It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the gods from the past returned today?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
what if the ancient gods returned to earth and announced themselves to the world, be it norse, egyptian etc.
Would people accept and believe, or would they denounce and ignore?
What would happen to our cultures and sciences?
What would you want our governments to do?

Im interested to know what people think

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
i guess some of the religions would be wrong?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Depends on the God, most likely, they'd just be ignored like the rest of people are in todays society, or shunned for being different. we'd need new segragation laws to keep the Gods from the children, and in the end, the gov't would probably see them as a threat to their over all goal and try an exterminate said god to no avail. last time i checked that a God was on earth, he was crucified and didn't fight back, but what if He DID fight back? what would have happened then? this is theoretical i do realize that, but when the "worldly people" try and interfere with a God's plan, I'm positive nothing good would come of it.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by clever024

it's a God though. they'll do anything in their powers to get people to obey them.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This reminds me of that old original star trek episode where the crew meets up with Apollo
on some distant planet . Apollo then expects the crew to wear sheep skin clothing and burn offerings to him . You can imagine what captain Kirk and his crew tell him

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Max_TO]

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
After being on ATS for a long time and seeing peoples replies to many theories and thoughts, I'd say that most of the people would call BS, and ask for PROOF that they were here 5000 years ago, then call more BS when the proof is shown because anyone could have made that up.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There will be a return of the 'Gods' from both the Greek & Roman Pantheons of yore....

They will come back to the world in the time of what we call the 'Antichrist', (who is actually the return of Apollo)
the 'leader' or King of the locusts (gods & fallen angels) that were locked in the Earth until the 70th Week release in Revelation Ch 9

Some of the greater gods of Rome will actually be the 10 kings that rule with Apollo=antichrist...think of Mars & Mercury as examples of ancient gods which come back to rule over men for that final 3 1/2 years of the 7 year end-time period.

sorry if this reply takes the thread off your intended direction,
source: www.futurequake.com...
sounds far fetched at first, eh?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmmonSeth
what if the ancient gods returned to earth and announced themselves to the world, be it norse, egyptian etc.
Would people accept and believe, or would they denounce and ignore?
What would happen to our cultures and sciences?
What would you want our governments to do?

Im interested to know what people think

I would internally question them if they are not OF THE ETERNAL LIGHT REALM OF THE NON DYING If they can die they are IMPOSTERS.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I would take Thor to my favorite bar and throw back waaayyy more than a couple. Then I might take Baphomet to a Foam Party. That dude seemed far too uptight.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

I absolutely agree with you on that one. It makes me wonder why people whose mind is so closed to believing anything even bother to come to a site like ATS.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AmmonSeth

What would happen

It would depend on how accurate our collective memory of them is; how much of our perception was simply our perception and how much was their actual intent.

For example, imagine aliens showing up 5000 years ago and saying "Hi! We're from outer space. We were just passing through and we thought we'd stop by to say hello, let you know that you're not alone, and by the way we happen to know a lot about how the universe works, so if there's anything we can do for you, please feel free to let us know." The interpretation might end up more like "Hi! We're from the heavens. We were just looking down on earth and thought we should let you know that we're watching you, we're immenesly powerful, so if you want to avoid any unfortunate accidents you should probably get in with us. Know what I mean?"

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
They are still here. The names change, those who worship them change, but they are still here, still strong. Don't believe me? Go to Haiti or West Africa, or even India, or some other place where polytheism still exists.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

This is true, I'll give you that, but honestly, depends on which god we are talking about, I was talking about an ACTUAL God, not a mythical one, yes there is a difference. Lets say the second coming of christ came, and the world found out, and they wanted to kill him for wanting to unleash hell on earth.... do you think He would go down wihtout a fight? I believe that he would in fact enlist the helps of things not seen to ensure his mission complete, things that can not be avoided. I mean, thou shalt not murder, says nothing about killing for self preservation, technically he would still follow the law and when all is said and done his mission would be completed. there are many gods but only 1 true God, but thats merely speculation take it as you will, just my .02 NWC (New World Currency)

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Pardon my one liner here, but...

This has exactly what to do with cryptozoology?. Any chance this could be moved into the Origin and Creationism or Conspiracies in Religion forums?

Unless you think God is a mythical beast?

[edit on 8-10-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Firstly i shall reply to you

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
This has exactly what to do with cryptozoology?. Any chance this could be moved into the Origin and Creationism or Conspiracies in Religion forums?

Unless you think God is a mythical beast?

The header under the forum name states 'Mysterious And Mythic Beasts That Defy Explanation'
Being as im not stating any 'god' to be in any form of human-like appearance or anything else comparable in this world, i feel that it can be described as 'defying explanation' and mysterious and mythic, and ALOT of ancient gods were said to be part beast,

Secondly, As for asking for proof, im not saying this has actually happened, im asking those questions theoretically,

Thirdly, interesting input,

I am shocked that noone thought that the government(s) of earth would embrace these gods, or simply seek to learn from them and be humbled by their existence,

I think if a genuine god came back to earth and showed itself to EVERYONE, that people would firstly bow down and secondly ask "why?" about so many different things it would be pointless for me to list,

My main thought is that;
I just wonder, Even with the REAL, LIVING God(s) standing right infront of them, Would people be able to just put aside any misguided thoughts or beliefs and just accept that that is the way it is and always has been?

Would this world even be able to cope, This whole world is entirely economically driven, The people who lead these economies (if elected) are elected based on their thoughts, beliefs and quite often, Religions,

A god arriving event would shatter most (if not all) previous beliefs and thoughts about pretty much everything, What would happen to the world?

hmmmm

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
EDIT
Deleted This Post As It Was A Double Post

[edit on 9/10/2009 by AmmonSeth]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think it would all depend what they were capable of.If they came as a normal man with no talent,claming to be god ,Im sure they would be dismissed.On the other hand if they were hurling lighting bolts at people that might be a different story.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
What if the gods from the past returned today?

I would kill them. This is humanity's time, not theirs.

Former gods can take a hike to the burial pit.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The so called "gods" of the past are already here. they have mingled their genetic influence into our seminal origins. Some of us are more effected than others, on an evolutionary scale.
I can say the same about the aliens being among us

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Assuming they have not "checked on us" in a few thousand years and just pop in for an update. I think they would be very disappointed the way we have screwed up the earth and treated each other over the years.

I can see it now, "you humans have been very naughty and now we will have a time out until you can act right".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join