It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400,000 on FBI's Terrorist Watch List

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

400,000 on FBI's Terrorist Watch List

www.washingtonpost.com

The U.S. intelligence community suggested on a daily basis that 1,600 people qualified for the list because they presented a "reasonable suspicion," according to data provided to the Senate Judiciary Committee by the FBI

The ever-churning list is said to contain more than 400,000 unique names and over 1 million entries.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
1,600 people per day qualify!? That's outrageous! Think about that for a moment. They need to have solid intel on those people to add them to the list and they obviously don't add everyone to the list that they gather intel on. Imagine how many people they're monitoring for new data at any given moment to be able to add so many people!

Americans really ought to be a lot angrier about this than they would outwardly appear to be, in my opinion.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Wow 400,000 eh? is that the population of the U.S...wait no that number is too small I think sombody messed up.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

You think it's a lowball number? Really? What makes you believe it's more than 400k? That 1 million number people used to quote apparently includes aliases.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

If we said it was the userbase of ats, would it make more sense?

I am offended by these numbers myself. It seems we do become more fascist with each passing day. We have got to get these clowns out of office, all of them, and return to constitutional law.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

I was being facecious, TPTB think we're all friggin terrorists any ways so I used the "lowball" number in a sarcastic way ( directed to them) that's all.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I got it, my reply of 400,000 being the userbase of ats, was also in jest. The rest of my post was in response to the thread.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Sarcasm is the tool of terrorists! Wait till the bureau gets wind of this.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Seiko...gotcha I picked up on that.

ZO... what? they do? fine I guess it's time to get my octopuss net out of the closet, BRB...

Edit to add, I went looking for it but found only a star and a flag so I guess that will have to work... where did I put that thing

Seriously though, I think that number is crazy, and they need to start gettin to work catching the real terrorists...obviously.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
So how can we find out if our name is on the list? Would freedom of information act open that to us? Would it take years to go through the red tape to find out? We need a list leaker!

Shouldn't individuals have a right to know if they are considered a "suspect" and why?

What consitutes being a suspect? Speaking your mind on issues? Questioning the unquestionable?

Are people being led to believe these "terrorists" are foreign groups when they could be just regular citizens who speak out against lies?

What is their criteria to become a suspect? Any documents of citation on this?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I would not be surprised if a large chunk of the visitors to this website are on the terror watch list. Just for the things we talk about here, and the things we watch on youtube, and the things we google.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

We all are welcome to the red list!!! but good obsevation. Damn it I didn't have enough for a two lines...shucks.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

From what I've heard in the news, there's no way to find out if you're on the list. Maybe how you get treated at the airport is a good indication

I don't even know if I'd want to try and FOIA request... they'd probably interpret that as a sign of guilt and add you to the list.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Can I find out if I am in the TSDB? The TSC cannot reveal whether a particular person is in the TSDB. The TSDB remains an effective tool in the government’s counterterrorism efforts because its contents are not disclosed. If TSC revealed who was in the TSDB, terrorist organizations would be able to circumvent the purpose of the terrorist watchlist by determining in advance which of their members are likely to be questioned or detained.

From the fbi website, it appears a foia would do no good here.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko

Can I find out if I am in the TSDB? The TSC cannot reveal whether a particular person is in the TSDB. The TSDB remains an effective tool in the government’s counterterrorism efforts because its contents are not disclosed. If TSC revealed who was in the TSDB, terrorist organizations would be able to circumvent the purpose of the terrorist watchlist by determining in advance which of their members are likely to be questioned or detained.

From the fbi website, it appears a foia would do no good here.

So one day there could be a "surprise" round-up and these people could be "Indefinitely detained" and no way to know the charges nor to defend yourself?

Could this be the reason for the indefinite detainment law?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
So they add 580,000 people per year? Why is the list only at 400,000 then?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I'd be willing to bet the answer would sound similar to;

"we're not at liberty to discuss...."

I mean if you could call a lawyer, why then he'd know you were being held, and that could tip others off. There's a sick logic to this, that some people just accept so readily.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
So they add 580,000 people per year? Why is the list only at 400,000 then?

They mention that the list often culled, plus they're including people that go by multiple aliases, so there's duplicates, etc.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Hope the Bush family is on that list

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko

I mean if you could call a lawyer, why then he'd know you were being held, and that could tip others off. There's a sick logic to this, that some people just accept so readily.

It seems a reasonable strategy that they would get rid of the barking sheepdogs before they can alert enough sheep.

As I mentioned in this thread below....I think the first ten percent will be quietly removed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

<<   2  3 >>

join