It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines Engage Al-Qaeda & Taliban Militants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
WARNING STRONG LANGUAGE IN EMBEDDED VIDEOS!!!

This Fall, Winter and coming Spring will see a possible increase in US/West casualties IMO. Action will increase as the Taliban increase their activity after they infiltrate back into Afghanistan positions from Pakistan. Be advised the embedded videos have strong language. Nothing graphic. The first two videos are about a month old from what I can tell.

Pakistan is a known Taliban hideout during the winter months from their fight in Afghanistan that's why there is the new big Pakistani push being assembled.

This is also why McCrystal has been asking for more troops. Obama has ok'd 13000 to be exact. Once the Pakistanis push them out of their safe haven they will flood back into Afghanistan.

Pakistan fights 'mother of all battles' with the Taliban

Within hours of leaving their camps early on Saturday morning to fight what is being hailed as the decisive battle in the war against terror, 12 soldiers had been killed in the first ferocious gunfights.

Pakistan's generals have called the offensive the "mother of all battles" for the survival of a country under siege. There were reports of Taliban compounds coming under aerial bombardment from Pakistan gunships as troops moved out in three columns from Razmak to the north, Jandola to the east and Shakai in the west, and advanced on notorious Taliban target towns like Makeen and Ladha.

Marines vs. Al-Qaeda and Taliban in Afghanistan.

Raw Video: Marines Fight Taliban in Afghanistan

Taliban And Al-Qaeda in Show Of Unity

[edit on 17-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Some good videos there.

Slayer, you got any info on what exactly Obama is trying to achieve over there.

We already know victory is not part of his agenda.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Cool videos Slayer! That video with the Marines cornered in their compound was quite intense and scary. Not knowing where the enemy is must be hell. I saw them shooting that howitzer at that ridge, and it looked like they were firing at nothing. Then the Helicopter strikes as well, but the battle persisted. Those Marines looked deaf, dumb, and blind out there. Those mountains are truly the Taliban's playground, and if the US doesn't stop movement up there, they are sitting ducks in those valleys. It's easier said than done, because most of the Taliban are locals, and have grown up in those mountains, and know the terrain like the back of their hands.

Never let they enemy get a forward operating position on elevated ground. Isn't that one of the primary tenets of warfare? Why would planners have an operating base in such a vulnerable location in the first place? That war is making less and less sense everyday. It's beginning to look like an old re-run of the Afghan and Soviet War from the eighties. Just different actors and uniforms this time. Thanks for the insight and the combat videos. Hopefully, more will see the perilous predicament the US and Nato are slowly walking into.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm sure the Coalition will have some nice back up cannon fodder now that Obama has okayed the $7.5 Billion in aid for the Pakistani war effort!

You know what, it's gonna be a cold long winter for Coalition troops out there, I take my hat off to them.

I just wish clear objectives and results were part of the plan. Seems like perpetual chaos to me, but what do I know.

Nice vids S+F Slayer

[edit on 17-10-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
In the first video at 2 mins who is the guy out of uniform with the AK47?

It's a shame the troops can't come home and defend their country.

Edit to add

This is how the British dealt with them

[edit on 17/10/2009 by lightchild]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Pakistan's military has begun its campaign against the Taliban in South Waziristan, long-promised after a series of deadly attacks by Taliban fighters across the country.

About 150,000 people are thought to have fled South Waziristan ahead of the assault, only to find that no preparations have been made for civilians caught up in the conflict.

Meanwhile, many analysts say the reasons behind Islamabad's domestic crisis lie north of the border in Afghanistan.

Al Jazeera's Nicole Johnson reports on the Pakistani military's newest campaign against the Taliban.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I can only report our typical response.

76 days since request for more troops, Obama accused of stalling

IN Afghanistan they would call it a shura, the traditional tribal way of listening to elders’ views before reaching a consensus. In Washington, where President Barack Obama has now held five war councils, they are starting to call it dithering.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
is it true that the Allied forces are only there because neighbouring countries such as Khasakstan are full of oil and gas reserves?

Khasakstan is going to be a boomer very soon.

or is it really because they are scared of Pakistans nukes falling into the wrong hands?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Just an add too...
A while back I was reading a report on M4 weapons failings... the M4 is now the main battle rifle of all US troops...

It was chaos during the early morning assault last year on a remote U.S. outpost in Afghanistan and Staff Sgt. Erich Phillips’ M4 carbine had quit firing as militant forces surrounded the base. The machine gun he grabbed after tossing the rifle aside didn’t work either.

When the battle in the small village of Wanat ended, nine U.S. soldiers lay dead and 27 more were wounded. A detailed study of the attack by a military historian found that weapons failed repeatedly at a “critical moment” during the firefight on July 13, 2008, putting the outnumbered American troops at risk of being overrun by nearly 200 insurgents.
op

Now I've lived with the M4 I liked my first M16A2 better, given a choice I'd rather carry a DMR... I like to reach out and touch people... but I never had any problems with the M4... in the same report they had M249 melting barrels on them during the firefight... Cant speak for the M249 I only ever got to play with the old Ma deuce and that was a blast!!!

the problem is now everyone has these doubts about their weapons... never good to doubt a tool your betting your life on... There has been testing on replacements but the last I read no firm plans to issue anything soon...

