It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic electricity discovered!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Great News they are admitting to new tech. Now hopefully they will let us use its potential but seriously doubt it.

There is still plenty of oil to burn so do you seriously think the oil corporations will let some scientists ruin it all for them.

Its like any other energy invention, they hold it back then tell us its more trouble producing it then just using oild thats there and available to all.

Think about it ...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The article is misleading. What the researchers are playing with are *not* magnetic monopoles, despite their use of the name. They are molecule-sized particles that have some of the properties of magnetic monopoles. Big difference. Check here for a more accurate article.

I don't know why people are saying this is "old" technology. The physical realities these guys are playing with are as old as the Universe, but the means to explore and manipulate them are new.

This isn't new physics so much as it is new technology, a way to form a material in which certain molecules behave as though they were magnetic monopoles. The search for real magnetic monopoles continues. If they are ever discovered, it will be big news indeed.

[Edit:] Oh, yeah. This is not some kind of new source of energy. It may conceivably be a new way to transmit energy, though that doesn't appear likely. However, it is not a source of energy.

You're not going to see free energy.

[edit on 10/14/2009 by chiron613]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is complete BS. Bogus nonsense.

It does not work!

I read up on the "spin ice". Spin Ice

A spin ice is a material where the behavior of the magnetic moments in the material is analogous to the behavior of the protons in water ice.

So my thought was it happens with Water and Ice.

I was getting ready to have a Crown and Coke. So I took the ice in my glass and added water. Then I stuck a light bulb in it.
Nothing........

I was sooooo dissappointed, that I added an extra shot of Crown in that one.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
As a theoretical physicist who worked with Julian Schwinger, a Nobel Prize winner and one of the three founders of quantum electrodynamics, I can assure you that this experimental research has NOT discovered the magnetic monopole first theorized by British physicist, Paul Dirac. Creating localised conditions inside crystals that behave as though they possess magnetic charge is not the same as generating magnetic monopole counterparts of the electron. Science journalists love to exaggerate......

Thanks for that point of view. It's hard for me to tell when they are exaggerating, although I see the same misunderstandings and exaggerations whenever journalists talk about inventions in areas I am familiar with like electronics and computers.

So would you say that magnetic monopoles *still* remain to be experimentally observed?

-rrr

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
one name: Edward Leedskalnin

He figured out nearly 100 years ago what was common knowledge in the ancient world.
Now some scientists figured out part of it.
Kinda stoked its in the media, but don't think TPTB will let it get very far.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Here is some serious input.

Tesla.
What Telsa did was to create AC (Alternating Current) with positive Engergy. Years later he found out that this was very inefficient as Negative energy was the best model to follow. He spent the rest of his life to try and convince all to change the system.
He was murderd when he try to make contact with FDR in 1943 to get this done.

Here is what he was working on.

To show Tesla’s intent to give the world cheap clean energy extracted freely from the active medium, here are some appropriate Tesla quotations:

"Electric power is everywhere present in unlimited quantities and can drive the world's machinery without the need of coal, oil, gas, or any other of the common fuels." [Nikola Tesla].
"Ere many generations pass, our machinery will be driven by a power obtainable at any point in the universe. This idea is not novel... We find it in the delightful myth of Antheus, who derives power from the earth; we find it among the subtle speculations of one of your splendid mathematicians...Throughout space there is energy. Is this energy static or kinetic? If static our hopes are in vain; if kinetic – and this we know it is, for certain – then it is a mere question of time when men will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of nature." [Nikola Tesla, in a speech in New York to the American Institute of Electrical Engineers, 1891. Quoted from his biography, Margaret Cheney, Tesla: Man Out of Time].
"We have to evolve means for obtaining energy from stores which are forever inexhaustible, to perfect methods which do not imply consumption and waste of any material whatever. I now feel sure that the realization of that idea is not far off. ...the possibilities of the development I refer to, namely, that of the operation of engines on any point of the earth by the energy of the medium..." [Nikola Tesla, during an address in 1897 commemorating his installation of generators at Niagara Falls.].
"Whatever our resources of primary energy may be in the future, we must, to be rational, obtain it without consumption of any material." [Nikola Tesla, 1900].

Here is a more of write up of what happened to Tesla.

Nikola Tesla was ultimately murdered in 1943 when he attempted to make contact with FDR regarding 'energy extraction from the active medium' currently known as the 'vacuum of space-time' (in its virtual state) and ZPE (in the observable state). It was obviously feared that since Einstein was able to influence FDR to mobilize the 'atomic energy paradigm' with a massive 'governmental' effort, then quite possibly Tesla would have enabled just such a program for 'energy from the active medium' currently known as 'Energy From The Vacuum.'

Adam Trombly: "I have never mentioned this before, but when I spoke at the 1981 Conference at the University of Toronto, a detective, an older gentleman from New York, with a heavy New York accent, approached me afterwards and said that he was a detective at the time when Tesla had been found dead, and said he was involved with the investigation.

