It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC now says 4,000 swine flu deaths in US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

news.yahoo.com

Until now, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had conservatively put the U.S. swine flu death count at more than 1,000. Officials said this week they're working on an even more accurate calculation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Until now, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had conservatively put the U.S. swine flu death count at more than 1,000. Officials said this week they're working on an even more accurate calculation.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I know very little about the workings of the CDC or the WHO, how they calculate rates of infection, morbidity, mortality, etc. It seem to me that 4 times the estimated number is a huge discrepancy between what the reality of the flu is and what they told us it was.
In a country of 308 million people 4,000 is still not a big deal (unless you are one of the 4000 or someone close to them). However, if what is happening in the Ukraine and the fact that we still haven't gotten our "Second waive" of the flu, who knows what will happen.
Does anyone with knowledge want to comment on the CDC's error?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
don't give in to the fear mongering. it's bad for your health.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
4000 is that all? with all ther hype i was hoping it be 4 million.
And i said this before in another thread our ancestors that survived the 1918 epidemic the survivours survived because they was naturally immune to it or they built up an immunity to it. As with the course of evolution that immunity is passed down through the generations. the vast majority of us will catch swine flu but its hardly going to kill us albeit a few here and there.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

Yup, I actually said that 4000 doesn't seem like a lot of people in a nation of 308 million. However, that's a HUGE gap in the statistics. How did the CDC only get 1/4 of those who died from swine flu on record. I'd actually be less surprised if they were way off in their records if 4 million had died. So, I'm asking anyone who knows about the CDC record keeping, why this might be? Is this normal? Because, if it is, why even listen to these people at all. They obviously are FAR from accurate.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I read in another post somewhere that the CDC had stopped doing testing to verify wheather H1N1 was the cause of flu related deaths because of the extremely low numbers they were discovering. (if anyone can link to this post I'd appreciate it).

For them to now come up with a number 4 times their original estimate shows to me that they are playing fast and loose with their numbers. Also note that they have to estimate because they stopped testing to verify if it was H1N. They are probable now counting every flu related death in the past year as "being swine flu related".

I don't buy it. It looks like they are ratcheting up on their propaganda campeign because word is getting out. People are afraid of the vaccine and they don't believe the H1N1 viris is that dangerous.

Don't fall for it.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The Centers for Disease Control will release figures, as early as tomorrow, showing an estimated 4,000 Americans -- about three times the previous estimate -- have died from the virus and its complications, and that 40,000 people have been hospitalized.

The new numbers expected from the CDC will be based on a computer model looking at surveillance systems that the CDC uses to track influenza -- systems such as hospitalizations, lab testing and emergency room visit.

spin the numbers I guess. This is similar to the 30k-36k death rate for traditional seasonal flu also based on computer models. Pinning an exact figure is obviously a challenge.

src

brill

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree. There's something wrong here. Either they're full of #, hiding something or completely inept.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by really

So? ............. I don;t have anything to say but so.......... well I will say this. the swine flu is way over rated.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ok. I believe the numbers of deaths per year for the "regular flu" were about 100,000 world wide,.. so why are we alarmed?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Again, I'm not talking about the number of deaths but the huge miscount. The data is horrible. 4 x more people die than they said. So, is this normal? If so, why do we need the CDC?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
People needs to understand that the CDC is taking the pneumonia cases be hospital or otherwise as part of the swine flu deaths.

Meaning anybody that dies of pneumonia complications be at the swine flu results or not are all considered swine flu deaths.

Why the are doing that? because the swine flu death by themselves do not add enough to justified mass vaccination, national emergency and a pandemic, actually it never was.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Another interesting thing, the CDC is adding numbers as early as April of this year, to boost the numbers.

What a whole bunch of crocks.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
People needs to understand that the CDC is taking the pneumonia cases be hospital or otherwise as part of the swine flu deaths.

Meaning anybody that dies of pneumonia complications be at the swine flu results or not are all considered swine flu deaths.

Why the are doing that? because the swine flu death by themselves do not add enough to justified mass vaccination, national emergency and a pandemic, actually it never was.
Yep I said that^^^^ earlier up there. This is so way overblown. I have to admit though when this first started in "Mexico" I was all about "it was gonna be Huge" but then I learned the truth. >all about the vaccine

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by really

Yeah sure, let's see the dead bodies.

Bring out your dead.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The CDC and WHO were all too happy to skip counting people who died from Pneumonia as swine flu deaths. Anything they could do to minimize the true number of infected and dead was fine with them.

With the passing of time and the submission of papers to medical journals they can no longer deny that a large number of people who died from Pneumonia were actually swine flu victims.

There were also issues with rapid test kits that had a less than fifty percent accuracy and issues being able to detect the virus in people who had been infected but had moved on to the secondary respiratory infection.

This is how they go back and re-write history by claiming "we didn't know". They cannot continue to hold the same position against so many researchers releasing papers to the medical journals and so on.

The fact is, they did know. Everyone knew going back to Mexico that this virus was leaving people with pneumonia in large numbers. They just claim incompetence and no one holds them accountable.

In reality, they killed people. If they had advised Doctors about the secondary infections and told them to use antibiotics and pneumonia vaccines as preventatives they could have saved quite a few lives.

The whole thing just makes me sick. All they cared about was keeping economies going and global trade moving.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I know for a fact that local hospitals are now counting any flu like symptoms as confirmed Swine Flu

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Up to 8 different virus strains are hidden in the vaccine and can be contaminating us! (according to the patent application that Baxter International, inc submitted - see The Science and Etymology of the H1N1 Virus)

It's very possible that people getting the vaccine are spreading these different variants! Including horse flu, dog flu, swine flu, bird flu, and human variants.

If that's the case the deaths could increase at a far higher rate, starting at any time.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
I know for a fact that local hospitals are now counting any flu like symptoms as confirmed Swine Flu

** Edited after talking wife my wife lol (she's an ICU nurse) **

Appears this is the case!

p.s. Love the avatar! V for Vendetta is FTW!

[edit on 11-11-2009 by notreallyalive]

[edit on 11-11-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
He's right. Official policy in the US is to call anyone with flu symptoms as swine flu infected. They don't even test now unless you have a very good Dr or you get hospitalized.

As for the vaccine contamination, do you have any clue how many state and national agencies take random samples of vaccines and test them?

How many researchers take samples of vaccines and sequence them for study in developing even better vaccines?

If you can convince me that tens of thousands of scientists are all in on the conspiracy I might start to believe it.

I can't believe people are falling for the disinfo campaign so easily.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join