It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun with Divination: Dice Vs Pendulum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
After a long period of boredom the last few days, (i'm on vacaton from work) i decided to get in touch with my prophetic side and try a few different divination techniques on really simple questions just to gage their accuracy

My findings so far are this

1.) I can't understand chicken bones

Seriously though I thought id try the old pendulum verses a six sided dice 2 sides dedicated to yes 2 to no and 2 to uncertain. My findings are as follows. . . keep in mind i asked simple questions whos true outcomes could be determined within a few hours of the test.

1.) Will my significant other bring me home orange chicken rather than the chicken club from the golden arches like i requested

pendulum - yes
dice - uncertain
final answer Orange Chicken was brought home

2.) Can I Win 5 online games of Unreal Tournament in a row

pendulum - no
dice - no
final answer almost damnit but no

3.) If I allow my children to play with their moonsand will I have to vaccuum when they are done

Pendulum - yes
Dice - no
final answer yes but only a little

Uh-oh 3-1 pendulum

4.) Will Future Tech be the next show i watch

Pendulum - uncertain
dice - yes
final answer nope myth busters was on

5.) does my office appear to be hit by a hurricane

Pendulum - yes
Dice - uncertain
final answer - unfortunately yes

For the sixth question i asked an Opinion question so im not sure if its valid (not that any of it is truely valid, my jury is still out on that one till question 7-10 are answered)

Is Glenn Beck really as concerned about America as he appears

Pendulum - no
Dice - no
Final Answer- unknown but i feel his theatrics are for ratings

so as of now the measurable results are

4-1 not counting the uncertainty on Future tech or the glenn beck question

It was a fun experiment. . . certainly not earth shacking but fun none the less

questions 7-10 are pending and we'll all get to see the results of them they are as follows

Will Disclosure happen in 2009
Pendulum - uncertain
Dice - yes

Is David Wilcock a charlatan
Pendulum - No
Dice - uncertain

Is Timewave the most accurate prophet
Pendulum - Yes
Dice - Yes

We shall see

Anyway if anyone wants to challenge the dice or pendulum to test its accuracy drop a q that can be determined in the very short run and I'll throw the bones

Or do it for yourself if nothing else it helps beat back the doledrums

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I don't have any questions that can be answered readily, but I'll shoot one for you - Have you only just started this stuff w/ the pendulum & dice, or was it just out of sheer boredom? If you've played w/ it before, how do you find the accuracy on them over the time you've used them? And if using the pendulum for a while, do you think your hopes of the answer outcome influence the answers it gives?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
its mostly out of boredom. . . i couple months ago there was a thread in which the OP was answering questions with a pendulum. . . . after i read a few things about them i decided to try its accuracy against a dice (something that could give random answers)

Thus far ive found after doing several more q's that i posted that the dice in the long run was just as accurate as the pendulum. However its all been very mundane stuff no big earth shattering questions or results. . .

my conclusion is that its hoakem but then again im no prophet so . . .

I would advise anyone whos interested in finding out if there is any truth to pendulum prophecy to find out for themselves. . . however this does mean you must have a control that can give random answers such as a coin or a die

[edit on 23-10-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Nice. I remember reading through a bit of that thread, which is why I was curious about what you found. I remember the other guy got inundated w/ a crap load of questions - hell I couldn't keep up w/ who asked what, and answers given. I got lost trying to see his success rate, so gave up. I'm surprised no one wants to ask you anything to see which way it will go. Might be a good thing, though. It would drive me batty to get slammed w/ crap loads of questions.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

How does the pendulum work?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Just as radios pick up information from unseen radio waves, the pendulum is a powerful antenna that receives information from the vibrations and energy waves emitted by people, places, thoughts and things.

Noted physicist, Albert Einstein, was known to perform impressive feats with such dowsing tools. He believed that it had to do with electromagnetism: just as birds migrate following the earth's magnetic field, dowsers react to energies that are unseen and still not fully understood.

Some people say that the pendulum creates a bridge between the logical and intuitive parts of the mind. Some say that the pendulum connects them with a higher power and call it "divining" as the information is believed to come from a divine source. Research by many scientists indicates that the pendulum responds to electromagnetic energy that radiates from everything on Earth.

No one knows for sure how the pendulum works, but the important thing is that it does work! As Thomas Edison is said to have replied when asked about electricity: "I don't know what it is, but it's there, let's use it."