He said for National Security reasons, that nobody was to know that the Coroners report had indicated he had been poisoned.

I have never personally read the Coroner’s report, but the man was about the right age. He showed me a badge and I had no reason to doubt this man who had come all the way up to Toronto from New York, just to tell somebody after all those years.

The Coroner’s report did say he had been poisoned. Now it turns out that the only medium to my knowledge it actually cites that Tesla had been poisoned is the Yugoslavian film on Nikola Tesla called, "The Secret of Nikola Tesla." So everybody can rewatch the introduction, because they say it right at the beginning. And they also say perhaps that he was killed by the Nazi’s."

source

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yes I wrote about this on ATS long ago.

I have been studying Edward Leedskalnin for a long time now. Ed Leedskalnin wrote a book called "Magnetic Current".

I re-discovered what he did, I even talked about it on ATS, however I didn't get into too much detail. I have been keeping quiet about it though, because there is much more to the knowledge than meets the eye.

Basically, magnetism and electricity are the same thing.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I saw some very interesting video of a physicist who posits that the Tetragrammaton (the 4 letter name of God in the bible) referred to a device.

He theorized it was based on a tetrahedral crystalline shape - and was a source of both magnetic and electrical energy.

Seems interesting that these monopoles should spring from a pyramid shape - that I am only assuming is a tetrahedral pyramid shape?

He tied in a lot of interesting archeological information, and was very fringe - but discussed the idea that they existed in Atlantis - used by ET's who removed them when they moved their civilization away.

SO the Ark of the Covenant was simply a box to protect people from the radiation produced by the artifact - and it was use of the artifact that divided the waters of the Red Sea and Jordan.

Just an interesting coincidence - or was he onto something? Cant remember the guys name - he was fairly far out - and had a series of youtube video's.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Also, the military has known about this for a very long time. It is just far too simplistic for them to have overlooked.

They may be dumb, but they are not That dumb.

Nice to hear they are finally admitting it to the public though! Only 500 more years of being milked dry before they let us actually use it

Yep, that is the first thing I thought too; this is what the UFOs and Black Triangles use, and since it means cheaper or more abundant energy, we'll never see it practically applied, it will be bought and locked in a vault never to be remembered again.

Hopefully not, but I am not holding my breath anymore for a flying Jetsons spacecar.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Check out my old thread:

Magnet Battery:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is more there than meets the eye. Knowledge not yet known to all.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If electrical current can be passed magnetically, can you then apply Tesla's resonant coupling to this technology and pull juice from any electromagnetic organism?

Such as the human body?

I wonder what applications this could have in say... fiber optics?

Furthermore, there was a thread around here earlier mentioning that someone has created a "black hole" that doesn't really act like a black hole. The device is just a very coy light-trap.

So, could you link these two technologies and say, gather light at point A and send it instantaneously to point B miles away based on either magnetics or optics and have it generate energy?

If so, this is revolutionary indeed.

Edit - This is the kind of work that will win you a DESERVED Nobel Prize.
And yeah, I would venture that Tesla technologies, although not directly linked, could be applied to this to the betterment of all.

But we know what happened to Tesla.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I can definately see a link between this and Leedskalnin and Tesla...

Transference of soundwaves from a speaker, for instance, to a point-specific point amplified through other gadgetry...

Hmmm...

Of course, I am but a layman in these specifics, but we also know that academia doesn't touch on them either.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Guys,
Read the basics here:
"The Guillot device generated about 2.5-3 Kilowatts with antenna height of ~ 20 meters. Power depends on the total collector surface and height of the vertical antenna. The apparatus in the photo produced ~300 watts with a collector 2 meters tall."
This is "doable" as they say!
Link below :
www.rexresearch.com...

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Nairda]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This is great information indeed, I've always been amazed by Tesla's work. However this has reminded me of a product I've seen advertised and am wondering if anyone can tell me if it is based off the same principles.

The product is a magnetic strip that you can place your cell phone, Ipod or any other device on and it will charge it with no wires attached. I don't recall the name of the device, but the IMac laptops are also using magnets to charge them. You plug the adaptor in the wall and instead of plugging it into the laptop, it just attaches via a magnetic end.

On a side note: Im a LONG time reader and this subject has prompted me to join in.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
And below an article in french and czech(oslovakia)n if someone can transalate and post.
Thanks
www.rexresearch.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
As others mentioned in this thread. Ed Leedskalnin based his theories on the term "Magnetic current". Think i must read his book again and compare his work to this "new" discovery.
Electric, magnetic, gravity = the same thing? Hmm..

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Ummmm Tesla...anyone.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
And using the same principle you have a -guess what?-UFO or Star Trek intergalactic ship !!!
no disclosure needed - is here :
www.rexresearch.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asuka 24
One person who comes to mind when I think of this subject:

Nikola Tesla

en.wikipedia.org...

thats exactly what i thought lol

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Asuka 24