It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies, d*mned lies and statistics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I am seeing far too many posters in this forum using government-created statistics and, even though the shadowstats site has been mentioned before on this site, I thought that it would be worthwhile to revisit that site and use the accurate tools of economic measurement that puts any of the government stats to shame.

And that site is: www.shadowstats.com...

Here's what John Williams, the founder of that site says:

Have you ever wondered why the CPI, GDP and employment numbers run counter to your personal and business experiences? The problem lies in biased and often-manipulated government reporting. We offer an exposé of the problems within the reporting system, and an assessment of underlying economic reality, through two basic services:

Please frequently use that site to counter the false stats, the damned lies and statistics that plague the Internet and the media.

Here's an interesting bit of information about the well-known phrase "Lies, damned lies and statistics:

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Historical-Mozart]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Let me tell you something about probability and statistics:

It is all a damned lie that can be molded to fit any interpretation. I'm taking a class on the damn stuff right now and I've never been before witnessed such a blatant disregard for reason and logic.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamrock87
Let me tell you something about probability and statistics:

It is all a damned lie that can be molded to fit any interpretation. I'm taking a class on the damn stuff right now and I've never been before witnessed such a blatant disregard for reason and logic.

Hats of to you sir or madam. Your right on the money there.

Anything can be twisted to fit an agenda, even something like stats, which should in theory be straight as a dye.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yea, it is like this: TPTB can do what ever they like, cause people seldom question the answeres and findings and science for that matter.

And if people do discover false info or errors in reports, well, he is just a plain nut job should shut up, so the real facts can't come to light...

And it works, we have a few of those people here at ATS..

' there is nothing to see here, go back to sleep, we have full control.'

[edit on 20/10/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

An old saying in statistics;

"Torture numbers long enough, and they'll give you any answer you want."

top topics

join