It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the world be better off without humans?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I've seen a couple topics asking whether the world would be better without money, or at least the love of money. But what about us? Could the world be a better place without humans?

Take a moment and think with me (not that I believe the world would indeed be better without us). Without humans, there would be no mass genocides, animals would not be forced into extinction, but rather naturally selected for it, forests and rain forests wouldn't be cut down, and there'd be no master animal to rule the planet like we do.

I'm sure there are more reasons, but are humans so truly special that we are the ones who make the world a good place, or would it just be better off without us?

Personally, I say no. Humans are a marvel of evolution (or God, whichever you prefer). Our emotive, intellectual, and abstract ability to think are profoundly above any other creature on the planet. Sure we do a lot of bad things, but animals eat each other, they fear and hate one another. Humans do the same to animals (and other humans), just on a more massive scale.

Here's one vote for humans.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
You know where i vote if you read my posts. I have to agree with the nwo scum here and say humans are mostly trash, who vile on the earth, and have no worth other than there obsession to murder and torture and wreck others lifes.

Some worth the human race brings to earth, lol.

If an outsider saw all of us here, they would wonder why we even got this far.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I would say, humans would be good... if they would be able to step beyond their primitive behavior, such as greed, believing blindly, eager to have power, etc, etc... There are valuable, unselfish people, but they're rare. And until the majority can't step beyond these things, sometimes I believe we're the dead end in the evolution, the worst joke of the universe.

So you may consider this is a positive and also a negative vote.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ineverknew

If by the world you mean the planet, then yes, of course it would be a better place.

However there would be no Great Pyramid, Chichen Itza, Colosseum, Machu Picchu, Petra, Taj Mahal and all of the other man made wonders of the world.

My vote is for humans too, but not all of us

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

And here's one vote for yes.

The world would definitely be better off without us destroying every ecosystem and habitat we lay our eyes on. There is no other species on this planet that purposefully destroys and mines every available non-essential resource. We do a lot of things that are not essential to human survivability and we're the only species that does this and at the cost of every other living thing on our planet.

I would vote no, only if we humans could learn to live more sustainably without damage to the fragile ecosystems we are destroying today.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I love how people believe that if their are aliens.

They came about with no problems, just happy hippy aliens.

I'm sure we all have struggles, and banishing the whole human race... is a little 'premature'.

Again greed, and lust, and all that stuff, all preprogrammed, albeit that's not what many people believe, it's usually just an outside force which controls your thoughts...

Humans Vote here.

@sharrow

And until the majority can't step beyond these things, sometimes I believe we're the dead end in the evolution, the worst joke of the universe.

I believe we'll probably just step up brain power, and unless situations change body wise, we may stick to this and kinda fix it.

Umm... why would we be the worst joke?

Have you been around the universe?

I haven't I can't make such a claim.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
no it would be better off without rich people and goverment

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
bad news Humans arnt devinly created nore some great step in evolution.
what we are is a accedent of enviremantel circestances.
HU? simply put take a tropical jungel evolve a monkey now hes fairly smart he has to be able to learn the jungel to servive have color site so he can see wich fruit is ripe easer and learn quite a lot about wich tree prodces wich fruit at wich time.
now through a fast enviremental change in the works.
say a rock moving at gods own speed hits shifting the enverminet in just a few years the jungel is now planes with very few trees left
now said monkey has a BIG problem being mainly vegtearin eating fruit.
but the trees that produced that fruit are GOIN.
said monkey is just smart enough to start looking for other food sorces . well its planes now so the only other readly avable food is animal so said monkey starts scaving from animal kills and chaching a rat or two him self .
well he was already fairly smart say as a 4 year old now he dobbles his intellegence as he is learning to hunt and scavage .
this is just enough to bring him to the brink of awarness he looks in a mirro and sees him self instead of another monkey.
then slowly over the next million years he accedently learns more hunting spears rock tipes cluds finly learning to control fire.
now hes truly to the point of total self awerness and starts to evolve fast in the next ten k years he goes from being a stoneage hunter to taming best and farming.
Now you have a animal that can eat fruit or meat and has high smarts
problem hes now a predtor and so ends man. as predtory instinks conflict with intellegence . earth isent ment to have intellegen life as in order for intellegence to evolve on this planet it relys on more sysfactated KILLING.
smarter pray makes smarter predtors and so on.and bigger rocks to through. Bet theres no a person EVER that hasent though alest ONCE id love to just KILL fill in the blank here.
how do you expect a intellegent animal to evolve stable from these origans?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Earth is a rock. It does not care if it is drilled, excavated ,left intact or blown to bits. Earth has no soul and no intelligence. The only relative value it has over, say, Jupiter is that it is a home to us and other life forms. So Earth does not "care" if Humans ruin their only home or if there will be no Humans.
Now other life forms that are influenced by those menacing Humans and compete with them for food and habitat - care.
However i would like to remind those life forms that Dinosaurs did not fare very well vs huge meteorite. And given couple of decades if we do not wipe us and other life forms, we would be able to protect them from this...

