It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus was alive ,and here,right now,what would happen...?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Jesus is unlimited has the capacity to emanate in other human forms in different cultures.
Jesus is not coming back looking like surfer Jesus in a white robe.
Jesus has the creative energy to reincarnate in a new body.
Jesus has been coming back every generation.
Whoever preaches-" Love your neighbor and enemies, harm no-one."
and then gets killed-that's Jesus.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electricneo

Please list for us every Jesus of every generation.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy

Let's hypothetically presume that Jesus is alive right now

If? You must mean if he were to return today?

He returns this time as warrior.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueset
If you believe that right now as you read this the you that are reading this is
an aspect of the Christ consciousness you may realize He never left.

All the conscious beings are growing towards increased consciousness !

The Christ consciousness is the path that best clears dualism constructs
and other clutter from the souls path.

Truth ,sincerity and non-judgemental awareness increases conscious
growth and grows us into our higher selfs !

Your higher self is your souls purpose here !

Originally posted by silver tongue devil

Originally posted by Electricneo

Please list for us every Jesus of every generation.

You made a mistake right their. In philosphy(SP)? for example we have a perfect idea of a table and our reality are just copies. get it? Jesus=perfection. The person you describe the others, buddah, ghundi etc etc are secondary to Jesus. You classfied Jesus as perfect. The others just fallow. See where i'm going?
They're all great but nothing like Jesus

Okay what would happen. First majority of all the ATS will probably be sent to hell. Majority of you are alien worshippers which is pretty funny. Yeah they helped our culture in some ways but overall they are not angels. Funny thing is that we really need to read our research and look back into history of anicent middle east to have an idea whats going on. I'm not clueing anyone in to fix their "alien perspective" into the only God Yawah. A few other things that I'm venting about. If your Atheist and believe in Ghost (positive ones and negative ones) Your a hypocrite. To believe in something that is dead and the energy flying around "TRAPPED" on a earth realm (being pissed off for some reason most of the time) should have proof that the spirit does exist.

Now firstly what would happen. Their would be a divide in the relgious communities. Cut half of Christians, jews and islam and the other half will be on Jesus side. Their are many connections between the three which can indeed become a unity of happy bliss. With hope and prayer that is.

What would happen to Christ? Would he die again? No it's in revelation. It's all in their.
You believe that the government would not use Christ as a weapon or use him for information and try to control the universe. USA=power. They would experiment on him indefintly. To believe that the government wouldn't be interested in Godly things is a laugh. Our own government is built on a Christian foundation and rules that as old as time.

2012 is real I advise you.
I love you Jesus!

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Jordan River]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

...if the cornerstone is removed , will the temple fall ?

Fall?? I think He'd rip it apart with his bare hands, hurling stones in every direction, and would probably beat the living daylights out of the super rich and every last fake Christian on the planet! Remember, this is someone who (literally) whupped the flea market crowd at Temple. If he came back, and decided to run at 'full power'.... it would be a truly frightening sight to see. Especially to the set who've used his name as a cheap marketing tool, a robbery tool, a scam tool.....

For those people, it'll be a horror well beyond imagining. I am sure a great deal will die just from pure fright.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
First off, I consider Jesus to be a man, and not the son of god. That being said, I think he would commit suicide after realizing the extreme idiocy of the world and the people. I think he would first try to teach people of the problems, and solutions to those problems. When he realized that there was no hope for us, I think he would off himself because he is so empathic, he wouldn't be able to take all the suffering of this world.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If the Jesus came to earth now in human form like the first time (hypothetically speaking of course due to the fact, as mentioned, we believe the next time Jesus returns it will be with full glory) and we knew it was indeed the real deal (and not an impostor), He would most likely be met with split reception.

True Christians would love Him and wouldn't be able to get enough of Him but pretenders and the world would hate Him. We also have to remember that Jesus was not P.C. nor was He remotely concerned with human comforts and worldly concerns. He also despised corrupt government systems, sin, and hypocrites. Therefore, the elites would seek to destroy Him, the P.C. propagandists would seek to silence Him, corrupt leaders would attempt to minimize Him, and Christian pretenders would be in some serious hot water if not convicted to turn their lives around.

Also, hopefully some of those who were on the fence or even hated what they knew of Him before would see His love first hand and change their minds.

He would most likely accumulate a huge following as well as huge opposition.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Too bad he would come for the Lost Children of Israel like the Bible states, not "Everyone".
Same as the past, it clearly states he came for the people of Israel the first time.
(not modern day white jews as they are not the jews in the bible.)

But most people don't know who the lost child of Israel are.
The Lord doesn't love everyone and when he hates, he really hates.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I imagine life would probably be generally very difficult. And imagine what it would be like to come to terms with something like that. Probably as mentally straining as loosing a family member after winning the lottery.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hmmm...If Jesus were alive and walking around today.

Welp, then people would persecute him and label him as the antichrist that has been prophecised. I'm sure someone would be out to kill him, but it's ok, guys, he'd be back again to walk the Earth in a couple of days.

