It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling hungry?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2729d86b9008.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e253e3db2d89.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02b1a17321df.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2d5a53c5e5b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a73abe85ab61.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4769d94d027b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a22032cb496.jpg[/atsimg]

What does all this food have in common?

Its all 100% vegetarian.

Don't be worried, this isn't going to be a shock or guilt topic.

For years humans have had the technology to go completely vegetarian and vegan. ( I'm not vegan because I get some of my protein from eggs) Its just the fact that meat makes money and thats the only reason were still eating meat.

Some of you may be concerned about your health or weight.
Others of you feel sorry for the animals that are used to make your meals.
Maybe you would like to go green? (real green, not al gore green)

Either way, before you click the back button on your browser take a look at some of these facts:

•Plants yield 10 times more protein per acre than meat.

•Most vegetarians have lower cholesterol levels than meat eaters.

•Vegetarians have fewer cases of colon cancer and digestive problems.

•Health conditions, such as diabetes, obesity, gallstones, and kidney stones, are much less common in vegetarians.

•Twenty-thousand pounds of potatoes can be grown on one acre of land, but only 165 pounds of beef can be produced in the same space.

•Forty-five percent of the total land in this country is used to raise animals for food or crops to feed these animals.

•Rainforests, vital to earth's oxygen supply, are being destroyed at an alarming rate - the top cause is the raising of animals for food.

According to the Environmental Protection Agency, factory farming pollutes U.S. waterways more than all industrial sources combined.

I don't want to hear about people saying humans were created to eat meat because of our incisors (which is completely incorrect, because we don't have the correct kind of incisors dedicated to eating meat. Look at a monkeys teeth or more accurately a lions)

People also say animals kill animals everyday so therefore it must be correct to feed off of other animals. If you're that dedicated to trying to remain as intelligent as animals then I suggest logging off the computer as its past your time era.

Complaining about the price of going vegetarian isn't an effective argument against vegi food either because people always factor regular groceries + meat + vegetarian food... which to this day I don't understand why they would still factor in meat. The prices of meat are skyrocketing and the taxes are increasing to "save the earth" Who would want to buy meat with chemicals and viruses sprayed all over it anyways.

Going vegetarian or just cutting down on meat intake is not a very radical life change. Now days its as easy as changing the brand of food you buy.
Morningstar is my favorite brand for almost everything while Boca has a monopoly on my ground hamburger.

Now I would like to challenge everyone to a test. The test is to buy a pack of these vegetarian ribs the next time they are at the grocery store and prepare them as you normally would with meat for your family dinner. (Don't tell them it isn't real meat until their done
most people are wayyy too judgemental)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0792f27092a6.jpg[/atsimg]

To be honest, I REALLY think you will buy them again. The taste just dumbfounds me.

On an ending note: Imagine if all omnivores (if you think your a carnivore; your ignorant) reduced their meat intake by only 50%. 3.5 BILLION (half the number of every human on earth) animals would not die per year. Imagine all the carbon those animals may emit. Think about the impact vegetarianism could have on your health as well not to mention its another great way of sticking it to the man. Now thats healthy AND green!

Alas, what wickedness to have one living creature fed by the death of another... in the midst of such wealth as Earth, the best of Mothers, provides.

Pythagoras

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

As much as I appreciate what you are doing with this thread, I have tried this veggie meat and it tastes like cardboard to me.

Yes yes yes there are adverse health effects from eating meat and that's all well and good. If meat is going to kill me, then I will die happy and hopefully while eating a 16 ounce porterhouse.

Tonight, I will be having a roast from the deer I killed this year. Sure to be delicious and very lien too.

You may call me a monster, but I showed my animal mercy and respect.

I only really eat happy cows which also happen to be organic. (I'll elaborate as to why they are happy if you want)

---------------------------------------------------------

I eat a ton of veggies of all different kinds. Piles of them. I love veggies. I just happen to love them along side a nice slab of meat.

I am in good shape.

I am not overweight.

I am healthy.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If God did not intend for us to eat animals then why did he make them so delicious?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Soy isn't healthy, recommending one unhealthy product over another is stupid.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by djquinn
If God did not intend for us to eat animals then why did he make them so delicious?

