It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water related UFO/USO phenomenon: Suboceanic Intelligence?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Have you wondered if James Cameron had it right with his motion picture, The Abyss? Or at least partially right? There is some pretty compelling evidence to suggest that something peculiar may in fact be going on under our oceans. What is it? Who is it? Are these entities terrestrial in origin or are they residing temporarily in confines that are most familiar to them in their own worlds?

This is all very curious speculation of course, but one cannot refute that something is going on in our oceans and at an alarming rate of event occurrence.

Below are some researched published events and situations to corroborate the idea that interest goings on are happening in our very oceans. Perhaps a more formal familiarity with the known evidence might bring us closer to some sort of conclusiveness.

Video of USO incidents

UFO Files - Deep Sea UFOs: Red Alert

Most notable USO cases

The "Devil's Sea" and the Dragon's Triangle located in the Philippine Sea off China's eastern coast is known for vanishing ships and seamen similar to the legendary Bermuda Triangle. While sensational theories for the mysterious disappearances speak of extraterrestrials and lost kingdoms under the sea wreaking havoc, others believe that the region displays the same magnetic anomalies as the Bermuda Triangle. The area, which can be marked off on a map by connecting Japan, Taiwan, and Yap Island, has become known as the Dragon's Triangle after a centuries-old Chinese myth. According to the myth, dragons live deep beneath the surface and their movement can suddenly churn up waves, whirlpools, thick fog, and sudden storms. In 1950, Japanese officials declared the triangle a danger zone for shipping. In 1952, a research vessel, the Kaio Maru No. 5, sent by the Japanese government to investigate the troubled waters, vanished without a trace, and 22 crewmen and nine scientists were lost. Like the Bermuda Triangle, the Devil's Triangle area may be volatile, subject to sudden weather changes and ocean swells not yet understood. Undersea volcanoes are believed to influence the area's sudden environmental changes. Others cite mikakunin hiko-buttai, Japanese for UFOs.

Source

The Dragon's Triangle Most of us are familiar with the area in the northwestern Atlantic Ocean known as the Bermuda Triangle, or the Devil’s Triangle. There is another 500,000 square mile area with a similar reputation, off the southern coast of Japan, in the Pacific Ocean. It is called the Pacific Bermuda Triangle, or the Dragon’s Triangle, because in ancient times the Japanese thought the odd occurrences were caused by dragons living in the water. Reports of disappearing planes and ships in the area are actually more numerous than in the Bermuda Triangle, which oddly enough, lies directly across the globe on the same latitude line. Since WWII, over fifteen hundred vessels and hundreds of aircrafts have disappeared in the area. Compasses become inaccurate, or stop working completely. Clocks change time. Boats and airplanes are found to be miles off course in mere seconds. Hundreds of sightings of Unidentified Flying Objects and Unidentified Submerged Objects have been reported. Over the last 100 years, unmanned ghost ships, considered evil in Japanese lore, have also been reported.

Source and rest of story

Shag Harbor, Nova Scotia

An extraordinary event in 1967 would practically put the small fishing village of Shag Harbor on the map. Located at the southern tip of Nova Scotia, this rural community would be host to one of the best documented UFO events of the past 40 years. Named after the "shag," a bird of the cormorant family, the harbor was literally left off most maps of the time, but that would be changed once and for all. The tiny fishing community has always had its stories... stories of giant sea serpents, man-eating squid, and ghost ships. The list of local color would see one more addition to its list: a story of a visit of a mysterious flying craft of unknown origin. This craft would visit the waters of Shag Harbor, permanently stamping the village's name in the public eye. The first indication of this mysterious occurrence would come from local residents who noticed strange orange lights in the sky on the night of October 4, 1967. Most witnesses agreed that there were four orange lights that evening. Five teenagers watched these lights flash in sequence, and then suddenly dive in a 45 degree angle toward the water's surface. The witnesses were surprised that the lights did not dive into the water, but seemed to float on the water, approximately one-half mile from the shore. Witnesses at first thought they were watching a tragic airplane crash, and quickly reported as much to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, which was located at Barrington Passage. Coincidently, RCMP Constable Ron Pound had already witnessed the strange lights himself as he drove down Highway 3 in route to Shag Harbor. Pound felt that he was seeing 4 lights, all attached to one flying craft. He estimated the craft to be about 60 feet long.

