It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wow another one in spain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I was being sarcastic...
I have noticed spain to be a "hot bed" of fake UFO activity the past couple weeks. I found this one today.

and this one

Why are so many people trying to hoax these now? There is no money to be made off making these fake videos.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

That first one looks real, but the camera movements and polished look and poor anti-aliasing give it away as a fake... I wonder what kind of rendering software these folks are using for that one, because you really have to dismiss it as a fake, but you still think "well, maybe...". It's a tough one.

The second one is bogus right off the bat, with the swaying tree and smooth camera movements.

Does anyone know what kind of rendering software creates that first video? That kind of hard to dismiss with the guy in the foreground and the camera going around inside the car, looked real, but obviously fake.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Well Maya and XML are pretty easy to use and were made to create all the newer starwars movies.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Maya is used for most CGI effects that are seen in movies.

Have you used Maya? Because it's definitely not 'easy' to use. Maybe if you've been using it for a few weeks or months, but you can't just open the program for the first time and create anything decent.

BTW, do a forum search for that first vid, it was discussed here a few days ago already.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Why do people make these? Simple, its fun.

Maya isn't easy to use (I use it all the time, but I have been at it for years, it is nothing you pick up easily as it is not very intuitive at first). But there are PLENTY of programs that are easier than Maya to use that produce just as good stuff at home.

Plenty of rendering programs too. Mental Ray, my personal favorite.

I have a blast doing effects on home footage. All my friends are always asking me to do stuff for their home movies as well (get your mind out of the gutter, lol).

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

Because it's definitely not 'easy' to use. Maybe if you've been using it for a few weeks or months

People have devoted their lives to UFOlogy, spending a few hours to learn some basics on maya and another few to make a 40second video would be no hug task. I do not know if you have used maya at all but yes it is very easy to use. You do not even have to make a complex model. Creat a sphere (one click), stretch it (one click and drag) and boom you have what passes as a UFO. Do not forget the UFO spanish fisherman hoax video lots of people bought that up and it was only a black dot and it was the same black dot that was used to make the jets. So you do not even have to be good with any program to make what will pass for a UFO for many people.

And if you think the first video is real it is not
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/635b8642168f.jpg[/atsimg]
they messed somthing up but the color effect they put on the video was not in every frame. Here you can see the tree as green. They made the video look dull to cover up the bad CGI.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As far i know the second one isn't from Spain at all, but actually purported to have been filmed in Chile and it's been around quite a while... I remember checking the topography of the second one against a map of the where it was supposedly filmed and it's pretty consistent with being filmed in the location in Chile as claimed..

Plus, in my opinion and i could be wrong, the light is far more consistent with something filmed in a location with along twilight, rather than, the much shorter twilight of a country like Spain. I'm actually quite good at spotting light, it's why I can't watch "Full metal Jacket" the light is totally wrong. It's also why i can;t stand Hollywood pretending to be England, they never get the light right.

it looks like, with the second video, someone has reposted it and faked that it was taken in Spain, if that is the claim. The chief argument over the second video was mainly about it being bike riders on a rough track carrying flares,,, Yes, i kid you not... In actual fact it's a good distance to the first mountain and they were doing some speed through pretty rough terrain, if that was the case.

here's a link ... www.youtube.com...

Having checked the map, it would be some coincidence indeed, if there is somewhere in Spain with virtually the same topology.

it was along time ago but i will have a search around for the full details.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well i know both the videos are fake but i was just pointing out the fact that spain is becoming like a tag to put on fake UFO videos.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Well i know both the videos are fake but i was just pointing out the fact that spain is becoming like a tag to put on fake UFO videos.

This is my first time hearing of the Maya software. I have always wanted an example of true CGI vs. one of the videos for a reference. would you mind posting something you have created with Maya? We will then compare it to the videos.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Well I'm glad you know the Chilean one is a fake.. care to expand on just how you happen to know that? By that I mean a full and cogent explanation of the exact way it was done, what programme, what effect and the exact reason it was declared, by someone with the requisite knowledge, a fake and what the persons name/nick was..

Not ..oh it's a fake, cos i know it is....

