th Nov) in Glasgow. Several members of the EDL discussion forum have reported that they have had visits from Glasgow police, to their homes, warning them not to protest.

Here's what one protester reported:

Got a visit from Strathclyde police last night, They came all the way through from glasgow to tell me not to goto the march or I will be arrested thrown in the cells in glasgow for the weekend then serve a week's remand. There was 4 CID and 2 Lothian and Borders. Obviously shows you that there is someone or people monitoring what is being posted.

Firstly, these officers got the address and personal details of the member in question from their IP address. Secondly, they threatened what they had no reason to believe was anything other than a peaceful protester with jail-time simply for turning up. This happened to several other potential protesters.

It's my understanding that the police can only gather personal information from IP addresses, and act upon this information, if they have a legitimate reason to believe the person in question might be plotting some unlawful act. They had no reason to believe this. It is also my understanding that the right to protest is a human right within the UK.

Just think about the connotations of police using someone's IP address to track them down and threaten them with jail-time simply because the person was intending to attend a lawful, peaceful protest. It's all very reminiscent of the Stasi. It seems we're not far from full Authoritarian Fascism.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This sort of action is nothing new. The same tactics were used going all the way back to the miners strikes in the 80's and likley before that too - well before the days of everyone being online.

I still have my suspicions about the EDL and who, ultimately, is behind it. I don't mean it's public face and spokespeople, but the seed money and setup of the organisation. Sure, they have a growing membership made up of members of the public but seem to have a narrow focus, something which leaves them open to charges of racism etc, in much the same way as the NF and BNP always were.

Any serious opposition to the government and it's criminal policies needs to have a full agenda and portfolio of alternative ideas, to appeal to a wider audience if it is to have any chance of getting mainstream attention and widespread appeal. Anything else is mere window dressing and a waste of time and effort.... and also helps the authorities to identify dissenters too, especially if they willingly and conveniently sign up to the organisation.

Don't get me wrong, I am totally against the police actions and the government in general but, as I say, I will save my efforts for a better prepared and organised fight.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
This is very much the concern that I have for America. There was a woman arrested for telling the truth in America. So where does that leave us? America and the UK go over and fight for the democratic rights of other countries while our own rights are being eroded. It just doesn't make sense.

When this makes any sense to anybody; please let me know, as I am not one who wants to live in a fascist state.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Did the guy still go the demonstration? I wouldve gone still. It just goes to show that these groups are a threat to tptb.... I think we should all join and scare them more.
How dare they
Any wonder all respect for the police has gone. They are nothing more than jackbooted soldiers for th nwo.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The police cant throw you in jail for a peaceful protest, I have to ask what is the difference between this and the islam4uk protests in Westminster seems like the type of thing the SDL is protesting against. It seems that Radical Muslims can do and say what they like i.e preaching hate and even getting government grants to do it whereas tax paying citizens are warned before they protest
Stoking the flames Strathclyde police, stoking the flames

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
If the police came to my door saying those things, i'd would immediately get in touch with a lawyer and get some free legal advice.

It was my undertsanding that it is our right to legally protest.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
This sort of action is nothing new.

And that makes it okay? I don't mean to sound argumentative, but it annoys me that people are tempted to accept this kind of cr*p simply because it's nothing new.

Originally posted by Britguy
I still have my suspicions about the EDL and who, ultimately, is behind it.

If you don't mind, I'd like to not turn this into a discussion about the rights or wrongs of the EDL. There have been threads for that. It's merely circumstantial that events surrounding this particular group (the EDL) have flagged up the politicisation of police. It could be any anti-establishment group.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
EDL is highly infiltrated and probably a program operated by the state. If not, then their paranoia and willingness to openly discussing their activities mean MI5 knows and probably monitors all websites (which the members engage on)

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

The EDL are a bunch of idiots, and the anti-fascist people who use violence are also idiots in the minority. A fair number of younger people in Britain are just stupid - that's the best way to put it. They'll go out to riot and protest because they think it's cool and fun, not because they are anti-fascists by heart - and yes I'm talking about lots of muslims who are coloured people from the midlands who behave like that!

The majority of people in Britain are good people who end up never turning up to their rallies intended to be peaceful because the idiots have hijacked it.

Yes we need constructive debate about Islam that should not be deemed racist or fascist, although there's plenty of idiots who are muslims still who will call any criticism of islam as being racist. We need education to educate these idiots, and stop their idiocy spreading on both sides - the EDL, anti-fascist rioters etc.

Do the Islam4UK crowd understand that they're using their freedom of speech to ask for oppression, when they desire sharia law in the UK!

What are the police supposed to do stuck in the middle of all of these muppets??? They seem to often chose to protest the coloured people first because they're scared of being called racists by the idiots, so they should get rid of their stupid political correctness, as they're justifying what the stupid people falsely claim to be racism - and that's extremely dangerous!

[edit on 15-11-2009 by john124]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
As I understand it this thread is not about the EDL and it's right's or wrong's but is about The Police using illegal means to try and prevent an individual going about his legal right to protest.

I personally would have logged a complaint immediately and sought legal advice.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
My advice: Start talking about the police and MI5 monitoring you - don't be surprised if these organisation create a file, entitled in your name

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Currently, we have no evidence apart from the OP.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I am aware that posting something on a forum can hardly be called proof positive....which is why I would have made a forrmal complaint, sought legal advice and probably publicised it.

However, I would not be suprised at all if it were true....we both know how this country is being managed and policed.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Too bad you Brits let the government take your guns, now you have no choice but to do what they say. Defence leagues will be branded as "hate groups" instead of the radical islamists. Defend your country and your values and go to jail. Yep, I would agree that Britain has gone fascist. I don't see it getting any better either. Whatever happens in England is eventually coming to America. I find this all very, very sad.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies, and thanks Freeborn for putting it back on track.

Originally posted by infinite
Currently, we have no evidence apart from the OP.

That's true. If there were evidence to give you, I'd give it. All I can do is link you to the thread where several members of the SDL have made these claims: here. I don't know any of those people personally, but I see no reason they'd make it up, unanimously. Furthermore, what proof could they possibly offer?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

WTF has it got to do with guns?

Why are you Americans so obsessed with guns?

And for your information we can legally own licensed hunting guns etc.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Asktheanimals

WTF has it got to do with guns?

Why are you Americans so obsessed with guns?

And for your information we can legally own licensed hunting guns etc.

Agreed. The seond you start relying on a 'tool' or 'weapon' to decide your arguements is the second you start losing.

We don't need guns...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

i just got an error message when i used your link.

the story really doesn't sound to likely to me. the police tracing an IP address, turning up at the house like storm troopers and warning someone off a peaceful protest sounds incredible.

[edit on 15/11/09 by pieman]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
In fact, I believe the claims are bogus.

Political nonsense in order to treat a protest groups as victims. Far left organisations make these accusations all the time.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Jesus christ, always with the guns.

Guns have absolutely nothing to do with this subject.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join