But any way - my selfish vote goes to Humans. We rock. Just need to grow up a little.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

would the Earth be better off? I'd say yes for all the obvious reasons. (because I still feel that we, humans, are exactly like the evil alien that we fear so much (see my last months rant on that one))
If Earth had only wildlife and vegitationthen it would be a perfectly balanced ecosystem.

and for those who call Earth "just a rock": have some respect! People that make such statements have no respect for anything!
You and 'that rock' are interdependent and weather it has conciousness or not (which you don't know) it is essential for life, YOUR life.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by GypsK]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

?????
If there would be no Humans - then it would not be our home, now would it? And since you probably missed it in righteous zeal:

So Earth does not "care" if Humans ruin their only home or if there will be no Humans.

Earth does not feel anything. What respect got to do with it? By messing with Earth ecosystem we damage only our self and other life forms. Earth does not care. It is a rock. We should care to keep the things from crashing down. But not because of some mystic respect to Earth - it is pointless. Because if ecosystem fails - it would fail on us and damage us. Not Earth. Which is still no more then giant rock.

Our giant rock though.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
if we werent here another species would step up,
monkeys squid or something else?

and then theyd probably question their existence as being on top

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Ok, I could've put my 'statement' otherwise and I didn't mean it as it, after re-reading, came across. It was not a personal finger-pointing.

Still, exactly because Earth has such a perfect eco system that makes it not 'just a rock' in my opinion. Of course it's our home, and once we mess it up and seize to exist, Earth will restore herself over time and will be glad she got rid of us

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It would be a bit pointless if we were wiped off the map, some type of humanoid ape or chimp would evolve into some more human type thing anyways. Plus a lot of souls need these human containers to transcend this dimension. But honestly I dont think it would make a difference, what is good or bad? They are your conditioned views and perspectives.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Would it be correct to say , if we evolved on this planet that we are products of our environment and to punish us for this would be a bit hypocritical as only 10% of us meaning the Super Rich , Wealthy , Politicians and Corporations are the main culprits behind pollution , climate change , wars , religious genocide , poverty , disease etc.

So where did the equilibrium shift to make man the great destroyer? I vote for man and to eradicate the criminally insane running the world and as someone else said these alien civilizations were not born perfect all sentient civs go through periods of infancy, childhood adolescence , adulthood etc. Who's to say their not worst than us.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by De La Valletta]

[edit on 9-10-2009 by De La Valletta]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I don't think it would be better without humans in general. I'm a big believer in everything is the way it is for a reason, so if we're here, I don't think it was by accident.

I do, however, think the world would be better off with humans who were more enlightened and in tune with the planet, i.e. nature. Humans who realize that we belong to the planet, not the other way around. Humans who didn't have such huge egos and such a want for material things.

I include myself in all of this.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If humans were dead, the world would then be a great place for everybody.

(sarcasm)

[edit on 9-10-2009 by 30_seconds]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

that's probably true. squids would be on their computers, their own version of ATS, writing with their tentacles about how they're destroying the sea-world

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Our consciousness is the final element which glorifies it.. without us, there's no one to appreciate it. That's why we're here, to add the element of consciousness, to behold the beauty of it all, and the miracle of it all.

Without man the world need not even exist, and if that sounds narcissistic or arrogant so be it.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

You know Zero, Earth may have much better soul and may feel much more, then most of the people. What you're presenting is the typical ignorant approach, because you fear from the unknown. Because you believe you're almighty. That's why our civilization is here at the moment, at the verge of collapse. Trust me. If mother Earth will have enough about us, we'll disappear without a trace.

Remember. Our entire civilization from the beginning to the end is just a bad weekend with lots of headaches for Earth itself. Whatever is going to happen, at the end Earth will win and you can't do anything about it.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Sharrow]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join