They aren't so delicious unless you dress them up. Try eating meat with no spices, salt or anything else, just plain raw meat. I guarantee it won't be delicious as you think

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
One it takes like garbage and yes I have tried multiple things as my wife went on a vegan kick awhile back.

Two: Meat is very good for you actually and there is studies showing how Soy products can cause major issues for men including the dreaded increase in man boobs.

Three: Is ATS really the place for this topic? It's barely BTS material. There is many things to look at if man were to stop eating meat it could have a drastic effect on the world we live in and possibly not for the better.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
One it takes like garbage and yes I have tried multiple things as my wife went on a vegan kick awhile back.

Two: Meat is very good for you actually and there is studies showing how Soy products can cause major issues for men including the dreaded increase in man boobs.

Three: Is ATS really the place for this topic? It's barely BTS material. There is many things to look at if man were to stop eating meat it could have a drastic effect on the world we live in and possibly not for the better.

One: You obviously haven't tried it if you think it tastes like garbage. That is such a BS comment because I KNOW you have not had what I posted.. and you know it too.

Two: Don't you know who the studies were done by?

Three: I think anything that wakes anyone up from ignorance is ATS material.
How the hell could going vegetarian and green hurt the earth?

And to djquinn: Well first of all gods not real but thats a whole other story. Meat tastes good because of the HERBs and spices used. Have you ever had Human meat to prove that animals taste good and humans dont? I didn't think so.

Lets hope some intelligent people find this post.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

As much as I appreciate what you are doing with this thread, I have tried this veggie meat and it tastes like cardboard to me.

Some does yes, but I can say the same about meat.

Have you had exactly what I posted?

Morningstar ribs. Try them.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I used to be vegetarian, and I like the soy "meat," but that bacon in that pic just looks nasty! It looks like bacon flavored chewing gum!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp
Soy isn't healthy, recommending one unhealthy product over another is stupid.

Show me an unbiased test. That is, not funded by some meat company.

Not all Vegi products are made of soy by the way.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I was feeling hungry until i came across this thread.

Good thing i have a nice mustard bunny on the way.
Oh and cake too.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
One: You obviously haven't tried it if you think it tastes like garbage. That is such a BS comment because I KNOW you have not had what I posted.. and you know it too.

Two: Don't you know who the studies were done by?

Three: I think anything that wakes anyone up from ignorance is ATS material.
How the hell could going vegetarian and green hurt the earth?

And to djquinn: Well first of all gods not real but thats a whole other story. Meat tastes good because of the HERBs and spices used. Have you ever had Human meat to prove that animals taste good and humans dont? I didn't think so.

Lets hope some intelligent people find this post.

So I'm now a because I have tried soy based products and didnt like the taste? Did I try the exact ones you listed? No I did not but I would hope I would be allowed to have more then just what you posted if you expect people to do away with meat and move to soy. Soy "meats" don't taste like meat and they dont taste good to ME. Don't try and tell me what I like to eat because you don't know.

Links about so being bad.

www.the7thfire.com...

"Is soy bad for you?

It contains high quantities of various toxic chemicals, which cannot be fully destroyed even by the long cooking process. These are: phytates, which block the body's uptake of minerals; enzyme inhibitors, which hinder protein digestion; and haemagluttin, which causes red blood cells to clump together and inhibits oxygen take-up and growth. Most controversially of all, soy contains high levels of the phytoestrogens (also known as isoflavones) genistein and daidzein, which mimic and sometimes block the hormone oestrogen. "

www.westonaprice.org...

That link shows about 20 years of studies showing effects of soy. There is also a great article in mens health but I can't find it to link.

You ask how it could hurt the earth going Green and vegetarian? The world is based on complex ecosystems and the current way things are is based on how they are currently balanced. By disrupting that balance by say no longer killing cattle and introducing a higher amount of the bi products of soy into the world it could have profound effects that we don't even realize.

Good example is when we have tried to introduce a non native species to control the take over of a non native plant in an area it has sometimes cause whole groups of wildlife to go extinct because of the effects we didn't foresee. Good example to look up is scotch broom in the US.

