It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS on Wall Street Journal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I thought this was pretty cool, that ATS made it on WSJ with an actual link.

Look out MSM here we come.

"You sir are a saviour," wrote one on the Web site abovetopsecret.com. "Me and my 13 month old daughter have been sick for a week.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Awesomeness! A plug for ATS!

But in a bad light I'm afraid, because in the lower paragraphs, they continue to tell readers that the only help is from vaccinations. Not herbal or other remedies.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I'll have to try that ATS suggestion. Afterward, you can throw it in some soup.
Well done!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Sure, they're pockets arent getting lined. (CDC that is)

From WSJ:
"There is no scientific evidence that any herbal, homeopathic or other folk remedies have any benefit against influenza," the CDC says.

Still nice to see an live link, i'm sure ATS will get plenty of hits from that.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
They're testing the waters.

Soon they will make an offer to buy out ATS and we'll all be doomed!!!!

Mwahahahahah.....

-------------------------------------------------

On a serious note, I would have hoped they would have mentioned our rather savvy membership in terms of Wallstreet herself; but then, maybe that's not the kind of attention they want....

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Haha - That is just great.

This is the part about ATS - And the old `Boiled Onion on a Table` cure:

"You sir are a saviour," wrote one on the Web site abovetopsecret.com. "Me and my 13 month old daughter have been sick for a week. Boiled some onions and left them on the coffee table for an hour, she is now walking around and I feel so much better. Thanks."

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Wow...ATS is going big time eh? The site owners may have to actually go out and buy a few business suits.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So the WSJ has found us!!!!!!!! It's cool to see the mention, it sucks that it was in not such a good light. Interesting that of all the topics discussed here it's the onions that make the paper, all the posts of onions and swine flu I can recall were linked to other sources, so...... why give the assumption that ats is some sort of home remedy site? I fear more/new trolls
. Too bad it couldn't have mentioned 9/11, disclosure, JFK, something anything, oh well.

LOL, the garlic thing cracked me up bc my grandmother just was talking about how if you have a worm that you wear garlic around your neck and the smell makes the worm come out of your behind instead of your mouth
take that vampires and werewolves

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
So the WSJ has found us!!!!!!!!

Maybe the Author, Melinda Beck is a member or lurker.

If your in here Melinda, thanks for the link and we understand TPTB wouldn't let you spin this in our favor.

You go girl!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
They're testing the waters.

Soon they will make an offer to buy out ATS and we'll all be doomed!!!!

Mwahahahahah.....

-------------------------------------------------

On a serious note, I would have hoped they would have mentioned our rather savvy membership in terms of Wallstreet herself; but then, maybe that's not the kind of attention they want....

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Maxmars]

honestly i wouldnt be surprised if ats has already been brought out

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well hopefully some readers may check out the site and question the whole NWO thing. ATS might even wake some people up. Chances are probably slim.
I hope anyone with the flu tries the onion method, if it does what it claims then i guess its 1 - 0 to ATS!

CX

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well firstly i think it's cool that ATS got a mention, even if it seems like it is in bad light, it will bring people here and then they can make their own mind up about the stories the MSM won't report on.

As for the article being discussed, the first thing that jumped out at me is this quote....

With concerns over the H1N1 flu rising and supplies of vaccine running scarce, it's no surprise that alternative remedies are circulating on the Web.

Concerns over supplies of the vaccine running scarce? How can they be scarce if there are big pharma companies ready to pocket billions from this by making as much as the world wants? Why on earth would the vaccine be running scarce?

Ah wait a sec

"I think what would work better would be to say that there is a shortage and people would tend to line up more for something that's in demand." (and then laughing).

www.liveleak.com...

Recording of CFR discussing how to get people to take the H1N1 vaccine - Artificial Scarcity document

Looks like the CFR have a few helpers with their plan.

At the end of the day, they can say what they want about the recommendations in the onion thread, it worked for me so thats that.

I never once said it should replace medication, nor did the OP of that thread. It cured a week of illness that made me bad enough to be on the verge of calling the docs. If thats a bad thing, then so be it.

As for the onion remedy being unproven as the WSJ states, is my case not proof that it works to some degree? I'm not sure if i had swine flu, but i'll tell you this much, i have had every symptom they describe, so if i had gone to the hospital they'd have given me something that is also not proven.

I'd be very interested to compare the statistics on how many people have died or had serious side effects from vaccinations past and present, compared with how many people have died from inhaling onion fumes.

Yes ok hardly a great comparison i admit, and i'm certainly not belittling Swine Flu, i'd just rather go for prevention by natural remedies rather than taking a cocktail of crap that is raising concerns even among experts in the industry.

Thanks for the heads up on the article though.

CX.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
The site owners may have to actually go out and buy a few business suits.

For some odd reason, after seeing this Article, Springer went out and bought himself a break away suit and a superman outfit to wear underneath

Seriously, this is too cool for ATS and for Randyvs who wrote the thread.

ATS is a big website and is often looked upon when conspiracies do enter in the the MSM, such as the swine flu vaccine... This is a great example of ATS being the number 1 conspiracy site out there!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

Like someone said in one of the earlier blogs....

We (ATS) are the news!

[edit on 3-11-2009 by freighttrain]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Now that the wall street journal subscribers are clicking ats links, get ready for a huge influx on threads about how everyday people contributing to 401k's are actually the cause for the current financial blunders occurring.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
"Wow just wow" That's a Beefcake quote.:lol The world is a funny place.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well it may not show the site in the best light....but it is pretty cool, After all..Any publicity is good publicity right?! Even if it is just a handful of people who don't think we are all bad.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Springer can do it, ref. above link.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Of course they are going to say that. There is no money in a folk remedy.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
#,

onions?

is this good for our reputation?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join