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The video in Chile is not fake, is not motorbikes and is not UFO's. It is the demonstration flight team of the Chilean Air Force formation flying their Pillan T-35s.

i238.photobucket.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Why do people make these? Simple, its fun.

Maya isn't easy to use (I use it all the time, but I have been at it for years, it is nothing you pick up easily as it is not very intuitive at first). But there are PLENTY of programs that are easier than Maya to use that produce just as good stuff at home.

Plenty of rendering programs too. Mental Ray, my personal favorite.

I have a blast doing effects on home footage. All my friends are always asking me to do stuff for their home movies as well (get your mind out of the gutter, lol).

Awesome. Do you have any CGI videos that you made that can be shared. I truly want see true CGI as so to compare to some other videos that have been made. Other than films, I think a user made CGI film would be a great tool in the forum.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So let me get this right..The Chilean air force display team can do this?

www.youtube.com...

Fly through the canopy of trees at the top of a mountain? The do this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

The planes are between the mountain and the camera. When they are flying directly toward the camera they appear stationary. When they turn away from the camera the landing light on the nose of the planes is no longer visible.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
And where did they take off from? Given, to my knowledge, there is only one Airport in Santiago and it's not in the direction of film was shot and it is a civilian airport not a military base...

I have heard some half assed explanations, but that one is a classic.. You do realise that the actual footage runs so that the part where they seem to come together and vanish over the mountain, through the tree tops is the end of the tape and the slowly descending lights, in no formation whatsoever, is the beginning of the footage?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The Second Air Brigade of the Chilean Air Force was based at Los Cerrillos, in Santiago. The Base was closed in 2006 or 2007. But these videos were made in 2004.

I don't know how you know the "proper" order of the videos but the one in which the planes are not in formation shows them setting up to land. There's a discussion of it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The Second Air Brigade of the Chilean Air Force was based at Los Cerrillos, in Santiago. The Base was closed in 2006 or 2007. But these videos were made in 2004.

I don't know how you know the "proper" order of the videos but the one in which the planes are not in formation shows them setting up to land. There's a discussion of it here:

Because i saw the original video in its' entirety so know the sequence and you idea of landing lights, means they were flying backwards...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Interesting. I would like to see the whole video. It looks like the sun may be setting backwards too. The sky seems darker in the landing sequence.

Then there's this interesting tidbit (from a few years later).
Source

Google translation:

# SANTIAGO, Dec 10 .- The strange "formation of lights" that was seen a couple of days ago in the skies of Santiago, was finally Pillan 14 aircraft from the School of Aviation Fach practicing the graduation ceremony of officers, attended last night by President Michelle Bachelet. According to the Air Force said Terra.cl, over the weekend the group of aircraft flying over a route from the El Bosque air base to San Bernardo. And though the flight is quite noisy, distance is not possible to capture it, which joined the lamps used in the opportunity for fixed and non-intermittent could have caused the confusion of the people. In fact at the base say that every time you perform this kind of night flights, receiving more than a phone call warning of the presence of foreign objects in the sky or UFOs. The alignment observed by dozens of people and caught on video, was due to the maneuvers performed for the Pillan landing.

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There is no landing sequence at all.... The lights vanish into a valley following the track of a road. they then reappear moving up the hillside and there are a couple more than originally appear in the video... The original thread i was involved with is no longer traceable on the forum it was on, but there were some people from Santiago knew exactly where the video was shot from. The airport was no where near it. I believe, the camera is facing South West, which would be commensurate with the colour of the sky

The general consensus of the nay sayers, because of this was that, it was nothing more than motorbikes carrying some kind of lights.. However several showed that, if it was they were travelling at some stupid speed in order to cover the ground they did.

From memory and it is some time ago, so my apologies, the footage was aired on the local news and the air force denied it was them responsible for the lights, but put it down to pranksters or some unknown natural phenomenon..

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

If you check the thread I linked you can find another link to the original thread in which the videographer took part. He provides his location. It is ENE of Los Cerrillos. He states he was looking SW, in the general direction of Los Cerrillos.

Here is my explanation and a map of the area:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join