It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC changed thier data reporting again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
"U.S. Laboratory Confirmed Influenza-Associated Hospitalizations
and Deaths from August 30 to October 31, 2009
Posted November 6, 2009, 12:30 PM ET
Data reported to CDC by November 3, 2009, 12:00 AM ET Cases Defined by Hospitalizations Deaths
Influenza Laboratory-Tests** 17,838 672
*Reports can be based on syndromic, admission or discharge data, or a combination of data elements that could include laboratory-confirmed and influenza-like illness hospitalizations.

*Laboratory confirmation includes any positive influenza test (rapid influenza tests, RT-PCR, DFA, IFA, or culture), whether or not typing was done.

The table shows aggregate reports of all laboratory confirmed influenza hospitalizations and deaths (including 2009 H1N1 and seasonal flu) since August 30, 2009 received by CDC from U.S. states and territories**. This table will be updated weekly each Friday at 11 a.m. For the 2009-2010 influenza season, states are reporting based on new case definitions for hospitalizations and deaths effective August 30, 2009.

CDC will continue to use its traditional surveillance systems to track the progress of the 2009-2010 influenza season. For more information about influenza surveillance, including reporting of influenza-associated hospitalizations and deaths, see Questions and Answers: Monitoring Influenza Activity, Including 2009 H1N1.

The number of 2009 H1N1 hospitalizations and deaths reported to CDC from April – August 2009 is available on the Past Situation Updates page.

For state level information, refer to state health departments.

International Human Cases of 2009 H1N1 Flu Infection
See: World Health Organization.

**States report weekly to CDC either 1) laboratory-confirmed influenza hospitalizations and deaths or 2) pneumonia and influenza syndrome-based cases of hospitalization and death resulting from all types or subtypes of influenza. Although only the laboratory confirmed cases are included in this report, CDC continues to analyze data both from laboratory confirmed and syndromic hospitalizations and deaths. "
www.cdc.gov...

Why in the world did they take away part of the data? Has this whole thing been blown out of proportion or are they hiding something from us? I am calling the CDC later to explain. The last I knew the USA has 2,916 deaths now only 672? This seems very odd to me. I am so glad this flu situation isn't as serious as the plague or something how would we ever survive if it were?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If you look here this web site has changed as well. It was 2,916 but then it changed to 2,416. I am talking to the CDC right now. He said that was all flus combined and that it is no longer a cumlative total? If you read this

"this table is based on data reported to CDC by U.S. states and territories from a new influenza and pneumonia hospitalizations and deaths web-based reporting system. This system will be used to monitor trends in activity for the 2009-10 influenza season. This is a cumulative count beginning August 30, 2009. The table shows aggregate reports of all influenza and pneumonia-associated hospitalizations and deaths (including 2009 H1N1 and seasonal flu) since August 30, 2009 received by CDC from U.S. states and territories. This table will be updated weekly each Friday at 11 a.m. For the 2009-2010 influenza season, states are reporting based on new case definitions for hospitalizations and deaths effective August 30, 2009."

www.cdc.gov...
If you look at this you will notice it is different. I check up on this weekly. It used be a cumaltive total since April 2009. The past updates are different from what I saw them orginally as. The CDC has edited their web site. I am so confused and still trying to get an explaination. This really seems like an attempt to confuse and mislead the public here in the USA!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
By the way I have been on hold for over 10 minutes now. It took my representative over 10 minutes to find the same info I was calling in about! I really would appericaite clear cut data.
This is more evidence this blown out of proportion and that there is no need for the swine flu vaccine!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Keep at it.

I'd be interested in what you learn.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Yes, and ask why Ukrain, France and Hungary have canned the Baxter and Glaxo vaccines and want to use thier own produced Jabs instead ?

Just heard from my wife, she works at a doctors office...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I noticed on the cdc website they said they changed the formula in august.

Looking forward to hearing your updates.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
flutracker.rhizalabs.com...
So know I wonder if this site is the accurate or inaccurate one? I know there had been some inaccuracies before but at least they admitted,tried to fix it and not just blown me off.
It says 3623 people have died of it. This sounds right to me? That would means 707 people died in a week! This may be getting worse?
My concern is that it is getting worse yet we are not being told. I know they can't say how mamy people have it.
I am waiting for a supervisor right now; the rep came back without any answers and sounding very confused. It takes him 20 minutes to find nothing?
It just seems like they don't want me to know the real info.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ok I spoke with a supervisor and this is what he said paraphrased; keep in mind this conversation was 30 minutes long.

Unfounately since the page has changed he can't go back. They said they are contract agency so they have the web site and they go off that.
Labtory confirmed for flu are being shown on the web site only. There are only 672 lab confirmed deaths for any type of flu.
He told me the media just took the old numbers from the past data but that included pnuemonia and flu.
This really just looks like a ploy to get us to take the H1n1 vaccine. There may be minimal $20 fee for adminstrative fees to get the vaccine.
Statisticans do the web sites but they are doing it more for DRS and providers. The general public is not kept in mind when updating the web site.
He told me I need to trust the CDC reccomendations and get the H1N1 flu. He admitted that he can see where I thought this site was misleading and how it can be confusing. He siad we are not trying to hide anything just trying to give a clearer picture. The whole conversation was a little confusing because I could tell he was not sure.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It really makes me angry that instead of making the info more straight forward they throw all this info at you. They change formulas, reporting and never show the H1n1 by itself!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The question I have is for the administrative leadership of the CDC.

You know the highly paid influential former Pharmaceutical industry and Insurance Industry moguls who rotate in and out of government service by virtue of political appointment...?

The question is:

What part of the scientific method is changing your data collection metrics in the middle of an "on-going" "pandemic".

First you change the meaning of the word pandemic (or at least you don't question the WHO's overarching recharacterization of what a 'pandemic' is)

Next you acquiesce to the WHO's verbiage intimating that 'emergency' practices must be put in place ASAP despite the lack of data regarding this particular type A influenza - which was only to be found in the dead tissues of an Inuit victim removed from her grave in the ice after the 1918 outbreak. You raised no questions.

Then you eliminate all roadblocks to the passage of testing and treatment options - roadblocks that existed with the singular purpose of protecting people from sloppy science and commercial exploitation.

Then you remove ALL liability for government and commercial actors in the establishment.

Then you begin a shameless PR campaign to both aggrandize the flu's impact and vilify dissent or questioners of the practice.

So what's up with that?

Now you change the metrics and measurement system and tweak reporting to further confuse analisys of what is happening.

Interesting way to follow the mandate of your offices, don't you think?

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
the language they use is hillarious ...

"*Laboratory confirmation includes any positive influenza test (rapid influenza tests, RT-PCR, DFA, IFA, or culture), whether or not typing was done."

Underline for emphasis

"Reports can be based on syndromic, admission or discharge data, or a combination of data elements that could include laboratory-confirmed and influenza-like illness hospitalizations."

Underline for emphasis

"**States report weekly to CDC either 1) laboratory-confirmed influenza hospitalizations and deaths or 2) pneumonia and influenza syndrome-based cases of hospitalization and death resulting from all types or subtypes of influenza. Although only the laboratory confirmed cases are included in this report, CDC continues to analyze data both from laboratory confirmed and syndromic hospitalizations and deaths."

note that this double asterisk refers to Influenza Laboratory-Tests.

Though their pediatric mortality rate seems to be divided between h1n1 and other subtypes

So they make sure parents are scared out of their mind about h1n1 and on top of that Scare people with numbers that are not necessarily related to h1n1

top topics

join