It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I guess this is a question thread.

Nothing more then that really...

Has anyone here, had a dream that answered a question in their lives?

Such as had a dream 'really' without interpretation answered a question, you had?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Not yet.
What about you?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
What do you mean by "interpretation"? You had a question and some element stated basically, "And the answer is..."

I've had them not be vague, one rather recently in fact. There were words on an LCD display on a kiosk in a shopping mall that were about what I was wondering.

It would be against T & C about 1000000x if I were to repeat it.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
What do you mean by "interpretation"? You had a question and some element stated basically, "And the answer is..."

I've had them not be vague, one rather recently in fact. There were words on an LCD display on a kiosk in a shopping mall that were about what I was wondering.

It would be against T & C about 1000000x if I were to repeat it.

We've (if I could use it in this sense) dreamed about that girl, and ended up satisfying that fantasy, but i'm not talking about that.

By interpretation, that it would be something unbias, that it was a truth, not a truth that was look forward to, meaning, unlike the self fullfilling prophecy of girls, I stated above.

For a few of my dreams, recently, I've had of the LHC, which I've only slightly thought about, not to any degree over 1 degree of in my life, which means to average of about a a street light I pass once a week in a city.

And I have dreams recently that the LHC will cause a domestic disturbance, and cause the gravity to gradually increase, and increase. I know this will never happen though.

But I heard of cases, where people study things for a long periods of time, then dream upon them, and through the dream (A period unbound by rational thought) and come up with an answer.

At that's what gets me at this, if anyone ever had a question to something, and found a dream to appropriately answer it.

Has anyone really questioned something, and had a dream supply an answer to it?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Every dream I have had can be traced to an issue I was either consciously or subconsciously struggling with. It should also be noted that ever since I began studying my normal dreams for signs to do with waking life, I have never had a nightmare. I have a theory that nightmares are the brains way of waking you up to a problem that you weren't noting in your normal dreams.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Every dream I have had can be traced to an issue I was either consciously or subconsciously struggling with. It should also be noted that ever since I began studying my normal dreams for signs to do with waking life, I have never had a nightmare. I have a theory that nightmares are the brains way of waking you up to a problem that you weren't noting in your normal dreams.

I like to think dreams as are, naturally occuring thoughts, without the logic in them, since your frontal lobes, during REM or Sleep time, or shut down.

So the Bent ticking clocks could describe perfectly a dream.

I may be subjective to believe a dream may, arouse you to a subject that you wouldn't of noticed before, since maybe a certain brain aspect was above or encompassing another!

But has a dream, solved a problem, such as a mathematical or Scientific Problem?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I am not entirely sure, but I think the symbol for DNA was dreamed.

I agree with you that dreams show you what you couldn't see while awake. While asleep you have no ego to repress the meaning of what you see.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
I am not entirely sure, but I think the symbol for DNA was dreamed.

I agree with you that dreams show you what you couldn't see while awake. While asleep you have no ego to repress the meaning of what you see.

I'm fairly sure DNA was envisioned by a man on '___'.

www.mayanmajix.com...

Yeah

Well the Logical (frontal lobe) could disrupt you in many ways, by presenting a bias, and without it, in a un checked manner, it could possibly, be able to show unlimited possibilities.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Without logic there are infinite possibilities to anything and everything. It is not until you awake and meditate (for lack of better word) on what you saw that logic tells you the meaning.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
We've (if I could use it in this sense) dreamed about that girl, and ended up satisfying that fantasy, but i'm not talking about that.

Heh. This had nothing to do with that. The language was simply atrocious and vulgar though. I wanted a readout of my own unconscious programming and then dreamt it being displayed on the kiosk (in a tiny little LCD).

The girl dream thing did happen and happened in an unexpected way. That was almost a decade ago. It actually went down a day or two later.

She went after me and was staying somewhere I had not planned on visiting again. I hadn't been there in six months. I got up and hauled my but over there for no particular reason other than a strange urge in time to be introduced before she went out with her friend (my friend lived in the lower flat).

