It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis made to drink Uranium enriched juice?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Israelis made to drink Uranium enriched juice?

russiatoday.com

Juice laced with uranium is just one of many clinical trials allegedly conducted at Israel’s Negev nuclear plant, claims investigative journalist Yossi Melman.

Melman has accused the plant's management of forcing its workers to take part in life-threatening experiments for the sake of nuclear developments.

Read more

They also claim the government and the military are involved in a cover-up of the tests.

It’s taken a decade for them to speak out, but workers at Israel’s nuclear reactor facility claim their managers gave them uranium to drink – as part of an experiment. With no medical supervision or explanation of the risks, the workers now want compensation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-10-2009 by andrewh7]

ADMIN EDIT: Fixed title to properly reflect the title of the article.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Crakeur]

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Posting Your Opinion: Use the comments field for your opinion, spin, or other commentary on the news article. Opinions posted in the snippet section may cause your submission to be deleted.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by andrewh7]

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
God, how horrible, I wonder why these kinds of inhuman "scientific tests" sound so familiar.

My dad gave me a piece of advice once, even though it was in regards to the military:

"Never volunteer for anything."

(although this is from a Russian site, for what it's worth)

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Why would anyone volunteer for any kind of experiment connected to such a facility?
What did they think the experiment would be related to?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they did do this, all developed nations make such disgusting demands of their own people, and they get away with it too.

Israel would be no different.

Brave people standing up to them though.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
not the first time is it.

the germans did it the americans did it .. and i am guessing the russians did it also.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
What says they're not testing the correct amount to put into our drinking water supplies just enough to cause cancer but just enough not to be detected.

scuM of the earth!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Maybe this is the beginning of approving Iran's membership to the SCO.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This sounds like a load of hot, steaming nonsense. Why on Earth would anyone offer "uranium drinks" to anyone? Why would they jeopardize someone's health? The connection between ionizing radiation and cancer is well established.

This certainly wouldn't have been a scientific test. That would have required more careful control of the environment, close observation of the subjects, and frequent testing, among many other things. They certainly wouldn't have just given a couple of people a drink and then move on.

Uranium is a heavy metal, meaning it is poisonous all by itself, even without the radiation. Giving someone a significant amount of uranium would cause heavy metal poisoning, which resembles lead poisoning (lead is a heavy metal).

This whole thing just strikes me as being too silly to be true.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
What were the side effects the workers experienced after drinking?
Death?

line incase

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Those crazy Israelis eh... when they're not poisoning wells, stealing childrens' spleens, drinking Muslims' blood, they're forcing people to drink uranium!

Seriously, peoples' propensity to believe anything negative about Israelis is astonishing.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

As is people's propensity to defend Israel, no matter how horrible the accusation.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Im calling BS on this aswell...there is little point in such a test,i can't see any atleast.If there was an actual point to such a study i wouldn't put it past them to do this as practically every country has been involved in something or other when it comes to the harmful effects on the general populace.But juice laced with uranium?...im not buying it.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Doesn't sound any different than many of the tests the Nazis performed on their prisoners. Nor does it sound much different from some of the tests the Japanese conducted on their Chinese prisoners around the same time.

We know the US government tests everything on anyone willing to volunteer. Maybe you never heard the story of the US government keeping "volunteers" in comas induced by massive doses of '___', dosages that had to be doubled or tripled every couple days to keep them in that state.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Im calling BS on this aswell...there is little point in such a test,i can't see any atleast.If there was an actual point to such a study i wouldn't put it past them to do this as practically every country has been involved in something or other when it comes to the harmful effects on the general populace.But juice laced with uranium?...im not buying it.

I would say there is a point to such a test (I'm not commenting on the validity of the report here - just the idea of the tests).

Something I personally am quite worried about is the food and water in the aftermath of any nuke attack.... Because well, even if your particular country is hit, unless it's a complete and total obliteration - odds on you will be a survivor, that's just basic numbers.

Now the water and the food, even the clothes you wear and the objects you handle in daily life - the buses, the trains, the pavements - all contaminated with radioactive dust - months after, the wind will blow through a tree and still there will be radioactive particles.... Particles with a half life of maybe many thousands of years.

So in a detached and inhuman way I can see how these test's would yield 'useful' data.... And just say that the tests did happen.... You can bet your bottom dollar that 'friendly' countries to Israel got a copy of the results - that there is pay dirt.

Sick but probably true - remember a huge secret in medicine is the ways quite a lot of treatments were devised/tested - case in point the Nazi doctors, every doctor knows some of their knoledge came from cruelty - but now it's open knoledge how can you refuse to use it to cure the ill?

Like I mentioned - I had to type this in a detached and inhuman way... me personally I think this is sick (although I don't really rust the scource).

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
In the 50's the US and Britain ordered their sailors onto the ships deck to test nuclear explosions only a few dozen miles away.

It's quite possible that any military is capable of some crazy stunts to test effects of radiation, but being from a Russian source I would have to say it's probably highly exaggerated possibly in revenge for the Israeli official leaking the meeting between Netanyu and Medvedev where the Israeli's claim they gave the Russians a list of Russian scientists selling or helping with nuclear/weapons components to Iran. Are both sides just using propaganda? Maybe, or maybe one has more truth than the other. Good luck in ever finding out!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Firstly they volunteered, secondly I don't see any evidence of health consequences, and thirdly Western nations have been doing this (and worse) for decades.

From the Tuskegee Syphilis tests in the US, to the Porton Down testing of nerve agents on soldiers in the UK (which caused at least one death) and unknown thousands of deaths in the former Soviet Union resulting from tests on political prisoners, we all have our fingers in this particular pie.

To be honest the Israeli tests sound fairly low key, don't forget that people injest radioactive isotopes on a daily basis for Barium tests and other injection based radioactive imagery testing.

If they didn't want to do it, they shouldn't have volunteered.

I wonder what tomorrow's Israeli smear story will be? Palestinian babies made into burgers perhaps.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
Those crazy Israelis eh... when they're not poisoning wells, stealing childrens' spleens, drinking Muslims' blood, they're forcing people to drink uranium!

Seriously, peoples' propensity to believe anything negative about Israelis is astonishing.

Actuall people have proven they have a far greater propensity to DENY and live in DENIAL as opposed to accepting difficult and hard and harsh truths.

Make you a deal Matt Pryor I will say the Israelis are not guilty of this if you can name ONE thing that you don't deny is wrong of Israel or a mistake for them to do.

It seems to me some people have a far greater propensity to believe Israel is incapable of any wrong or mistakes.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor

Peoples' propensity to believe any of Rupert Murdochs Zionistic media outlets is nothing short of astonishing as well...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Uk and usa do the same. So no hypocritical views here please, of how one country is bad.

Uk treat people worse than dogs, when they target you, i have experienced this.

Humans are just trash 95% of them at least.

[edit on 10/12/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I'll happily admit Israel's biggest mistake, and that was unilaterally withdrawing from Gaza in 2005!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join