It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Venus be the next Earth?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Hello all, I have a theory I have been working on and I am not even sure if this is an original theory or not. Hopefully the good people here at ATS can help me out.

Millions of years ago Earth was where Venus is now, and Mars was where Earth is now... Making Mars the planet that was in the Goldilocks zone. Eventually Earth will move out of this zone and Venus will move into it.

My point? Well, shouldn't we be looking into finding a way to get to Venus and put more efforts into exploring Venus and finding ways to make this planet more habitable? Or will it become more habitable once it reaches the Goldilocks zone?

Ok, I am going to stop with this and I am asking for everyones opionions on this so far. And please if this has already been researched on here or anywhere else can you please post the links here, thanks
Also, if this is total nonsense then please explain to me why?

Stari

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I've actually had thoughts just like this. As if Solar Systems are a kind of VERY long term factory line of planets whose cores are ejected from stars. Neat to read it here, thanks OP!

P.S.- I've also thought about size and scale as infinate and the universe as a cell(ala Men In Black) and have thoughts that the rather common 3-in-1 God Concept is the knowledge of Neutrons, Protons and Electrons. You may be brilliant or just imaginative. Enjoy either way.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Crane4]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
if you could put orbital sunscreens between the sun and Venus you could cool Venus down to the point that it would be habitable.
www.rfreitas.com...

a solar sail type sunscreen at The L1 point of the Venus-Sun system would be in a stable orbit and shade the planet.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Well - according to mainstream theory the planets have basically been in the same places since they formed. Except for a few minor adjustments due to some wandering bodies - the theory regarding a planet called Vulcan for example, which was theorized to have wandered around then fell into the sun.

Personally, however I don't subscribe to mainstream theory.

There is an alternative theory that I like, that says the planets sit on 'nodes' of oscillation in the vacuum. The nodes are caused by a waveform that ripples out from the sun causing low 'density' in the vacuum.

The vacuum itself, according to this theory, is not empty - but rather is an extremely dense, pressurized fluid. Inside every planet then is an area of very low density, being a black hole.

So these won't really move much over time, and are locked into their particular orbits by the movement and ripples in the vacuum.

Also according to this theory, the black holes inside the planets keep creating matter, which powers the internal mechanics of those worlds - causing them to slowly expand over time, causing volcanoes and earthquakes - creating water, rock, oil and gas.

FOr a quick into, have a look at a youtube series called .. hmm .. the growing earth theory - or expanding earth theory. That video set covers the practical details and explanations behind why the theory predicts an earth that is increasing in size.

As for the fluid vacuum theory - hmm - have a look around, I can't remember any specific sites - but it is detailed and expressed by more than one theoretical physicist. But it not mainstream
Because it conflicts with Einsteins theory of relativity.

However there was a famous set of experiments doen to detect 'ether drag' by a guy called Dayton Miller - who DID detect ether drag, but at much lower velocities than was expected - his results were swept under the carpet by the Einstein personality cult following. In my view this was a disaster for science - and I feel it was done by the NWO in power at that time.

That is also why Einstein has become such a personality cult - they are trying to ensure that anyone who challenges relativity - and certainly anyone who might assert that the vacuum is a fluid, and not empty are seen as scientific pariah.

Anyways - happy thinking

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

I personally think it might have been other way around.

Venus was first, assuming the sun was bit cooler back then, but when it got more hot, earth became habitable. And so on. There's no really any basis for my thoughts, it is merely a thought-play I sometimes played. But it's not important.

-v

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
It will be if the story I wrote several years ago comes true. Of course my story was based on a hotter sun and a smaller population where as the sun grew cooler and the population increased, we gradually began to move into the solar system and larger planets until something happen to decrease the population to fit Mars.

And since I decided long ago that I am the Universe and you all are a part of my imagination, it's going to be whatever I decide it is...

But being serious now. I've often wondered if we weren't from Mars and the Ark story wasn't just a cover for ships moving the population centers from Mars to Earth.

Okay, yes, I have a lot of free time and an overactive imagination.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Interesting the way your minds are so creative. Creative thinking could help the creation we live with, so keep those minds creative!

Scenario: What do you think (what would happen, cause/effect) if in the future, either by technological or natural causes, that we added 1 planet to our orbital path to balance the spheres equally on each side? If we could help develop them (as the worlds have helped developed us) to be proportional sizes with proportional magnetospheres; With this "zone" being natural for certain growth patterns, it could also help with the global warming with a balancing of heating by harmonizing between the two orbiting orbs rotating around the solar sphere. With our comprehension of spaceflight, we could travel from one planet to the other planet if something happened to one of the planets. This would be balanced, it could be a super-ecosphere where global warming/cooling is balanced/perfected;
The planets would have to respect each other with pollution because they are in the same orbital path, having a harmonic use of resources with efficiency. It is like the ying-yang that spiritualists have been communicating of for ages.

--Note--After more research, I found that balanced orbital planets is called in astronomy terms, "Kemplerer Rosettes"
Here is a link to research the Kemplerer Rosettes: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2-11-2009 by problemsolvr]

[edit on 2-11-2009 by problemsolvr]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Interesting concept.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Short answer? no.