Given some rare physical attributes, ethnicity and the sense of "soul mate-ness" in the dream, it all seems like far too much coincidence. We're still together.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
um...well from a dream i learned the most freaky way to watch a loved one die (something involving a clown and bricks?????) and that i actually considered that person a loved one. so two for the price of one!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Well good for you, you stuck with the girl in that dream, I'm still getting tomorrows newspapers, so to speak, and am a little bit happier with each paper, and nearly pray the delivery man, doesn't stop delivering them!

Still Unsure what you mean according to the LCD.

@Nventual.

I believe that we have a finite infinite possibilities, if that makes sense, that not, 'everything' can happen, just within a specified, realm.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

But has a dream, solved a problem, such as a mathematical or Scientific Problem?

The invention of the sewing machine:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I've had dreams in which I was allowed to speak to an entity and ask him anything I want, in a completely pitch black room. I don't remember the dreams very well, but I remember being "told" things, and not really learning anything new, because I learned that ultimately it didn't really matter to me, and coming to the same conclusion that I will know what I need to know, when I need to know it. Nothing was being hidden from me. But there was also issues of comprehension, it seemed, which I kind of believe is why the dreams aren't as easy to remember, or the wording. I remember I had a hard time at first thinking of what I should ask. The message itself I clearly remembered, though.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

If that's true, that's fantastic!

That's amazing, I believe that the subconscious mind, plays a big role in the conscious mind, in ways which we can't understand, (yes even under freudonian ways lol).

Don't have time to research that just yet.

But I remember in a sewing class, (slack off in school lol) I sewed threw my pinky finger, still got a scar.... ****ers!!!

That was interesting, will star!!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by elocin
I've had dreams in which I was allowed to speak to an entity and ask him anything I want, in a completely pitch black room. I don't remember the dreams very well, but I remember being "told" things, and not really learning anything new, because I learned that ultimately it didn't really matter to me, and coming to the same conclusion that I will know what I need to know, when I need to know it. Nothing was being hidden from me. But there was also issues of comprehension, it seemed, which I kind of believe is why the dreams aren't as easy to remember, or the wording. I remember I had a hard time at first thinking of what I should ask. The message itself I clearly remembered, though.

I can clearly, and remarkably amazingly explain to you why, you can't remember the dreams, but the message in the dreams, is what intrigues me?

Do you care to elaborate on them?

Certain messages, or characteristics of people in them?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I stuck with the girl in real life that I precognized. You make it sound a little like I stayed in a committed imaginary relationship.

On the LCD dream:
It displayed unconscious thought material, suggestions from others I was heeding without being quite consciously aware of it.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
reply to post by Republican08

I stuck with the girl in real life that I precognized. You make it sound a little like I stayed in a committed imaginary relationship.

On the LCD dream:
It displayed unconscious thought material, suggestions from others I was heeding without being quite consciously aware of it.

For the first part, I'm just saying, a girl you seem to imagined in a dream, then later, (screwed in real life), and thusly disappeared from your dreams.

And LCD, I was meaning probably quite what you meant.

What did it read, what did it say, enough to 'impact' your life?

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I always have very clear and frequent dreams. Usually they help me to realise problems in my life and areas i need to improve in.

I've even had a dream within a dream, which was very strange. In my dream I was was dreaming and woke up, then woke up for real. That felt very weird!

The strange thing is that i have recurring zombie dreams. Usually at least once every couple of months. They're never nightmares, but feel like they should be, and they are intense. Running, fighting, surviving, constantly on the move, having to watch friends and family turn. Man, my cat even appeared as a zombie in one of my dreams just 2 weeks after he died
I can remember consciously thinking 'How low can this go!' before having to take him out.

With these zombie dreams I can wake up, then fall back asleep and go back into the same dream 3 or 4 times in a night. When i go back into the dream i consciously think 'Not again!'. These are the only dreams I have that this happens with.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Nammu]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

And LCD, I was meaning probably quite what you meant.

What did it read, what did it say, enough to 'impact' your life?

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Republican08]

Lot's and lots of derisive foul language about being a worthless pile of excrement and other not so nice things (the essence of the suggestions). It is impacting my life. Some that are at least partially responsible for it are now confessing their defeat in interesting ways. Their opinions now mean jack to me. So, some freedom is gained and a weight is lifted off my psyche.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join