Other famous dowsing advocates in history include Leonardo De Vinci (inventor), Robert Boyle (father of modern chemistry), Charles Richet (nobel prize winner), and General Patton (U.S. Army).

Another way of looking at it is realizing that a TV antenna can pick up invisible rays and translate them into pictures, so perhaps the inherent electrical current of the brain can also act as a receiver for which the pendulum serves as a transmitter.

But regardless, even if you do not understand how the pendulum works, just as most people don't know the inner workings of a television or telephone, you can still benefit from its use. You do not have to be psychic to use a pendulum; there is nothing magical or mystical despite the fact that friends and family are always amazed at its uncanny accuracy.

How you believe it works may be secondary to the fact that it actually does work - and you can experience it for yourself

www.pendulums.com...

When you make your own pendulum, you will have a connection to it. It is easy to make your own pendulum. You can use whatever you want to make a pendulum for divination purposes.

When you make your own pendulum, you transfer some of your own energies to it. This can make it seem easier when attempting to tap into your own subconscious mind for the purpose of divination. If you do not want to make your own pendulum, you can also suspend a piece of your own frequently worn jewelry from a string. Either way, the pendulum will be imbued with your energy. By carrying or wearing the pendulum with you, you will keep the connection strong.

You can make a pendulum by simply suspending a button from a string or you can tie the string onto a ring and it is ready. It is that simple. All that is necessary is that the pendulum is heavy enough to pull the string tight though not heavy enough to make your hand uncomfortable.

The weighted object should be symmetrical so that the movements are balanced. Types of material that are used for pendulums are metal, wood, glass, clay, stone, precious stone, and gemstone. You can use plastic as well. You can use whatever you have on hand. It does not have to be fancy at all though crystal pendulums are highly regarded by some people as it believed that the crystal provide clarity into exercises of divination. You can use string, cord or a chain to suspend your weighted object.

If you have string and a ring handy, you can start using your pendulum immediately. This is the easiest divination tool to make for yourself. You can be as creative as you want when making your own pendulum.

www.bellaonline.com...

What really happens in the pendulum is up to speculation. . . its my belief from the little ive done that it likes to give answers that you either consiously or subconsiously want to recieve. . . the dice on the other hand is much more fickle giving whatever answer it lands on no room for your personal imput cold and impersonal just like i like it

[edit on 23-10-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiote
reply to post by constantwonder

How does the pendulum work?

Since I'm bored, I'll give a quick def: A pendulum is an object of weight that is either attached to a thread or a chain, and dangled to receive answers to yes/no questions. It's supposedly comes from your higher consciousness, or some people think it's spirit driven... any/which of these I am unsure of.

So - You predetermine what your YES answer will look like. Either swinging toward you and away in back and forth manner. likewise for NO. The difference being in the direction - say left to right swinging. And having a MAYBE answer doing either counterclockwise or clockwise circle. Of course, it's really dependent on the user, and what they decide their answers will look like for them.

And since I'm a slow typist, there will likely be 200 better descriptions of it before mine even hits the thread.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
Nice. I remember reading through a bit of that thread, which is why I was curious about what you found. I remember the other guy got inundated w/ a crap load of questions - hell I couldn't keep up w/ who asked what, and answers given. I got lost trying to see his success rate, so gave up. I'm surprised no one wants to ask you anything to see which way it will go. Might be a good thing, though. It would drive me batty to get slammed w/ crap loads of questions.

what i found most amusing about that thread was that people were just eating up. It seemed they were totally convinced without even so much as proof that the poster was even doing anything besides sitting their typing answers. . . . It actually gives me hope that no one has really asked any questions. . . to blindly follow is insanity

this is why i advise to experiment for yourself

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

5.) does my office appear to be hit by a hurricane

Pendulum - yes
Dice - uncertain
final answer - unfortunately yes

Or do it for yourself if nothing else it helps beat back the doledrums

Ok, how can you be bored? Go straighten that office up!

Doesn't your significant other wonder what the heck you have been up to all day?

I swear, people can come up with the strangest excuses to be bored! All you need to do in this case, while cleaning your office, is imagine you are on a treasure hunt!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yes perhaps i can find that missing . . . . wait wait no if i clean it i won't be able to find anything. . . . its controlled chaos

new topics

top topics

join