Source and rest of story

Is there anything to be made of accounts and claims like the picture above? According to this fella's Message Board entry at UFO Casebook there is. The U.S. Navy was involved a rather extension USO Hunt. Read this account:

A few weeks ago I came into possession of information relating to the greatest submarine hunt in history. It occurred during the Eisenhower years. A determined attempt has been made by the US Government to conceal all the details, and so the facts I recount here come from another source. I am presenting this thread in two sections, for the important occurrences are separated by many years. The reader will forgive me I hope for the personal involvement in Parts One and Two, which explain my interest. PART ONE In 1986 I discovered in a second-hand bookshop at Greenwich, London a copy of Wolfgang Hirschfeld's wartime memoir "Feindfahrten" (Neff Verlag, Vienna, 1983). Hirschfeld (1915 - 2003) had been senior radio operator aboard U-234. This latter boat sailed from Kiel for Norway and Japan in March 1945. I contacted Hirschfeld and we agreed to work jointly on producing his book for the English-language market. UK publishers like US support for this kind of book, and we found a great deal of resistance - "a very cold wind" - to having it published in the United States.

Source and rest of story

So there must be something to it all if the Military is actively involved in a hunt or search for these objects or their alleged underwater bases or possibly the residents of a species not yet known to us sharing this very Earth.

Thank you for taking the ride with me on this very interesting aspect of UFO/USO research.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

There is some pretty compelling evidence to suggest that something peculiar may in fact be going on under our oceans.

I watched the videos and i didnt see a single scrap of evidence of the existence of USO's. It was just a bunch of story's , theories and speculations. There wasn't even any pics of crafts underwater and most of the witness accounts talk about seeing things above water.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose

There is some pretty compelling evidence to suggest that something peculiar may in fact be going on under our oceans.

I watched the videos and i didnt see a single scrap of evidence of the existence of USO's. It was just a bunch of story's. There wasn't even any pics of crafts underwater.

Well having been a soldier (SGT, 95B-Combat MP w/top secret clearance: I guarded nukes in Fulda Gap, Germany and was in one of 3 MP Batts. that oversaw the deconstruction of the Berlin Wall in it's initial phase at Checkpoint C in 1989) I have a tendency to give Military accounts high cred as they as a rule come from disciplined and trained minds in observation and reporting. Skills I use to this day as a Government Security Officer. Some, not all, would consider credible accounts such as this as evidential in nature. You, of course, can decide on your own what qualifies as evidence for you.

Thank you for your input.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

which Military account are you talking about exactly? The one in the last video is from a magazine. The video just tries to make it look like an official report by zooming in on the text. But when the cam pull back you see its just a story on the page of a magazine.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

reply to post by redwoodjedi

which Military account are you talking about exactly?

The Navy Hunt account posted on the UFO Casebook Message Board was compelling to me. It resonated with me from a military standpoint to the point where I would almost bet the individual that posted was military himself.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Well thats not a military report then is it? Your just speculating. Im starting to doubt the credentials your volunteering now.

Why not use your top level clearance to get something more credible than UFO Hunters and the ufo casebook?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Well thats not a military report then is it? Your just speculating. Im starting to doubt the credentials your volunteering now.

Wow...Your doubting my credentials based on an opinion that I had on a post that I considered compelling to my person (obviously or I wouldn't have posted it). Hmm..

Well I just looked at my DD214 to make sure I didn't miss anything...Nope! It's all there as I stated it. Why would you doubt my Military Service and that kinda pi$$es me off by the way because I didn't serve willingly to have anyone take a snip at me unjustifiably although that is certainly your right to do so, and I would have died for that right you're exercising, I just may not have agreed with how you used it.

