It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the elite are sane afterall?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
What if:

We are overpopulated and destroying the planet?

We've resorted to polluting our environment with synthetic compounds because the demand was too high, and natural supply was too low?

The population growth made it necessary to introduce more radical methods in agriculture, including pesticides, herbicides, and GM foods?

Chemtrails are a means to offset the reality of global warming?

People are too emotional to handle the reality of the mess we've created.

The elite have done what they can to let this party go on as long as possible, but our window to save ourselves from extinction is closing in?

People refuse to change their ways of living, even after years of being told the consequences?

People would refuse government mandates to curb our effects on the planet, because they find it easier to call it nonsense?

The only resort those in control think is left, is to wipe out many of us, and rebuild society with more rational laws on consumption and reproduction?

Is this possible? Not to say the elite are great men, but looking passed the thought of them simply being evil fools...could the move to get rid of most, to save the remaining be considered sane? If not make the hard decision, all die?! How would that be a sane decision?

Although I expect it, this post isn't intended for flaming. It's a hypothetical serious consideration. What if this is the reality. Disinformation and overall apathy has lead us to believe that things aren't as bad as they are.

What if this is the only rational last resort?!

[edit on 11-11-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Lets just say they are right and the current population is unsustaiable.

Who are they to decide who lives and who dies?

Where do they get off taking active measures (mass murder) to eliminate portions of the population they have decided need to be culled?

If we are all that stupid and can't see the forest for the trees, why can't they just create bunkers or arks for themselves and stock up supplies to save their own kind when civilization falls apart? If they really are that elite, they definately have the recourced to do so.

I find the idea very troubling that TPTB could seriously be taking active measures to whipe out vast protions of our civilization just to preserve themselves in the event of an emergency caused by the eventual depletion of natural recorces.

Noone has the right to play god with other people's lives.

Except god, of course.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Ok how about the so called elite volunteer for extinction first. Do you really think any of them will?

Of course they wont, but they will have you exterminated, while sipping tea and eating cuecumber sandwiches, and proclaim It's for the good of mankind.

EDIT: Im sure you will be right at the front of the queue, with you're sleeve rolled up, ready for you're injection to the better life. ..NOT

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Agent-ATS]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
What if the elite use there wealth and power to maintain control rather then help feed the world ?

What if the elite enslave 3rd world nations by taking control of there natural resources ?

What if the elite maintain an oil based economy to line there pockets at the cost of devastating the environment ?

What if the elite took control long ago via manipulation deceit and coercion ?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Another thought.

The elite really don't have to take "active measures" to reduce population in the event of a cataclismic depletion of natural resorces; we'll all kill each other fighting over them before the end comes.

When the people of the world wake up and realize the natural resources ARE running out, they will all go to war with each other and millions will be killed on the battlefields fighting over the last scraps of what's left.

In the end the people will reduce the population to the point of sustainabiltiy throught the old tried and true method of the survival of the fittest.

The elite's just need to hunker down and wait for the smoke to clear.

See, it will all work out fine all by itself.

Don't know why you were so worried...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
why dont the elite spread some of their collective wealth around the world, rather than enforce more taxes on their nations citizens, already suffering in the current economic climate. Instead they choose to hord their wealth and resources.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
What if the elite use there wealth and power to maintain control rather then help feed the world ?

That's what they already do.

What if the elite enslave 3rd world nations by taking control of there natural resources ?

Ditto

What if the elite maintain an oil based economy to line there pockets at the cost of devastating the environment ?

Ditto again

What if the elite took control long ago via manipulation deceit and coercion ?

Now you've hit the nail on the head.

I think the OP was offering the HYPOTHETICAL situation that the elite were actually looking out for the wellbeing of the planet and not enriching themselves at the expense of the rest of us.

Just go with it and have some fun...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Maybe the techonolgy already exists for a infinite powersource... maybe we could have flying cars rolling of the production lines tomarrow....

but what if the same technology used for the engine in the car could be turned into a bomb that can take out a whole city block with the flick of a switch. Or nano techonology that could be used to repair or kill a person... all dependant upon the individual programmer.

Maybe this has nothing to do with sustainability or polution... maybe it all depends on maturity and understanding as a foundation from which all good actions come. TECHNOLOGY IS AND SHOULD BE SUPPRESSED!!!!

would you give a loaded .45 to a 3 yearold?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Good point, it seems everything we create for the betterment of mankind just ends up being used to kill people. Orvill Wright thought the airplane would end all wars.

Originally posted by Wertdagf

would you give a loaded .45 to a 3 yearold?

It depends on how good his aim is.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
Lets just say they are right and the current population is unsustaiable.

Who are they to decide who lives and who dies?

I'm seriously starting to think there's something to the hype in bird flu & bio-weapons that's been all over the media the last several years. In this event, individuals wouldn't be discriminated. It would simply be getting rid of a certain percentage that they think would be enough to curb our effects on the environment.

Where do they get off taking active measures (mass murder) to eliminate portions of the population they have decided need to be culled?

It's been done since the dawn of civilization. Most recently WW1 & WW2. Not saying I agree, or that it isn't soulless. Just that it is.

If we are all that stupid and can't see the forest for the trees, why can't they just create bunkers or arks for themselves and stock up supplies to save their own kind when civilization falls apart? If they really are that elite, they definately have the recourced to do so.

Not just resources. The ecosphere & atmosphere. It seems once we reach certain tipping points, all h3ll breaks lose, and the natural stabilization double-checks fall apart. A bunker would do no good in this case. Anything could happen. The results would be unfathomable.

