It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Even Get Blatant Fnording Here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Seriously. I've been seeing this piece of advertizing out everywhere online, and even on this site.

I've been waiting for someone to note the blatant advertizing mind control technique used on it. Nothing.

Obey. You want to look good?

Obey.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/da8fa517232bc51c.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 2009/10/13 by Aeons]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
dont forget it must work "as seen on CNN / BBC"

i think its ironic this website has so many pro government information links in the ads, when the majority of us are decidedly anti government propaganda.

lols all round

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Maybe the amount of ads around the site are there to serve purpose of why we are here and what we are about.

It's nice to meet you OKAMITENGU, you sir have your mind well and truly open.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

ATs does not choose the ads that run on their website, however they are the primary source of revenue.

If you have problems with an add, you may use the suggestions/complaints tab in your extended profile to give the mods and staff a heads up and they will look into it.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It is up to the "staff" and owner of the board.

I am pointing this out more as an example of blatant mind control advertizing. I mean, seriously, unbelievably, smack you in the face, pee on your shoes, blatant. The ad doesn't even make SENSE, it is so blatant.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Even if ATS doesnt decide whats ads go up...they can make them less 'eye-catching' instead of them screaming at you to use their product. There are sites out there where the ads are just word's that describe the product.

Eh...maybe i'm wrong but thats what came to mind first for me.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure at all about that advert being "mind control" or at least its effectiveness.
The very fact that almost everyone that visits this website (I assume) would instantly recognise it as just another weight loss /genital enlargement / free shipping pharmaceutical drugs spam advert would in my view severely limit its use as a psychological tool.
I mean did you feel the need to go on some diet program after looking at it or feel the need to live your life in a healthier more productive N.W.O wage slave manner?

[edit on 13/10/09 by Scotlandshope]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Ah, I contend that the product doesn't matter. The message matters.
The product is a vehicle for the MESSAGE, not the other way around.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
What's wrong, are too many fat people scared of recognising their problem?

For christ sake don't be dummies and ignore the crap if you don't like it. You don't have to bloody click it, and you don't have to buy bloody crap from it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You can ignore it.

However, your mind still takes it in.

This is the beauty of it.

You don't need it, but your brain still brings the message in.

Because you aren't engaging yourself actively to assess the information, you aren't critically filtering it.

Part of your brain is collecting it, storing it, analysing it for threat / instinct, and then regulating it to something you don't need to pay attention to.

But it your brain sees it over and over, it eventually moves from this process into mid term storage.

(obey).

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
They should post a pic of my gut, the after was about 20yrs ago and the before is now
Apart from this post as I'm a regular visitor round here I know where I want to go, so I don't tend to see any ads.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
They should post a pic of my gut, the after was about 20yrs ago and the before is now
Apart from this post as I'm a regular visitor round here I know where I want to go, so I don't tend to see any ads.

You see them. You don't actively note them on your conscious mind.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

The woman was fat maybe should should have been brainwashed into taking off some pounds. hehe

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Sorry I saw them because of this here thread, otherwise nope not really taking anything in, my eyes and mind are selective

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
They allow us to do what we do without having to spend coin. Sorry to say if you mind cannot be swayed from these ads try some mental discipline.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Advertizing works. Your assumption that you are impervious to it is nothing but silly bravado.

If you aren't specifically intentionally criticially examining what you see, then you are being impacted by it.

If advertizing didn't work, it wouldn't be a multi-billion dollar industry now would it.

Mental discipline means that you are media AWARE. Not media snotty.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Nor was I trying to imply that . I was remarking on the assumption that every advert you see affects you to some degree or is absorbed and subconciuosly stored.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Ah, I contend that the product doesn't matter. The message matters.
The product is a vehicle for the MESSAGE, not the other way around.

The media is the message.

Advertizing is a vehicle to sell products and services. We all know that.

However, sometimes the products IS a message. To bring that message to you, it needs a vehicle.

The message here is very apparent, and has NOTHING to do with the service/product.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
reply to post by Aeons

Nor was I trying to imply that . I was remarking on the assumption that every advert you see affects you to some degree or is absorbed and subconciuosly stored.

Most advertizing will be noticed. You may not be AWARE of it, but your brain takes it in all the same.

If your brain just randomly didn't take in sensory input, that would be a very stupid thing for it to do.

That your mind doesn't raise it up to your executive level, doesn't mean you didn't take the message in.

Repetition will make you store it eventually. Even if you never critically analyze it at all.

Why on Earth would you think that your brain would just randomly obliterate sensory input? For you to ignore it, you would actually have to process it on some level to assign it as something you can ignore.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

depends on the absorption level...no dice

top topics

<<   2 >>

join