It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: U.S. Aware of Hasan Efforts to Contact Al-Qaeda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Officials: U.S. Aware of Hasan Efforts to Contact al Qaeda

abcnews.go.com

U.S. intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Army Major Nidal Hasan was attempting to make contact with people associated with al Qaeda, two American officials briefed on classified material in the case told ABC News.

It is not known whether the intelligence agencies informed the Army that one of its officers was seeking to connect with suspected al Qaeda figures, the officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-11-2009 by johnny2127]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I know many people here refuse to even consider the chance that this murderer was connected to terrorism in any way. I know these same people will say this is from mainstream media so its not real. Well people, you need to consider all the evidence. This man was definitely deranged, and was an extreme Muslim. If this is true that he was trying to contact Al Qaeda and there is evidence of this, I hope people will admit it.

Just sad how some people her are soooo paranoid that they see a conspiracy in everything. Calling this man a Muslim extremist is factual, thats not debatable. If it turns out he really was in contact with terrorists, then this could be the tip of a much larger iceberg.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

I know many people here refuse to even consider the chance that this murderer was connected to terrorism in any way.

Apologists, appeasers, and people who just want to stick their heads in the sand (ostrich principle) and hope it all goes away and leaves them alone will think and say there is no connection. They'll also be the first ones to whine about where was the government if something did happen to them.

That said, could the intelligence services be any more stupid and complicit in this tragedy by not sharing information they had with other agencies.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
They said this morning on GMA they have verified the shooter was making contact with an group that had Al-Queda ties, some guy named Anwar who has an anti-American website, he is an Imam, and lives here in the USA!

We know this isn't the only muslim on American soil who has terrorism in mind; just hope this doesn't spawn too many copycats.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Exactly. I am so tired of hearing people somehow rationalize and defend this man. They choose to blame those that may or may not have picked on him. They choose to blame the military. They blame anyone other than Hasan or terrorists or extreme Islam. They attack the US govt, military, US media, US intelligence, and then give a murderer the benefit of the doubt.

Neville Chamberlain would be proud of these people.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

So the Army was aware that this guy was going off the deep end and did nothing about it? They even promoted him to Major!!

I would say they have blood on their hands. I guess they did nothing because they did not want to offend the Muslims. Political correctness gone wrong...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

I believe the article is saying the CIA knew he was trying to make contact with Al-Qaeda, not the Army. If that is true and they did not tell the Army, I am mystified. Maybe they were tracking him and trying to uncover terrorist cells in the US. Even if they had operations going on and were monitoring him, it seems like they should have flagged his gun purchases.

Either way, they seem to have mismanaged this situation. It ultimately is Hasan's fault this happened, but whoever decided to keep the Army in the dark about this needs to be fired.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
is that the same Al-Qaeda which most of this forum believes does not exist ?

and the plot thickens.... even more!!

i thought they would stop at the 9/11 link ... the strange bit is, theirs all these 9/11 / Al-Qaeda links, but the storys hardly made it out of the usa ... (i wouldnt even know if i never went on ats) ...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
reply to post by Erasurehead

I believe the article is saying the CIA knew he was trying to make contact with Al-Qaeda, not the Army. If that is true and they did not tell the Army, I am mystified. Maybe they were tracking him and trying to uncover terrorist cells in the US. Even if they had operations going on and were monitoring him, it seems like they should have flagged his gun purchases.

Either way, they seem to have mismanaged this situation. It ultimately is Hasan's fault this happened, but whoever decided to keep the Army in the dark about this needs to be fired.

You are right the article states:

U.S. intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Army Major Nidal Hasan was attempting to make contact with people associated with al Qaeda.

Totally incompetent if they did not inform the Army about this guy. Unbelievable. Somebody needs to be fired over this.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I just read that this guy is actually still alive. That the initial reports he was killed were incorrect, and he is on a ventilator in stable condition at a nearby hospitable. Should get interesting if he survives and was in contact with other terrorists.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Please contribute to the ongoing discussion Here

Closing

new topics

top topics

join