It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr blacklist. Is this really possible in the United States?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have been informed by 2 different DR's offices I am on a Dr Blacklist. Everytime I call they ask me my name and say they can't treat me. I had flu like symptoms and tried to get into DR and was told this.
I am so confused that I have consulted an attonery to help me get medical care. I can't go to most DRs in 2 counties. I am not sure who invented this heartless system. It can't be because of my insurance because they take my insurance. They have told me that they won't treat me for "personal" reasons not due to insurance. Do other Drs talk to each other and tell them of adversal patients or is it because everyone is trying to aviod the swine flu so when I tell them I have flu like symptoms they won't take me?

[edit on 21-10-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is unbelieveable, you need to go to any ER asap!

They by law cannot refuse you.

Please keep us informed of how this all plays out.

You do have support, just right now it seems hopeless.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This isn't meant to be cruel in anyway but is there any chance that they may feel that you are a hypochondriac?

The have taken their oath and SHOULD feel obligated to treat you but I have heard arguments from doctors saying that treating hypochondriacs is just don't them more harm than good.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Actually ER's do Blacklists too, often calling repeat patients "frequent fliers".

Two unrelated questions: Have you ever requested any specific medication by name? Like Oxycontin or Percocet or other pain relivers.

Have you made frequent doctors appointments in a short period of time for something that was a non-injury?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I am a little bit of a hyperchondric but I rarely go to the DR. I have gone to the DR when I had one only 2 times in a year. I try to aviod Drs like the plague. I get a lot of flu like symptoms on and off for a few years now. I have only been to the hospital 3 times in a 3 years. Once was when I was bleeding profusely. Another time I was forced into the hospital because of an illness that happened when I was at a Drs. I know in early 2009 I had to call around a lot to try to get a DOR pyshical but that was recquired by law or I would lose my driver's license permantly. I was finally able to get it back after 8 months.
I just want to know why I get so many dizzy spells,mild fevers once a month. I also get very severe headaches with facial pain. I also want a Dr to go to when I get an ear infection or something minor.
I know from experience if you go to an ER and it is not considered an emergency your insurance does not pay.
I just want to know what I am dealing with because it prevents me from enjoying life fully.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I hate medication and never request anything specfic.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yeah, they started doing this awhile back. They do it to stop people from "Doctor Shopping", or to stop people from going to 4 to 5 different dr.s to get "fun drugs".

If you have never done this, it's possible someone stole your id and used it. Anyone close to you with a drug habit? If so, they had the same problem you had, so had to use alternate id's. Some doc's check id's, some don't and only care about the money. So who knows. But this has been in going on for a good while now.

I'd go to those Dr.s refusing you, and double check the info and see if there's been a mistake or possible i.d. theft.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I would keep trying. See if you can get into a free clinic somewhere in your area. The doctors there tend to be a little more open minded and less likely to follow whatever other stubborn doctors might say (as long as they don't see a valid reason to do so)

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

I have had 4 drs all my life. I do call around a lot just to find a DR. I think it was the DOR pyshical that got me into this situation maybe. I called some places back a couple times not knowing it was the same.
That was really a hard time for me. I really thought this sounded like something Drs could not do legally.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I find a web site talking about it. Thank you for taking me seriously; it really does exits. I just need to figure out why I am on it and get myself off of it.
www.patient-safety.com...
Here is a web site that I have found.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Has this happened to anyone else or have you suspected it might. Tell me your stories. I am going educate myself on this topic.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Frequent flyers are frequently denied access.

To be honest, I think it would be both justified and absolutely hilarious if all attorney's and their families were blacklisted by doctors.

After all, attorney's are the very reason for their exhorbitant insurance costs.

Come to think of it, it would actually bring the cost down for all of us.

Any world with fewer lawyers is a better world.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Have you ever threatened a lawsuit, or actually filed one? Did you ever mention malpractice in any doctor visit? Those could easily get you on a list.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
you need to steal your chart like Elaine on Seinfeld.

no seriously, this is absurd and I would think the oath they take would require them to see you no matter what.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
When a DR took away my driver's license without just cause I hired an attonery to get reinstated. I also reported the Dr to the medical board. He did touch an open sore as well without gloves furthering infecting me and I yelled about that.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You got this from an episode of Seinfeld. Stop lying.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This is true. I did see that eposiode but she was not black listed she was just noted as a difficult patient. I wish this wasn't the truth. I am so afraid to get sick that I don't have a DR.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I think any decent human being who is also a doctor would see you of you were ill. You must come across such a person at some point. Good luck...I hope you don't get sick any time soon.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm really surprised that no one has asked you about your psychiatric history. This has a funky but hoaxish smell to it.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I was blacklisted at mayo clinic years ago.
This was when my heart issues started, and by the time I got there, the rate would return to normal. Frequent flyer. They would make me feel like crap.

It took years later for me to finally get diagnosed as having Periodic A-Fib.
I go into arythmia and it can last a few min, to hours. Now I have elevated troponin levels etc and they finally took it serious , did tests, and diagnosed me. I would love to sue them, but I am to sick to deal with it all.

When doctors do not know what is wrong with you, a lot will group you as hypocondhria . I am glad I finally got a good heart doctor. What I have makes me pass out, and I am now INSTRUCTED to call an ambulance every time I go into this arrthmia , because it can kill me.

Last time was a month ago and I had to be paddled.

I hate doctors that have such an ego . They would look at my age and tell me your young, go home.

Now I hate going to the hospital because they always want to admit me and I hate being there. I can not help think that because now they know the problem they can get insurance to pay all kinds of crap.

I need a pacemaker, but because of other health issues I have rite now, no on will touch me for any surgery. It sucks. They are afraid of liability.

Our health care system is a joke.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join