I'm pretty sure all he'd say is "Goddamnit, world's full of haters, dawg. All I wanna do is listen to black metal and drink beer".

This is when you would find him at frat parties in the US changing water to wine and bro'ing out with the bros. I don't think Jesus would suit a polo shirt, but he's had the sandals thing going on for a while.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The same with all the other people who claim to be god, put them in a padded room, with nice men in white suites, and a daily pill.

There are so many people now a days who claim to be god or jesus, or whatever and there were back then.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
for all those believers who think jesus will return.. What happens if Jesus returns as a women, or a little black girl, or an asian boy? Would you still believe him or her to be Jesus?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Jesus was middle eastern to begin with... so I would hope there would be no euro-centric bias.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

1st Is the Old testament inspired or not. If not, then Jesus could be anything modern society wants to make of him. He would be Obama who seeks power through human institutions or perhaps a Gandhi, a Dali lama or any other religious leader the world respects.

2nd If the OT (old testament) is inspired, and every other religious book is wrong. Then we would have to question, which belief system interprets it correctly? If he was a Muslim, he would be a minor prophet of Allah, and seek to follow Mohammad's exp. If he was Jewish, he would be a "Son of David" and become King\Prime Minister of Isreal. Then Smite* all surrounding countries, and Rule the fertile cresent with a iron rod. All kingdoms of the Earth would have to respect Israel or be smited. That is if he was a zionist otherwise he would be a Jewish Gandhi.

3rd If the OT is correct, and Christian interpretations are correct. Then Jesus would not have been born yet. The roman empire would have still self destructed, but without the influence of Catholicism. The Greek philosophy\works would not have been "Saved", The "battle of tours" would possibly been lost due to internal divisions, and the western world would probably never have existed.

Jesus would be born in Bethlehem 1980. He would be a Palestinian Jew oppressed by the ruling Muslim elite. And the census would be the seasonal usury fee that all jews would have to pay. He would criticize the jewish elite, proclaim the Kingdom of God, heal a few sick people, feed a crowd, and then be promptly crucified the first time he states "Allah is my Father". He would be resurrected, a very few people would believe, and the new christians would thrive under the threat of Islamic persecutions.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

You may find this surprising, but there are many people in the world today who actually think that Jesus is nothing more than a fantasy figure that various secret societies created 2,000 years ago. Allegedly, His name belongs in the same fictional writings that contain such fairy-tale characters as Peter Pan, Hercules, and Snow White and the seven dwarfs. Gerald Massey, in his book, Gnostic and Historic Christianity, has “informed” us that “[w]hether considered as the God made human, or as man made divine, this character [Jesus—EL] never existed as a person” (1985, p. 22). Skeptics like Massey, Acharya (1999), and others believe that Christians have been deceived into thinking that there really was a man named Jesus, when, in fact, He never lived.

How do those of us who believe in the historicity of Jesus Christ respond to such allegations? Can we really know that there was a sinless, miracle-working, death-defying man named Jesus who lived upon the Earth approximately 2,000 years ago, or have we accepted His existence blindly?

Even though the New Testament proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that Jesus actually lived, it is by no means the only historical evidence available. Around the year A.D. 94, a Jewish historian by the name of Josephus mentioned Jesus’ name twice in his book, Antiquities of the Jews. In section 18 of that work, Josephus wrote: “And there arose about this time Jesus, a wise man, if indeed we should call him a man; for he was a doer of marvelous deeds, a teacher of men who receive the truth with pleasure” (emp. added). Then, in section 20, Josephus documented how a man named Ananus brought before the Sanhedrin “a man named James, the brother of Jesus who was called the Christ, and certain others” (emp. added).

About 20 years later, Tacitus, a Roman historian, wrote a book surveying the history of Rome. In it he described how Nero (the Roman emperor) “punished with every refinement the notoriously depraved Christians (as they were popularly called).” He went on to write that “their originator, Christ, had been executed in Tiberius’ reign by the governor of Judea, Pontius Pilatus” (Annals 15:44, emp. added). Even though Tacitus, Josephus, and other historians from the first and second centuries A.D. were not followers of Christ, they did have something to say about Him—and they even verified that Jesus was a real person Who was so famous that He even attracted the attention of the Roman emperor himself!

Another obvious reason to believe that Jesus was a real person is because our entire dating method is based upon His existence. The letters “B.C.” stand for “before Christ,” and the letters “A.D.” (standing for Anno Domini) mean “in the year of the Lord.” So when a history teacher speaks of Alexander the Great ruling much of the world in 330 B.C., he or she is admitting that Alexander lived about 330 years before Jesus was born.

Even though this is only a sampling of the evidence relating to the man known as Jesus, it is enough to prove that He was a real person, and not just some imaginary character. We do not accept His existence blindly—it is a historical fact!

www.apologeticspress.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
First of all, we can be sure that this whole "Jesus is God" is pure nonsense. We can't even be 100% sure the guy even existed, and if he did he obviously did not have any supernatural powers. Only myths written about him. Now before I get trashed let me say that the argument for believing in this religion is really nothing more than circular reasoning- a fallacy.

