It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Centaur thermal signature confirmed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The Diviner instrument on board the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter has confirmed the heat signature produced by the impact of the Centaur booster.

The thermal signature of the impact was clearly detected in all four Diviner thermal mapping channels. Since the LCROSS impact feature is predicted to be significantly smaller than a Diviner footprint, its detection is consistent with the notion that the LCROSS impact resulted in significant local heating of the lunar surface.

www.diviner.ucla.edu...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences.

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: Did Diviner actually measure the heat of the crater/s [plural] or could it have measured residual heat the molten slag of the impacter/s that may just have been melted and dispersed by some alien luna laser! Who knows? Either way the awesome technical evidence you provide here Phage is most welcomed!

P.S. Do you have any idea why Hubble is taking so long to release pictures of what they saw happen?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Apparently Hubble did not see what it was hoping to see. They were not looking for the impact or the debris plume, it wouldn't work for that. They were looking for a vapor cloud pretty far from the surface.

Hubble's Wide Field Camera 3 (WFC3) and Space Telescope Imaging Spectrograph (STIS) were pointed just off the southern limb of the Moon to look for a cloud of vaporized material blasted into space by the successive impacts of the rocket booster and spacecraft. The WFC3 images do not show any evidence for a temporary exosphere resulting from the impacts.

www.spaceref.com...

[edit on 10/10/2009 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Disclaimer: As above!

Explanation: I agree!

Personal Disclosure: I'm not surprised that this appears now to have been a little over hyped either by NASA itself and/or the MSM! Maybe NASA or TPTB knew in advance that there would be no "razzle dazzle" and this is just a scam to lower the general public's expectations of them! Do you agree that NASA and the MSM [both tv and web] have handled this PR execise poorly and may have actually increased conspiritorial musings amongst the faceless masses that have to foot the astronomical bill$ [pun intended] for this outlandishness?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes they confirmed this last night in the live feed

Thanks

new topics

top topics

join