You might not like the war but remember to tap Obama on the shoulder and remind him "Support the Troops"

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the videos. Interesting viewing. I've seen similar clips from some of the Aussies in Oruzgan province.

reply to post by DaddyBare

What weapon would you recommend to replace the M4s with?

I'm far from a weapons expert but I know many modern weapons by name at least. Over here we've got the Steyr Aug as standard, and it is far from perfect too.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Some good videos there.

Slayer, you got any info on what exactly Obama is trying to achieve over there.

We already know victory is not part of his agenda.

Yes. I would like to know the same. What exactly is the plan?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

This will be interesting indeed, and ofcurse it doesn't affect American lives so it is OK.

My 5 cents, forgot no 5cents in NZ, make it 10 cents:

Civil war in Pakistan, Peshawer, SWAT, Waziristan. Major human right catasrophy, hudreds of thousands displaced, thousands killed because the Western world is commited in planting its foot deep in Afghan soil.

When did the mission change from Osama to War on Terror, I thought "Obama Scraped 'Global War on Terror' for 'Overseas Contingency Operation'".

Anyways, I see a big catasrophy, but then again Pakistan has no choice.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hoorah! More killing and brave actions from an army with technological, logistical, and superior fire power who shouldn't even be there to begin with! Uhm, how many Afghanis where on those planes during 911? Cough, 0, cough cough. Oh ok, anyway.

Let us watch these glorious videos as patriots of Afghanistan attempt to take back control of their country from a hostile foreign invader who broke U.N. laws in order to invade.

The Russians couldn't bend Afghanistan to it's will and now the stupid State Department is attempting to make the same mistake at a cost of American and Afghani citizens alike!

Whose got the popcorn?

Go patriots go! Go patriots go!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 3DPrisoner

The thing is my family is in Afghanistan, and my Uncle's wife's relatives are in Pakistan, they are pashtoons, she is worried as much as I'm. WOW good job America, ruining two countries in one war, I love it.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by 3DPrisoner

The thing is my family is in Afghanistan, and my Uncle's wife's relatives are in Pakistan, they are pashtoons, she is worried as much as I'm. WOW good job America, ruining two countries in one war, I love it.

I hope you did not miss all of my sarcasm here. You have my absolute sympathies. It's posts like this one that really p#ss me off. The glorification of violence and oppression is the height of human folly in my opinion.

Many people are asking what we are doing over there right now. The answer is making some rich crooks in the Defence Industrial Complex more wealthy by the day. I wouldn't want their karma for all the money in the world.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by 3DPrisoner]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3DPrisoner
I hope you did not miss all of my sarcasm here. You have my absolute sympathies. It's posts like this one that really p#ss me off. The glorification of violence and oppression is the height of human folly in my opinion.

I am simply posting whats happening. Reporting whats going on is a far cry from glorifying war. If that's your take on it then so be it. Would you prefer censorship and not allow the public to see whats really happening?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The war in Iraq and Afghanistan are just as useless as the Persian Gulf War, Vietnam war, World War 1, World War 2, etc "insert war here"...

Nothing will be accomplished by the Elite agenda.

However, this time around the U.S. economy will crumble (which is the real agenda), and a NWO will be placed, and then we will all realize we are One.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Well to answer your question let me first say there is a conflict of opinions between the Army and Marines over this weapon...

“USMC officials said the M4 malfunctioned three times more often than the M16A4 during an assessment conducted in late summer 2002 for Marine Corps Systems Command at Quantico, VA. Malfunctions were broken down into several categories, including “magazine,” “failure to chamber,” “failure to fire,” “failure to extract” and “worn or broken part,” according to the briefing documents. During the comparison, the M4 failed 186 times across those categories over the course of 69,000 rounds fired. The M16A4 failed 61 times during the testing.

The Army conducted a more recent reliability test between October 2005 and April 2006, which included 10 new M16s and 10 new M4s…. On average, the new M16s and M4s fired approximately 5,000 rounds between stoppages, according to an Army official who asked that his name not be released.”
the army doesn't think a replacement is needed...

The Marines tested and approved the Heckler & Koch G36 as a replacement. they even sent out a purchase contract but congress killed it Heckler & Koch G36

Not to be left out the army tested the XM29 OICW very Buck Rodgers Star Wars like... didn't work and the replacement program ended so nothing is in the pipe....

In either case the biggest crime is not to give our people the best equipment we can... no mothers son should die because his rifle jams

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Thanks for the very informative reply also for posting the links.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

No biggie.. see my last duty station before I retired was at Quantico... easy duty, just shoot cool toys all day
My name was attached to a lot of those reports so I just know things most others never knew... make that should have known but didn't want to spend the money on...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join