And to your last point about how you hope intelligent people show up in your thread, if you think just because people disagree with you and have different taste buds then you that they are dumb then you need to read this sites motto.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I don't want to hear about people saying humans were created to eat meat because of our incisors (which is completely incorrect, because we don't have the correct kind of incisors dedicated to eating meat. Look at a monkeys teeth or more accurately a lions)

Now I would like to challenge everyone to a test. The test is to buy a pack of these vegetarian ribs the next time they are at the grocery store and prepare them as you normally would with meat for your family dinner. (Don't tell them it isn't real meat until their done most people are wayyy too judgemental)

I see, it's not natural for humans to eat meat, but still the urge to make your fake meat look and taste like meat.

Lol.

I don't like the methods of the meat industry, but to say that it's not natural for man to eat meat, is ludicrous.

I think this whole thread shows how natural it is to eat meat.

Why not shape the fake meat into the form of a carrot.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
if you're going to be a vggie, why eat food that resemble meat? if you like meat so much, why force yourself to eat fake meat?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Also that burger looking type substance has cheese and what looks like mayo in it.
Shame on you.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
if you're going to be a vggie, why eat food that resemble meat? if you like meat so much, why force yourself to eat fake meat?

I'd guess it is because people believe meat eating is habitual and habitual activities are easier to curb gradually. Like those fake cigs that look like real cigs. It helps the person break the habit (transitioning to vegetarian diet) while minimizing the psychological effect.

Believe me, you grow up on St Louis ribs and then quit meat (for whichever reason) and you are gonna crave ribs. Sticky, saucy, succulent ribs. With fatty meat all over them.... droooooool

Well, if you cannot have them, you could go gnaw on a carrot or you could warm up some of those Morning Star ones. The Morning Star ones actually do the trick for me. Not bad at all.

As someone who has been feeling internally 'urged' over the past few years to go vegetarian, I do find it comforting that alternative meat-less foods are out there. I do really appreciate meat but I feel that as an advanced society we ought not be breeding animals in disgusting pens only to slaughter and eat them. I do eat meat, but I don't really like the idea of what is going on.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

Tonight, I will be having a roast from the deer I killed this year. Sure to be delicious and very lien too.

You may call me a monster, but I showed my animal mercy and respect.

I only really eat happy cows which also happen to be organic. (I'll elaborate as to why they are happy if you want)

---------------------------------------------------------

I eat a ton of veggies of all different kinds. Piles of them. I love veggies. I just happen to love them along side a nice slab of meat.

I am in good shape.

I am not overweight.

I am healthy.

It cannot be said enough that people who respectfully live off the land should never ever feel guilty for eating a deer they shot. There is a big different IMO between shooting game and properly using it and cooping up a hundred cows into a tiny pen just so they can grow up to be slaughtered. The former seems healthy, the latter seems rather demented.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well I definately dont feel hungry looking at the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pictures.

What on earth even is that in the 2nd picture? It looks radioactive.

Im sure on some level we must be designed to eat meat because otherwise why would we eat in the first place? Think it says alot as well that even though there's all these vegetarian products to replace meat, its still made to look and taste like meat.. why is that?

I have tried vegetarian food in the past... the majority of it has been pretty dire, there has been a couple of things that have been edible.. but I guess thats the price you pay for whatever reason is it that you become vegetarian in the first place.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

While I haven't went too much into the vegetarian lifestyle, I have tried a few vegetarian foods. I have to say, I can't stand morning star burgers. I haven't tried any of their other products but I will only eat these if there is nothing else to eat (which is actually the reason I tried them).

Though I would like to explore other brands and foods of the vegetarian lifestyle. One thing that I was never able to decide is whether eggs should be included in a strict vegetarian diet. But I think that is the same arguement as abortion.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine0099thousand
One thing that I was never able to decide is whether eggs should be included in a strict vegetarian diet. But I think that is the same arguement as abortion.

Not really, I think the vast majority of chicken eggs that we eat are unfertilized. So no baby chicken would hatch if it was left to its own devices.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join