I guess I just do not understand how you made the leap from OP topic to a personal attack on me when none was taken against you. Most curious and I am now wondering what pi$$ed you off. I will look at your profile to see where you live most of the time on this Site and that may tell me something.

This is as far off topic as I will get as I value all input and would like to see more but would hate to have it detracted because of a negative vibe in the thread.

Cheers,

Erik

[edit on 22/OctamSat, 10 Oct 2009 02:25:34 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well everyone always laughs at me when I tell this, but here we go again...
I had many years ago a good friend who was in the navy.. I think he was a "Master Chief" whatever that is.. anyway he was in metals testing.. like x-raying welds on submarines. So he told me once he went on a submarine to an underwater base somewhere in the Atlantic off the coast of Brazil where the Navy had constructed a huge base out of submarine pressure hulls.. he had to go do routine inspections that are required every so often on any Navy pressure vessel. He said he was told to do his job and forget anything strange he might see. He said he observed what he described as small alien creatures working alongside navy personnel. He says the Navy is the one that deals most with the Aliens and that they have their own underwater bases. So who knows maybe he was spinning a tale...maybe he was being serious.. but he told of the event in a serious manner and said it really happened.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Me doubting the credentials you put forward to try to support your opinion about a case with no evidence is hardly a personal attack. Your very sensitive for an ex-military / government security officer. lol

The videos you posted are all mis-presentation , CGI and no substance. There is no photographic evidence and no physical evidence. But they have people on there talking about how these non existent USO's work based on nothing but their imaginations. Except that prototype electric sub that moves at 1cm a second. They talk about 'reported' military encounters which means that a reporter said it happened. Thats not the same as black and white military reports. They talk about perfect holes in the ice but without a single pic to back it up.

Its an interesting concept but when you break it down you'll find there's even less evidence of the existence of USO than there is of UFO's. Which is a feat in itself. So i stand by my original statement

I watched the videos and i didnt see a single scrap of evidence of the existence of USO's.

Id love to see some decent evidence if you can find the time to do some research and dig some out though.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I watched the videos and i didnt see a single scrap of evidence of the existence of USO's.

There are plenty of other accounts,reports and testimony from naval officers, ship's captains, crewmen, coastguards, submariners, fishermen, airline pilots, policemen and sonar operators on this thread:

USO Research

If you're after unequivocable proof ...then its not there.

Erik, great post - very interesting documentary that.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Where I'm from everyone in the city knows/thinks/says there's an underwater base in the sea, that protects the city from hurricanes.

There have been at least 3 or 4 badass hurricanes that weather guys said were going to hit the city, but when they were about to enter they mysteriously changed course, thats also why a lot of ppl say there's an underwater base.

Plus a lot of ppl have seen UFO's coming out of the ocean, and one of my uncle's friends who is a fishermen has said he and other have seen lights moving below their boat while in the sea, so yeah, I believe.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
One of many older USO reports I have come across I thought I'd share with those interested.
---
Excerpt: "He said it took about four hours of our time to come to Earth from Koshnak in Orion. He said they travel in the seventh and eighth dimensions, unknown to Earth humans, and that they are aware of 13 dimensions of being.

Ohneshto pointed out references in our bible pertaining to UFOs. He said that their normal span of life is about 800 to 1,000 of our years. Their normal intelligence would be over 200 by our scales.

He explained that they could continue life forever with only one cell of the body. Ohneshto said that the axis of the Earth has changed four times as far as they have checked this out, that it tilts about every 20 to 25 centuries. He said that man is as old as his Earth, that more ancient races were the ancestors of nearly all the inhabitants of this planet.

The Orion said that other beings in our universe become very active other Earth, studying and recording just before each tilt..."
---
The whole story's quite detailed with pictures, link:
www.waterufo.net...

Decoy

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spartan1337

Spartan thats an interesting story - are you from Puerto Rico?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I've always had an interest in USOs.It just makes sense to me that the deep oceans would be a great place for an advanced species to hide.

