It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of hearing about government "disclosure"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
For the record, I've never seen a UFO, or funky lights in the sky. But as it's been said before, the cosmos would be a lot of wasted space if humans on earth were the only sentient beings.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about government disclosure. All they have to offer is just a bunch of blurry photos and old stories that speculate and prove nothing.

Why do we need governments for disclosure? If there are other sentient, intelligent beings out there, why don't they just show up instead of playing this hide and seek game?

Is there some sort of Star Trek-like rule of non-interference? But there's a catch 22. How do we know if a non-interference rule exists when the ETs refuse to show up with normal people and have rational, intelligent discussions?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Amen.

This is what I have been saying for a while. Its not up to the Gov. The only thing up to them is keeping their own "secret" stuff "secret," so they can do all kinds of crap and make us sick.

If Aliens are here, and they are that powerful (which I fully believe) then it is up to them more then anyone else.

The only thing that makes me suspicious is that they don't bother. They seemingly have better things to do like "peeping" in windows and showing up late at night in bedrooms.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceara
For the record, I've never seen a UFO, or funky lights in the sky. But as it's been said before, the cosmos would be a lot of wasted space if humans on earth were the only sentient beings.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about government disclosure. All they have to offer is just a bunch of blurry photos and old stories that speculate and prove nothing.

Why do we need governments for disclosure? If there are other sentient, intelligent beings out there, why don't they just show up instead of playing this hide and seek game?

Is there some sort of Star Trek-like rule of non-interference? But there's a catch 22. How do we know if a non-interference rule exists when the ETs refuse to show up with normal people and have rational, intelligent discussions?

I agree with you as far as the thread title. But something is better than nothing!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Because Gene Rodenberry was an alien? Everybody has the rules wrong. Disclosure and first contact happens when a civilization finds the Higgs Boson. "Warp drive" is just a storywriter's code for that landmark event.

I'm tired of being tired of being tired. It's really wearing me thin. If everyone would work together for the common good by putting their minds' intents to getting the LHC online, we could get this over with. Those paths were the collider works in the grand cosmological hyperdimensional superstructure are not "visible" to low-vibrational consciousness. Only selfless thinking allows them to be tread and thus realized into manifestation.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

the thing about (true) government disclosure is that we don't know what they have or what they know.

we don't need disclosure to confirm what we already know. we need their information to know whats been hidden from us.

disclosure is not vital (and most of probably wouldn't completely trust anything our government would claim to tell us).
but in a perfect world a country of the people wouldn't fear the people knowing the truth.

when and if other being unveil themselves to us - and agree it will likely be a choice they make - it would be nice if humans had the all knowledge available to best respond and adapt.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I can and do understand what you are talking about. Oh, Brazil and France promised disclosure. Nothing has been disclosed. Nothing more than whatever others have recorded. Nothing exceptional. No proof. Of anything, Just more crap and no disclosure or proof of anything other than videos of some strange things that can be denied, or not. lol.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

well i don't see anything suspicious at all. I don't see why they would bother contacting us yet. We can't even act together as one race, our world is divided and war is everywhere. When i look at the state the world is in, it makes me glad that we still haven't sent colonies to the moon and mars. We as a species have definately not earned the right to spread our disease to other places. I'm so glad we can't do that yet, but if we do gain the technology to colonize other planets, and if aliens are watching us, you can be sure they will come out of hiding to stop us from doing that. WE are so egotisctical to think that they would have any good reason to WANT us to know they are there!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
As an aside, any Disclosure rendered by the government would be deemed a lie by anyone who believes anything different anyway. They would likely not disclose (by choice, or amount of actual info) enough information to satisfy everyone, and the information they provide would likely not be what some believe, so they would call it a lie.

Either way, I think we're on our own.

S+F, OP. Good thread.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by EsSeeEye]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius
well i don't see anything suspicious at all. I don't see why they would bother contacting us yet. We can't even act together as one race, our world is divided and war is everywhere. When i look at the state the world is in, it makes me glad that we still haven't sent colonies to the moon and mars.

My original post was inspired by David Wilcock's statement on C2C about disclosure before the end of 2009 with two hour television slots scheduled. Then I watched the newest Jordan Maxwell interview with Project Camelot (which once again really didn't say much at all and felt like story time around the campfire) and Jordan mentions the new V series that begins in November. Is that our disclosure? (sarcasm)

Why do none of the interviews and videos prove anything? Feels like wasted time and energy to me. Yet I cannot help but watch them, hoping for something tangible and continually disappointed.

I agree with you. Most humans can't even agree on what to have for supper.

As the band Rush has in one of their songs, "Half the world hates what half the world does every day."

I just get sad when I look at the stars at night, wondering if there is anything else out there and why have I not had any experiences. It would be cool to have a nice conversation with a positive-oriented ET and try to understand what's happening.

Sometimes I think there is nothing "out there" at all and it feels lonely being stuck on this floating marble with no real knowledge of other intelligent life in the cosmos.

I also wish they'd get LHC going. I find it so fascinating. But it seems they have nothing but problems. Sabotage? Or just bad luck? I guess that's another discussion for another thread.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

I don't think government disclsure is going to change anything. The UK has opened thier files as has Mexico and it doesn't seem like a big deal. I think it's a moot point now.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Aliens will not speak to the masses because we are not ready. We're too busy getting fat and watching 'reality' TV to care about higher spiritual awareness.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm tired of hearing about Transparentcy and when you call them on it's classified... what's trasparent about Classifying everything thats transparent...?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Wasn't it David Wilcock who said, "Disclose, or we'll make it really uncomfortable for you..." ? Can't recall.

Well, I guess here's the pea under the mattresses coming very soon.

So the gov't releases some (nowhere near all) stuff they have that makes people go, "Oooh!" but also throw in some clever debunking and the MSM drop it, and everyone sleeps well.
Except if the David Wilcocks of the world have a really, really annoying pea in the shape of some damning evidence.

Disclosure doesn't belong to the government. It doesn't belong to any one country. It doesn't belong to any one individual.
So long as we're kept attacking each other, we'll never ALL come together on this.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
We can't always wait for the government handouts right? The government supposedly salvaged/caught/etc. them and some of them are still out there. Let's just catch ourselves some UFOs.

top topics

join