I ask, what is the evidence that God exists?
the usual answer is that the bible says so.
then I ask, what makes you think the bible is true?
the usual answer is "because the bible was inspired by God."

See the circular reasoning there? god is real because it says so in the bible, and the bible is true because- get this- the god that is talked about in the bible says that the bible is true.

Anyway, assuming that in some alternate illogical universe Jesus actually happens to be real like it says in the bible and comes back, then most likely the religious fundamentalists will be the first ones to try to kill him. I remember hearing somewhere that the first person to achieve world peace will be the antichrist and then Jesus will come to declare war and settle his kingdom. In other words, whoever happens to be powerful enough and yet have some shred of humanity left after being in politics will become a target just for trying to bring peace to Earth.

I would picture Jesus being that one guy who out of nowhere tries to unify the world in a good NWO only to be attacked afterward. this would explain why so few people will end up being in his side.

Personally, I think the character/person of Jesus was a good guy compared to his psycho father, so I would probably want to have a conversation with him and probably invite him to dinner or a game of soccer. He would be hated though, since humanity as a whole seems to have something against nice guys (Just checking the number of good and noble people who were murdered and discriminated for going against oppression, dictatorships, and corruption is enough to prove nice people are not well-received by a majority of humans).

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Jesus is alive, and here right now, indwelling in every Christian believer and His Holy Spirit passes over all of us looking for those who will turn to Jesus, accept His free gift of salvation and turn from their sin before its too late - and it's going to be too late really soon.

Jesus loves you! Call out to Him today before the time is gone.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by silver tongue devil
reply to post by nahsik

Jesus was middle eastern to begin with... so I would hope there would be no euro-centric bias.

Wrong. Jesus (not his real name) was black
Ever read the Bible? Obviously not.
It describes him as a black man just like all the jews of the bible.
He was a decedent of Ham who we all should know is black.

Just because it's in the middle east does not mean he was Arab or Indian.
By that logic 2000 years ago Americans would be white.
Just like white people invaded America, they invaded Israel which is part of the punishment of the black hebrew jews.

Israel was a nation of blacks, and they are not African black but they are the blacks of the west today.(N.America,west indies,mexicans and so on)
Thats why it was so easy for Africans to sell off the Israelites for slavery when they ran there, because they were not the same people.

I have the scriptures describing Jesus as black if you want them.
Also look up "Khazar jews ;fake,impostor".

I used to be dumb and think he was white or middle eastern because I was brainwashed.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
If Jesus were here.
Well no matter how advanced of a society we are today we wouldn't be able to handle it. Due to the fact that he is a holy figure in major religions they would all want a "peice" of him. I imagine that a world war would break erupt, people would be slaughtering eachother in the streets over theirs views. There would be death and hatred all around (more so than there is today). Though I think that not even Jesus would be able to stop the fighting, because no one will let him take a neutral position. Each country wwould want him to come and visit so his followers could come and worship him. He would have to "jump through hoops" in the scientific and sceptical community to "prove" that he is infact the Jesus that died on the cross. Even then some may not believe, the Government would want to "harvest" his "holy" ability to weaponize it. People would try to kill him. I think it would be too much for him to handle. Back in his day he didn't have to try and handle nearly as many followers as he would have to handle if he came here in present time it would be overwhelming. He would be disgusted with humanity these days abd probably turn to buddhism...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by buds84

Wrong. Jesus (not his real name) was black.

You realize there are "black" people native to many regions of the world right? What makes you so certain what skin color was being suggested when I said middle-eastern anyways?

Jesus is his real name. In the sense that it is a modern translation of his name from the original biblical languages (in this case, Hebrew).

The current dominant opinion among historians and scientists is that he was most likely a Galilean Jew and thus would have features which resemble modern-day persons of Middle Eastern or Semitic descent.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ever read the Bible? Obviously not.

I have. Not gonna play head games though, sorry.

Just because it's in the middle east does not mean he was Arab or Indian.

It means he would have looked like the people looked in that region, in that time. Which region, which time? Middle East, 2000 years ago.

It is most commonly argued that Jesus was probably of Middle Eastern descent because of the geographic location of the events described in the Gospels. For this reason, he has been portrayed as an olive-skinned individual typical of the Levant region. Among the points made was that the Bible records that Jesus' disciple Judas had to point him out to those arresting him. The implied argument being that if Jesus' physical appearance differed that markedly from his disciples, then he would have been relatively easy to identify.

Here is an interesting article which shows a pic of what Jesus might have looked like based on the work of forensic anthropologists:

www.popularmechanics.com...

By that logic 2000 years ago Americans would be white.

Eh? Who's logic? My logic? You're not making sense.
2000 years ago Americans would have looked very American
Later to be called Indian.

I used to be dumb and think he was white or middle eastern because I was brainwashed.

I am sorry you were brainwashed, but I am not dumb.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join