I find the idea very troubling that TPTB could seriously be taking active measures to whipe out vast protions of our civilization just to preserve themselves in the event of an emergency caused by the eventual depletion of natural recorces.

Noone has the right to play god with other people's lives.

Except god, of course.

I find it disturbing, too, except what I meant was not simply the elite surviving. I think we can all agree the elite would need/want their populace to continue doing work. I'm talking about as AJ or some of these scientists have truly said at times. 60-90% gone. Not simply the top 1-4%. Still a very disturbing thought. I fully agree.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So we are to assume that there is a alternative power source out there and that it is being held from us for our own good ?????? Then we make the reach that it would be like giving a gun to a child ?

Oh please ....

There is only one reason and one reason alone that we are still on oil and thats because it is to the benefit of those in control .

Let me ask you this , would you hand over global dominance to an elite group of people who's main concern is to achieve total control by taking control of a nations monetary system and natural resources , only to then be squandered and used to maintain control at the expense of the rest of us , that sounds like giving a nuke to Osama . I would much rather take my chances with the gun welding child .

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hey there, Excellent subject, I agree we are overpopulated and destroying the planet, however I think that we have come to this point out of a greed and control mentality by sociopaths. I don't think that we have ever needed pesticides herbicides or GM foods.

Chemtrails may be a way to offset global warming however because similar activities are happening on other nearby planets, believe global warming to be yet another control ploy.

Many are perhaps to emotional but likely so due to lack of knowledge of humans true nature more than anything else, which I believe stems from again a control agenda. Whether they could handle the truth or not who knows, and are fairly certain that the controllers don't want to find out the hard way that they can.

The elites that designed this system did so out of greed alone and have maintained it accordingly.

The window is closed there is no way to save everyone and the elites have never show any signs of caring about anyone but themselves of which they will have to pay for spiritually.

Most Humans are inherently Stupid, and easily distracted everyone has had the chance to decide for themselves whether to accept someone else's program or not. Due to a system designed by greed we have are and will see human atrocities the likes this planet has probably never known.

The government mandates are nonsense, and will do nothing except transfer more wealth to those that need it least.

Those in control know what's coming and are killing humans in perverse ways for their own enjoyment.

Societies will rebuild as they always have, after the coming Global catastrophe!

They are not interested in saving anyone but themselves and some to serve them.

Certainly you will receive passionate responses, look at it as a sociological study and it can even bring amusement, ponder the words carefully and you will see the intelligence behind them, some will astound!

"What if this is the only rational last resort?! "

It won't matter soon, the masters know it and it will get much worse soon! So at least we have that to look forward to.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by PaulKCA]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
All the problems of the world could be solved by 9:00 am tomorrow morning if those who hold the power wanted to do so . But that will never happen because it suits the needs of those in power to maintain the current status quo . They have worked for a very long time to get things to where they are now and they will not turn back just for poor stupid us .

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

This alone is an excellent counter argument. I watched a video on oil produced from bacteria, water and sunlight. This guy made it seem that the worlds oil "crisis" could be obsolete if the idea was implemented. So, why isn't this being done? We both know the answer to that one.

Plastics are made from oil. Both the byproducts which go into the air, and the the plastics themselves which end up in our food, water, and ecosphere are destroying this planet. What is the alternative? Is there enough natural metals to make all these products we use? I truly don't have a clue.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

All the problems of the world could be solved by 9:00 am tomorrow morning if those who hold the power wanted to do so .

Really? Do expand on this. Is this a hypothetical or do you really think this to be true, although exaggerated?

I think the problems have a great deal to do with everyone. At least, most everyone. Some people have great minds. Most don't. Most seem to be a bit selfish and dimwitted. Not willing to sacrifice short term, for the long term, big picture. If they can't see it right now, effecting them personally, it doesn't exist, or doesn't much matter.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Yes I am over stating thing but just imagine what would happen if there was a global shift in thinking to one of truly wanting to help the people of the world rather then the current mind set , to controls the world .

Just imagine ....

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Too Little! Too Late!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

It is far more complex than that. These people, the elite, why would they have the rights to kill others for a greater good? Why wouldn't they show the example, and die first? That is BECAUSE they know and have chief qualities. The elite, i assume it exists but im not sure at all, have a "global" view of the reality, they aint brainwashed like us, they got far more answers to questions than us. Why wouldn't they find another way to save the humanity? Maybe coz there aint another way than killing all these trash people that are, in fact, good for nothing? Ofc they will take our freedom after the depopulation, coz if they dont, all their work would have be for nothing. Why? Coz we, lambdas and dumb people, will react bad, and probably in a suicidal manner. I always say, one human with total freedom (that believe it) is dangerous, thousands or more are unmanageable. Normal humans such you need limits.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

It would be wondrous wouldn't it, Don't think I'll hold my breath for it.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I entirely agree. Thing is, that global shift would involve everyone. Not just elite. Not just some idealists typing on a keyboard. What do you think it would take to get people to make this mental leap?

I was talking to my brother today about this. He said only UFO's coming to Earth, warning us that we're killing the planet, telling us what actions to take, etc..

I said the other possibility was some sort of cataclysmic event. Something that would effect everyone, disrupt civilization to it's very core, and cause us all to work together each giving our strengths where necessary. From that a new civilization based on spiritual/moral values could come in place.

It's not just going to happen if the elite ceased to exist tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join