If you search enough on the web.you can find a whole slew of reports that take place in or around our worlds oceans.Also many of the reports come from naval personnel.Not just Americans either.Heck,I think I read that C.Columbus had a sighting just before discovering the new world.

Great thread and topic Erik!

edit:typo

[edit on 10-10-2009 by crowpruitt]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowpruitt
I've always had an interest in USOs.It just makes sense to me that the deep oceans would be a great place for an advanced species to hide.

Crowpruitt - I'd tend to agree with you there - according to the
'Jacques Cousteau National Research Reserve' we've only ever explored five percent of the world's oceans.

oceanexplorer.noaa.gov...

Dr. Ivan Sanderson also makes some interesting comments about UFOs here:

Dr. Ivan T. Sanderson who suggested that aliens could remain undetected by building their bases beneath the world’s oceans.
Dr. Sanderson found that by actual count, over 50 percent of the UFO sightings had occurred over, coming from, or plunging into or coming out of water.

www.bluealien.net...

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks for the link but all i can find in those cases are 'reported' encounters by semi credible sources ( Meaning a reporter / ufo website said it happened ).

I do agree that there is an unusual amount of UFO sightings over water but when you consider 2/3 of our planet is covered by water is it really a surprise? We do know for a fact water mirages are not uncommon though.

I also don't agree that the sea is a great place to hide a base. Its much easier to detect ELF noise cause by anything large moving though water than it is to spot something deep inside a remote cave or something that could be 10's , 100's or 1000's of miles in the air above us.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Perfect hiding place.

Try chasing antigravity ship aliens in slow-ass subs...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Me doubting the credentials you put forward to try to support your opinion about a case with no evidence is hardly a personal attack. Your very sensitive for an ex-military / government security officer. lol

The videos you posted are all mis-presentation , CGI and no substance. There is no photographic evidence and no physical evidence. But they have people on there talking about how these non existent USO's work based on nothing but their imaginations. Except that prototype electric sub that moves at 1cm a second. They talk about 'reported' military encounters which means that a reporter said it happened. Thats not the same as black and white military reports. They talk about perfect holes in the ice but without a single pic to back it up.

Its an interesting concept but when you break it down you'll find there's even less evidence of the existence of USO than there is of UFO's. Which is a feat in itself. So i stand by my original statement

Id love to see some decent evidence if you can find the time to do some research and dig some out though.

Well, I duly apologize for any overt sensitivity I might have displayed last night. My bad. I extend the Olive Branch to you my friend and we will just have to agree to disagree on some things and that is OK by me. If this thread is lacking substantially to you may I suggest moving on to another that meets your criteria and allow us that are satisfied with this one to continue unabated. I will continue to research for this thread, but as the very nature of the topic is sketchy at best, simply because the medium of water is not as conducive to readily attainable photographic evidence (not as much human activity under as above) it will remain frustratingly on the speculative side of things until such material presents itself.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartan1337
Where I'm from everyone in the city knows/thinks/says there's an underwater base in the sea, that protects the city from hurricanes.

There have been at least 3 or 4 badass hurricanes that weather guys said were going to hit the city, but when they were about to enter they mysteriously changed course, thats also why a lot of ppl say there's an underwater base.

Plus a lot of ppl have seen UFO's coming out of the ocean, and one of my uncle's friends who is a fishermen has said he and other have seen lights moving below their boat while in the sea, so yeah, I believe.

I would certainly entertain the idea of you sharing testimony from your area. Is any of it available on the internet? Books? Other publications?

I eagerly await your response.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think it's the dolphins who are just messing with us.

Let's not forget they have the same brain we do

But on a serious note, if I were an ET, it would be the easiest place to construct compounds and living quarters within humans ever figuring it out.

Most of our oceans are un-explored, there are probably thousands of species of animals that we haven't encoutered yet and if there is ET visitation to Earth, you can be your bottom dollar they are in our oceans as well as in the skies.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join