It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supernova Shock Wave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I have read on other boards that a super nova shock wave, also known as a "supernova wave front" maybe even this one shown below, is affecting our solar system and is the reason for the sun acting strange and the heating up of our planets which is evident by the poles melting. The pressuer wave has caused dust and comets to move from the Oort Cloud and the Kuiper Belt into the inner planets and may be why we are seeing so many now.

Seventeen years ago, astronomers spotted the brightest stellar explosion ever seen since the one observed by Johannes Kepler 400 years ago. Called SN 1987A, the titanic supernova explosion blazed with the power of 100,000,000 suns for several months following its discovery on Feb. 23, 1987. Although the supernova itself is a million times fainter than 17 years ago, a new light show in the space surrounding it is just beginning.

hubblesite.org...

I found this interesting bit...

The Amateur Astronomy Foundation has some free online courses in
astrophysics. One course in particular outlines what happens when a
supernova wave front hits the Oord Cloud and the Kuiper Belt located in the
outer reaches our solar system. The effect is clearly a disruption of dust
and comets surrounding the solar system, and a heating and compression of
the solar system as a whole. The compression kicks dust particles and comets
from the surrounding Oord Cloud and Kuiper Belt into the central solar
system.

Maybe all this talk about planet X and Earth changes are really a cover for this?

Remember June 19th to 20th is rumored to be the first impact of some of these effects.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
And we're seeing this 160,017 years later...

Sigh. Space is REALLY BIG.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
From what I've read and my intuition says we are going to really feel this one. All I can do is pray for the best and find a good location to watch the show with.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It would not be from that supernova, it resides in the Large Magellanic Cloud, it's not even in the Milky Way.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I saw on tv something about Hypernova's

an explosion of one of them 3000 light years away would destroy life en earth due to all the radiation

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Hypernovas have never been proved to exist. they are theoretical explosions and a proposed explanation to the gamma ray bursts.

new topics

top topics

join