It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell the Spiritual Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a57dbf0122b9.jpg[/atsimg]

One of the most forgotten pieces to the Roswell Crash was the fact that back in 1947 the Military Chaplin was the sole source for counseling and support to those who had endured more than their minds could handle.

This was a wise decision on the part of the Military as the Chaplains not only took their oath of privacy towards the Military personal they counseled, but also with their sworn oath to God.

I ran across an interesting article by Anthony Bragalia that details how not one but two Chaplains were involved in the Roswell incident and why. This made sense on so many levels to me and it will you too after discovering the story he uncovered.

The Baptist Reverend "Hankerson" was stationed at the Roswell Army Airfield in 1947. Just a few days after the Roswell incident he was removed and in his place and a Catholic priest was brought in to replace him.

Not only was this unexpected but again on the part of the Military a good decission because a Catholic priest could take confessions and was sworn under his religion to keep anything confessed secret until the day he died, even against Military Tribunals...

But lets first take a look at Reverend Hankerson and his story...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ead5d5d1ef4b.jpg[/atsimg]
The late Mrs. Annie Hankerson, wife of Rev. Elijah Hankerson of RAAF

Their story is not unlike many that we have come to hear about during the earlier years of Military service in that after they 'moved' from their home in Roswell and off to their lives 'after' Roswell, they never looked back, at least never mentioned their connection to the July 1947 involvement, not even to their own children.

No death bed confessions by the loving Husband and Father, not a word, his silence was his sacred oath.

Roswell UFO Researcher Anthony Bragalia:

The role of a Chaplain at Roswell was an aspect that was not considered or examined by early Roswell researchers. Though military officers, ranchers and others were contacted about their possible knowledge of event surrounding the 1947 crash, no one ever considered the Chaplain, and what he knew. Given the significant role that a Chaplain would have played, I decided to track down any information that might lead to the identity of the Roswell Army Air Field Base Chaplain at the time.

Recently, through working with the US Army Chaplain Corps -and with assistance from the Executive Director of the US Army Chaplain Museum at Ft. Jackson, SC- I have conclusively identified the Base Chaplain at RAAF in July of 1947 as Reverend Elijiah H. Hankerson. Rev. Elijah Hankerson was a Black man and a National Baptist. Hankerson began his military career in 1944 and passed in 1990. However, I have located and contacted his daughter- Esther.

Elijah and his wife Annie lived off-base at 601 E. Summit in Roswell. Though Hankerson is mentioned in the RAAF Yearbook, he is not pictured.

Now why would you imagine Reverend Hankerson was not pictured with the rest of his comrads in the RAAF yearbook? Anominity was swift and secure. They did not want him to be found by questioning reporters. And they were successful until now.

Anthony did find Rev. Hankerson and Annie's daughter Esther and even though she was unable to disclose anything telling and definate about her parents and their envolvement at Roswell she did share this very moving information with Anthony:

Esther Hankerson recounts how, when she was a child, she remembers her father having been "called out at all hours" to act as a "first responder" to air accidents. He did tell her about these events and it left an impression on young Esther. Esther herself became a "first responder" and became certified in administering pre-hospital care for medical emergencies! She laments though that he, and mother Annie, never mentioned Roswell. She says that "he would have to have been involved. Given what he did on other bases when I was growing up, it would have been his job -his duty- to respond to the Roswell crash. Why didn't he tell us he was at Roswell?"

Asked if there is anything that he ever said during his life that would possibly indicate his knowledge of the Roswell incident, Esther thought about it and replied, "Yes, there is. Towards the end of his life in 1990, before he became entirely unable to speak, he said some things over and over that made no sense at the time. But they do now."

Asked what it was that her father said that she found unusual, Esther replied: "There were a few things that he kept repeating as he drifted in an out. My father kept saying over and over "I'm just a Man. But in my Father's house there are many mansions." When she asked him "what do you mean?" he replied to her, "Dear, knowing too much is not always a good thing." This was something she did not understand at all. Her father had a PhD and was also a Doctor of Divinity. She said that her father kept on referring to "the Universe and man's place in it. He kept on repeating to us, "I'm just a Man, but the Universe, oh the Universe..."

She never knew what to make of these statements, they made no sense- until now. Clearly upset by the implications, Esther said, "Oh dear God, I'm realizing that he was trying to say something to us without saying. My father kept his oath till the end!"

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
For the full article please check out this link:

www.ufocon.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I found it kind of unusual that there would have been a Black reverend. Was that typical for 1947? if it is not then we need to think about Roswell having been a planned scenario rather than an accidental crash.

If they needed to discredit a man in 47 one way would be for that man to be Black...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Catholic priests do not have to keep everything secret to their death, in fact they have protocol just like psychologists on what they HAVE to tell, for example child abuse/sexual assault/murder etc. It is just personal non-important things they keep secret.

I think bringing in the Catholic priest is most interesting. Probably the incident was to do with demons then, I think. Then it would all add up. Aliens would not be traumatic. Memorable though. A catholic priest would not make all sense because I would bet the majority of them were protestant and maybe not religious at all, so the reason must have some religious connotation...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

I do not think that was so back in 47. However your idea of the being having been something very frightning could be right, but remember just seeing an alien back then could have been more than shocking.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Why would it be more than shocking?! They had sci-fi writers! People who thought of space travel before it was possible! Writers about aliens and such. Have you never heard of war of the worlds? Orson Welles? The only reason theyd be scared is if they see something like a weapon, think oh crap theyre invading..

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I have written about the 50s and the direction the propaganda took people through movies, radio and magazines including comic books.

Interesting how after Roswell so much began to surface in the minds of people, ordinary people but really it was probably targeted at the youth much like today but now we have video games and really violent space themed cartoons.

Hey thanks for stopping by again!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
As for my thoughts on this, I was really surprised at this piece of the puzzle, perhaps I have just tried to avoid the whole Roswell story for too long feeling like we needed to move forward in UFOlogy, but if we are on the eve of some kind of disclosure then this would be the most likely case to be disclosed at least first, and it makes sense since this was the most highly profiled story of all time.

I wonder what they said to the Rev. that kept him from talking all those years?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ok I will go, it makes me think that they probably gave him 2 choices, either shut up or die.

new topics

top topics

join