It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Money Trick...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
this is an extract from one of my favorite book's The Ragged Trousered Philanthropist's by Robert Tressell. It's an audio reading from the book regarding The Great Money Trick.

some may find this interesting other's not so, just putting it out there.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Whoops, I just accidentally clicked ignore there

Fixed it now.

Having a listen to it now.

I wrote a thread that is in my signature about the same topic (money) if you fancy reading something.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It pretty much sums up the entire situation. How often have we heard the "You should have been thrifty like me and saved." remark? As much as some will disagree with this I think it should go on the "mandatory" viewing recommendations.

Alas, I don't think that the people that need to view it the most will understand it well enough to consider their position and actions.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
And just where did the money this evil capitalist used to buy the raw material, and machinery, and buildings needed to produce goods from the raw material come from?
If the products built by the workers for the capitalist dont sell are the workers required to give back their pay?
If the workers find that they think they can create a better product from the same raw materials than the capitalist, are they forbidden to start doing so on their own?
Once the workers start producing a new better product and hiring people to work for them to produce these goods, do they now by default become capitalist?
If the workers for the evil capitalist find a job that pays more than the current capitalist pays are they forbidden to take it?
Lets say one of the workers is better at his job than the others and the evil capitalist seeing that he can make more money because of this hard worker gives him a raise. Does this mean the rest of the workers should also be given raises?
If the evil capitalist only pays 1 pound and the necessities of life cost one pound then what would be the result of the capitalist closing his plant? would the workers cost of the necessities of life go to zero? Of course not! they would still cost a pound. the only thing that would change is that the workers now would be unable to afford the basic necessities.
Capitalism is the only true economic structure that free independent men can abide. Free men, trading with other free men to the advantage of both. Neither man forcing the other to go against his own best interest.

Its simple to see that the entire premise this little money trick is based on is flawed from the very beginning!

new topics

top topics

join