By the time we are ready as a whole to colonize another planet, we will have destroyed our selfs with petty squabbles.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
Short answer? no.

By the time we are ready as a whole to colonize another planet, we will have destroyed our selfs with petty squabbles.

I don't know about that. Have a little optimism.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
There is a lot to be said about a little optimism. Especially those of us here, who stare the harsh truths in the face, whatever they are, a little optimism is a treasure and the right fuel for our paths.

The wrong kind of fuel can drive us into wild directions we have no head to manage. We have the power to direct this in at least the best of our times, we should use each of these special moments well. If we move to confront extreme imbalance with our own imbalances, we are in effect running toward the other end of a see saw that we are here to (presumably) stabilize.

We had no right making peace and love into cliches. And then to accept such a demotion? Oy. The only possible base from which the solutions we need can come out of needs not another joke or cruelty hurled at it. Give this concept time and consideration and it will grow to reward you and all of us, I promise you this.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Interesting theory. I think in the event of Earth-Venus changing places the result would most likely cause them to collide with each other. As you can imagine the gravity pull of Earth and Venus as they get closer would make the collision scenario an almost certainty.
As a matter of fact scientists have run simulations to calculate orbits of planets in our solar system to see how it will evolve, and apparently in a few billion years Earth and Mars may collide. www.news.com.au...

It's possible that Venus may be in the so called goldilocks zone already. The big problem with Venus is the run away greenhouse which keeps the temp higher then even on Mercury. So if we could de-gas all the co2 from Venus, then the part of Venus facing away from the Sun would be colder then Earth. Due to the very slow rotation of the planet, there's bound to be places where it's not too hot or too cold.

The other problem is the lack of a magnetosphere. I think Mars would be easier to terraform.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

With Venus, the problem isn't only the temperature -- it's also the atmospheric pressure. Therefore, cooling Venus down would not be enough to make it "habitable". The atmospheric pressure at its surface would still be high enough to crush a human.

To terraform Venus, we would also need to thin out its atmosphere somehow.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The atomospheric pressure is 92 times earth's and the air is carbon dioxide. Don't breathe there before you're crushed.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
So many replies, thank you everyone. I wish to take this one at a time.

Anna: Thank you for your response. Also thank you for your links.

Amagon: Hi, yes space is a vacuum but in the 1970's NASA left a lazer on the Moon and they have been measuring the Moons distance ever since. They say that the Moon is moving away from the Earth. Not fast but it is still moving away from us and they theorized that all of the planets are doing the same thing... moving away from our Sun.

v01i0: Hi, I have never heard of this before. Do you have a link to read up on? I have always read that the Earth and all the planets are moving away from the Sun and the Earth will be out of the Goldilocks zone in a few million years.

paraclete1: Hi and Wow... I feel exactly the same way about Humans living on Mars and being forced to move the population to Earth. It would certainly answer alot of questions concerning the Ark along with many others.

problemsolvr: Hi, to be completely honest with you I have never thought of another body large enough to be considered a planet coming into our own solar system. I would think without thinking much about this that it would definately throw off the rotational speeds of our planets and not to mention tidal waves of our own planets oceans. I could be possibly wrong with all of that, like I said I have not givin this any thought before. But I will start thinking about it. Thank you for your input.

Retikx: Well that is pretty negative thinking there. I mean if this planet was in that bad of condition that would mean that mankind was fighting to survive (eatting, water). There fore I can't believe that we would not pull together and find ways of helping eachother out. I know what you are thinking but no, it has not gotten that bad yet.

yizzel: Hi yizzel. Thank you for your input. Can you please repost that link? It is not working. I know that scientists have been looking into this for years now, but, I had no idea that they have already calculated this scenario. I would love to read up on that for sure. Thank you so much for your input!

Soylent Green Is People and damwel: Well I was hoping that once in the habitable zone that Venus would straighten itself up and over time all of those problems would be fixed from the heating of the Sun. I am probably wrong on this line of thinking and I am sure I will be told all about it here on ATS

Thank you for all of your responses and I look forward to hearing more from everyone

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
short answer : no

long answer : impossible , this rock is it ,get used to it

and stop wrecking it with crazy science

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

Do you have children? I do and grandchildren. I want to insure that future generations have somewhere to go when this planet reaches its lifes end. Well as long as this mammal (humans) do not become extinct

Thanks for your input there Radar

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You expecting the demise of earth ?

..... or people ?

I suggest people will wipe themselves out long before this planet

expires . Solution ? Ban all destructive science now .

i.e 90,000 synthetic chemicals , that are sterilizing the population

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I suggest you just leave this to scientists who actually do proper research on the formation of planets and their orbits. Rather than someone who just sits there and thinks What If?

I mean... what are your thoughts based on fact wise? A dream you had or what?

I mean... my theory is that ever so often God punches his computer screen causing a black hole in our solar system where we fly off into another dimension where Stars can talk.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FAQAmerica

Venus is too close to the sun.
It has no breathable air.
Gravity is too strong there.

I think science should concentrate their efforts on

fixing up the environment on this planet , and forget

any pie-in -the -sky notions of terra-forming others !!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join