It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space weapons inevitable, says Beijing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Space weapons inevitable, says Beijing

news.ninemsn.com.au

A top China air force commander has called the militarisation of space an "historical inevitability", state media says.

The comments on Monday mark an apparent shift in Beijing's opposition to weaponising outer space.

In a wide-ranging interview in the People's Liberation Army (PLA) Daily, air force commander Xu Qiliang said it was imperative for the PLA air force to develop offensive and defensive operations in outer space.

"As far as the revolution in military affairs is concerned, the competition between military forces is moving towards outer space... this is a historical ine
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Well at least one country is accepting and not denying that space weaponry is inevitable. I wonder if there is another agenda behind the Chinese proposal to build arms in space. Maybe its for protection against other countries or maybe its something else?

One things that is for sure is its probably going to upset a whole lot of you Americans

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
China was against space weapons until they had the money and capability to produce them. That's the way I see it if there really has been a shift in their policy.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Jacob08]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jacob08
China was against space weapons until they had the money and capability to produce them. That's the way I see it if there really has been a shift in their policy.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Jacob08]

I think it has something to do with their claims about their weather satellite being "shot down" by the US. I guess they assume they need protection for their own equipment.

At least they admit that they will have something in the near future though. IMO that counts for something

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
As long as noone gets hurt (you could argue that that's unlikely though
), would a new space race of this kind be constructive in any way? As we know wars are great contributors and instigators of new technology. Maybe governments will actually be bothered about finding new energy sources, propulsion systems etc then...

[edit on 2-11-2009 by AR154]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AR154

Thats a good point you make. It would be interesting to see if the USA comes up with something in reply to this. But its apparent that more and more countries are becoming interested in space exploration these days, hopefully we might follow one day

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Laser weapons?: It is a chilling experience to read about his predictions in 1920 of this coming Third and Final War at the beginning of the 21st century when the armies of the world will use what he called “terrible electrical rays that sow death and destruction from above and below, and soak the earth in blood”.

heavenawaits.wordpress.com...

Im not one for predictions and stuff but this seems to fit the profile??

Anyways, how do we know they don't already exist... i mean we don't really know what is up there. All those weird object and UFO's could be weapons?!?

edit: forgot to add link

[edit on 2-11-2009 by halfmanhalfamazing]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

Is that a religious prophecy?

Nobody said anything about laser weapons just yet

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

Is that a religious prophecy?

Nobody said anything about laser weapons just yet

Yes it is religious... I'm more focussed on the "...sowed from above." part.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

A top China air force commander has called the militarisation of space an "historical inevitability", state media says.

I think the only historical part of this statement is that top brass are openly admitting their intentions regarding their ambitions to place weapons of mass destruction above our heads. I find this idea that the weaponization of space as some sort of inevitability to be a disgrace because the more enlightened of humanity knows that you do not need to militarise anything unless you see the future through fearful and distrusting eyes. It says a lot to me that these war loving members of our species are more than willing to let vast swathes of their people live in abject poverty but shrug and look up into the sky and imagine a future where their weapons are pointed down at us all. They are afraid and because they are afraid they deem it OK to make us all a party to their fear.

The comments on Monday mark an apparent shift in Beijing's opposition to weaponising outer space.

The only thing apparent about this shift is that they are admitting what they had probably been planning for decades but only now are able to realise their ambitions because they now have the funds. One other thing they now have is leverage in that the financial crisis has given them wings in the context that no country is going to seriously object other than to raise squeaky, impotent voices at the next G8, G20 and in the UN. Anyone who could have made serious objections has been cut off at the knees and by the time we are over this period of pain the Chinese will have moved on and so will everyone else because the media is as fickle as a goldfish.

In a wide-ranging interview in the People's Liberation Army (PLA) Daily, air force commander Xu Qiliang said it was imperative for the PLA air force to develop offensive and defensive operations in outer space.

Boys and their toys, I grimace at an imperative that decides the utterly selfish needs of a military and national defence based on paranoia and distrust of neighbour’s means millions go without and remain crammed into tightly packed living spaces. One of my eye brows is twitching in disgust and this news could not come at a worse time for those of us who find the concept of eternal warfare to be an abomination to hopes of global spiritual evolvement.

