It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel push to change laws of war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
story link

I saw many threads relevant to war crimes allegations against israel and the goldstone report but I wasn't sure where to post this in response.

Given that most of those threads have devolved into debate concerning other points I decided to post a new thread.

Any thoughts on this?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

"The prime minister instructed the relevant government bodies to examine a worldwide campaign to amend the international laws of war to adapt them to the spread of global terrorism," Netanyahu's office said in a statement following Tuesday's meeting.

Israel doesn't want to give up Palestine, America doesn't want to give up Middle East. So they go and sleep in the same bed until they realize the bed needs to be cleaned.

Richard Goldstone, the jurist who authored a UN report accusing Israel of war crimes and crimes against humanity during its war on Gaza, has challenged the US to justify its claims that his findings are flawed and biased.

Goldstone told Al Jazeera on Thursday that he had not heard from the administration of Barack Obama, the US president, about the flaws Washington claims to have identified in the report.

In the same smelly bed. WWIII is coming people, migrate to New Zealand or Antarctica if you want to be safe.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
First I want to apologize for seeming to have abandoned my own thread. I wasn't sure how to phrase what I'm going to say, and I actually still don't, but wanted to try now.

My first instinct on reading this was not about palestine specifically, though I believe they could use this as an excuse to be more aggressive, but that this is their personal interpretation of formulating something like the "bush doctrine".

I believe the real outcome of this movement is aimed at iran. This is to me an early warning sign of the moves they will soon be taking in their foreign relations. I think they are looking for the catalyst, and a strike against iran will create it in my opinion.

The mideast is already splintered and chaotic. The powder keg is centered in iran and if an attack or strike lands there it will bring about a modern day holy war. I believe this was the plan all along. It seems some look so forward to the rapture and the next stage that they are not above expediting it's arrival.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Slight update and further reading.

Outcry over plan to give attorney general veto on war crimes warrants

"The Geneva Conventions Act of 1957 places a positive obligation on the UK to pursue those who are alleged to have committed grave offences under the act," said another lawyer. "In the light of the Goldstone report [into the Gaza war] there is a prima facie case to answer." The only successful prosecution so far has been of an Afghan warlord convicted of torture in 2005. News of a plan to involve the attorney general in issuing warrants brought complaints about selective application of the law, politicisation of criminal justice, and violation of the separation of powers.

And for another view.

Adib S. Kawar – Democratizing Colonialism!!! (part of the First Word War)

“The realization of the entire spectrum of rights is now, more than ever, dependent on what we say or believe, what ethnic group we belong to, how much money we have, and more. We have the freedom to express ourselves and demonstrate – only if we don’t say anything displeasing; we have the right to equal treatment and opportunities – only if we are “loyal” to the State; we have the right to health care – only if we have enough money to afford treatments and medications; and we have the right to adequate housing – only if our ideologies and lifestyles are acceptable.” (What the report called “he is one of us”)

The politics of this region seem to be a precarious balance of those in charge. Watching how the two state solution is realized, or not, we see a glimpse of what might be to come. I believe this region is a microcosm of the rebirth the holy wars. The rhetoric employed by both sides is untenable if the aim is peaceful coexistence.

I am reminded of the term "manifest destiny".

Who deserves the land?

How far past it's own borders can a nation extend it's rule?

How far will we go as a world to ensure one side or the other is in control?

If we change the rules and decorum if war, what will we become?

How do you think we'll see ourselves when this happens?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Israel has previously called the report unbalanced, while Netanyahu has promised a lengthy fight to "delegitimise" the findings by the UN commission.

If the israeli govt thinks the UN is incompetent, we can safely assume iran is a fellow victim of illegitimate UN findings, eh?

Imagine if the nation accused was iran.. lol.. and iran blew it off as illegitimate... dude, there would be drama. Something tells me israeli / US govt clowns would be applauding the reports accuracy & truthfulness, thanking the UN for standing up to a rogue nation... Heck goldstone would be "Person of the year", throwing out pitches.. and get to sit on oprahs couch.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I would bet the term "human rights" would pop up a lot. Duty and owing to the citizens that be allowed...... peace, helping set up democracy.

It would of course be an entirely different story I'm sure.

If they succeed in changing the laws of engagement, we're going to see a lot worse.

new topics

top topics

join