It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Blackout- EDL March Oct 10th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I've noticed theres been a Media Blackout regarding the English Defense Leagues March in Manchester where some 6000 campaigners of the Party will be protesting on Manchester's Streets.

Nothing has been mentioned on the news about it and I suspect Security (already increased due to the Conservative Party Rally this past Week) will be even higher due to the fact that the EDL are saying they expect retaliation from anti-facism campaigners also expected to be in the City.

Living near to Manchester I was going to go and take some pictures but after what happened recently at G20 I think i'll avoid the new Crowd-Control Methods and stay away from thugs on all 3-sides of the arguments (I have no intrests in either the EDL, Extremists or Police.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
No doubt the ELD will be on the msn at some point but only top point out all the baby eating rituals they must take part in because they don't subscribe to the PC brigrades way of thinking.

I garuntee every person that is against true free speech will be there trying to

A. stop the march
B disrupt and blame it on the EDL

If A or B dont happen in some sort of way I would be very very surprised.

Its always amazing how the people that champion free speech curtial it and deny it to people who are'nt saying what they want them to say.

Free speach ended a long time ago so did rational discussions about anything that ends in a ism or is religous in nature.

The masses must bow down to the wishes of the few and now only the few have any say in what happens.

I know a bit of a rant but I can't do it in public as you can bet I would be arrested.

Edit - I do live up the top of the counrty have will not have an oppertunity to see it or get any unbiased reporting of it in the media .

If you have the abliity to go and take pictures please do as you can bet what ever is in the media will not be un-baised.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by jpmail]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

I'm going so i'll take pictures if i can

I've already heard warnings from some campaigners saying "if a fight happens don't run and don't attack the police"

EDIT: also just asked a mate and he said some of the lads are taking weapons and balaclavas and said they will use them if the AFL(and other hippies) along with the extremist muslims themselves attack the EDL.
As far as i know it's knives, air guns, truncheons, a few molotovs and a rumour that a hardcore group are bringing some shotgun's from Essex
and the SDL(Scottish Defence League) are sending handguns and rifles down south tonight.

Probs exagerration but still i wonder if it's true..

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Some scary stuff reading that, if your going I'd suggest either trying to find elevated Car Parking areas (with concrete blocks) to witness the march, or try and bribe your way into a Hotel with a view over the City.

Gunshots coming either side of you street-level isnt something i'd want to be caught up in personally.

new topics

top topics

join