"As far as the revolution in military affairs is concerned, the competition between military forces is moving towards outer space..

This is extremely telling and seems to indicate that the odds were always stacked against peace loving people who simply wish to see a world devoid of war and paranoia, a world we could be proud of living in and passing onto our children. Grimly and with a very heavy heart I must admit to myself and my children at some stage that we are all on the fail-train and it has just stepped up a gear because technocratic war mongers have had the audacity to actually admit their plans and to spin these plans in the positive to those who would hang on their every word under the banner of patriotic pride. The sun is shining outside my window but this news is a depressing precedent I find as cold as winter and it will chill me to the bone the next time I look at one of my daughters.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Just because some airforce commander (supposedly) states his mind on the subject, doesn't mean the Chinese government is actually planning a star wars program.

I seriously question the validity of this claim. It is not common for the Chinese to have high ranking officials run their mouths and put out their future plans to the global public. As far as I'm concerned they are not the global aggressor which some fearmongerers would like us to believe. IF they were to seriously plan this star wars program we wouldn't be aware of it until it was already fully operational (let's all hope this is not the case...)

On the other hand, they wouldn't be the first. It would not surprise me if both the US and the Russians already have their programs up and running without us knowing. In which case the Chinese are merely keeping up with them in an attempt to protect themselves.

Whatever the case might be, it's disturbing to say the least. We should focus more on peaceful measures than this kind of thing. It's a waste of time and effort to spend resources on measures that could potentially destroy life on Earth when put to use.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
isn'y spacebased weapons banned by some treaty like salt 2 or something. i kinda thought thats what kept us from beploying xray laser and brilliant pebbles weapon satalites

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
isn'y spacebased weapons banned by some treaty like salt 2 or something. i kinda thought thats what kept us from beploying xray laser and brilliant pebbles weapon satalites

Yep, but so was Hitler/Germany from re-militarisation, then WWII happened. I think the point the Chinese were making is that it is, as they said, inevitable, regardless of what the staus quo is right now.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
If I haven't said it here before, I'll say it now. I used to work with a former government employee. This guy, whom will remain nameless, said the US has had space based weapons since the 60's. The man, claimed he worked on the computer systems. Take it for what it's worth because I have no proof.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If I recall correctly Laser weapons are banned...

So is smoking and fighting in public school, but it happens anyway.

imagine HARRP+ technology from space?

I saw a blurb in the Albuquerque Journal 4 years ago, NASA had a little grant for
manned space stations by 2020...

Talk to people in Seattle of the four corners SW about the military planes people have seen. Decades beyond what any would imagine.

Game on the time is now.

As to peace until this burns itself out with it's inherent end, how can there be any?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by saturnsrings
If I haven't said it here before, I'll say it now. I used to work with a former government employee. This guy, whom will remain nameless, said the US has had space based weapons since the 60's. The man, claimed he worked on the computer systems. Take it for what it's worth because I have no proof.

I heard a similar story bout a Los Alamos physicist who said he flew gov from Florida to NY in 10 minutes in the 60's...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The next time there is a large scale military confrontation between any major world powers, its going to be interesting to say the least. Who ever has the ability to take down satellites at will is going to have a big upper hand on their opponent.

Society as a whole is very dependent on sattelites. Militarily, the dependence is probably ten-fold.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokoman
On the other hand, they wouldn't be the first. It would not surprise me if both the US and the Russians already have their programs up and running without us knowing. In which case the Chinese are merely keeping up with them in an attempt to protect themselves.

If the claim is genuine, that is the reason why I believe the Chinese would put some weapons up there. Like I said before, the weather satellite fiasco was allegedly shot down by the yanks....well according to the Chinese it was

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Reply to post by OzWeatherman

Good. Hopefully this will instigate a Space Race between the USA and China. NASA needs to get off it's butt.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm sure there's all kinds of military and social economic reasons for wanting to militarize space. Has anyone given serious thought or credence to the recent film by the scientists of a U.F.O that made all the media attention?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join