It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close up video of a UFO over Bogota, Columbia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Here is some fairly compelling footage if it is authentic, of an object in the skies over Bogota, Columbia. Very interesting and clear footage.

Cheers,

Erik

Video

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by redwoodjedi
Here is some fairly compelling footage if it is authentic, of an object in the skies over Bogota, Columbia. Very interesting and clear footage.

Cheers,

Erik

Video

Unless one videotapes a UFO it is difficult to make a decision on someone else's footage. This video smacks of CGI but it could be authentic. The modern-day digital dilemma.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The flying disk looks real to me, now I wonder what or who is flying the thing across the sky. Hopefully we will know sooner rather than later.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by wiredamerican]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

Yup. I agree emphatically, Ed. It could be. Very compelling footage if it is. Compelling footage of what, I don't know.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
The flying disk looks real to me, now I wonder what or who is flying the thing across the sky. Hopefully we will know sooner rather than later.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by wiredamerican]

Again, this is convincing stuff "IF" it is authentic. That's not even half the battle. If it is authentic, what is it?

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
No opinion on the authenticity of the video. Any can translate whats being said?

But on a side note, I always figured a UFO would have more stabilized flight. That one seems to wobble quite a bit. Maybe ET needs a breathalyzer.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
No opinion on the authenticity of the video. Any can translate whats being said?

But on a side note, I always figured a UFO would have more stabilized flight. That one seems to wobble quite a bit. Maybe ET needs a breathalyzer.

Or......Maybe ET needs to cut the string holding the craft. I dunno. Would Electromagnetic propulsion behave like this? I'm ignorant in this capacity.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Oh c'mon.... What's that? An ancient teapot dangling from a rope?

I am not saying that's what it is, in fact I am sure it isn't, but I can't believe it's even meant to be a hoax, looks more like a tongue-in-cheek lo-tech thing. Look at the poor camera work:you cannot even determine the size and actual position of the thing, because there is little to no surroundings visible.
And their talking about the "experts from a TV station" who examined the video.... Puh-leeze. Any "expert" from any TV station knows that the only thing that matters is RATINGS.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ethereal Gargoyle

Oh c'mon.... What's that? An ancient teapot dangling from a rope?

I am not saying that's what it is, in fact I am sure it isn't, but I can't believe it's even meant to be a hoax, looks more like a tongue-in-cheek lo-tech thing. Look at the poor camera work:you cannot even determine the size and actual position of the thing, because there is little to no surroundings visible.
And their talking about the "experts from a TV station" who examined the video.... Puh-leeze. Any "expert" from any TV station knows that the only thing that matters is RATINGS.

Well, there is no qualifier in your statement although you are entitled to it so thanks for that.

I might corroborate with you on the string theory (ha!) but I disagree with you on the lack of other captured objects sufficient for size estimation. There is more than enough fore and background objects to establish a crude size estimation. In fact I would surmise that you may want to upgrade your string to a rope. It seems a little big for a string to me. There is some suspicious back swing in the crafts movements, however. Hmmm.....

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

is that about the size of a small car? or is it smaller? you know, someone posted a photograph of a balloon that flies on its side somewhere on here

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject

is that about the size of a small car? or is it smaller? you know, someone posted a photograph of a balloon that flies on its side somewhere on here

I'm sorry. Did you have something objectively meaningful to add to this thread? You know, something that took a critical eye and then expounded at some length with an educated and reasonable response based on theory/theorum extracted from all available evidence?

In other words, if you are not contributing to this thread in a scholarly way, pro or con, kindly refrain from placing your fingers on your keyboard and clicking on the Post Response button.

Most kind and thoughtful of you. I knew you would see things my way in a pragmatic and intuitive fashion.

If I have spoken out of turn here, I duly apologize and will commence to removing the foot from my mouth. I hope I misunderstood you and that I simply did not glean the essence of your response.

Just in case I did misunderstand you, I would say that it is closer to the size of a small house. Just my guess.

Cheers,

Erik

[edit on 22/OctpmFri, 02 Oct 2009 22:57:41 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

[edit on 22/OctpmFri, 02 Oct 2009 22:59:14 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I went back and watched the video again.
I suppose, when you are talking about background, you're referring to the first images of the object when it's seen above the houses and trees?
The problem with that part, IMO, is that the object itself appears very blurred and fr a very short period of time. The details are only visible in the shots where you see leaves and tree branches, with no other background. What I mean to say is that there is no real visual evidence, as far as I could see that the object above the houses is in fact the same that appears later.
The jerky movements are most "suspicious" in my view too (that's how the old teapot analogy sprang to mind
). And I meant "rope", yes, of course. My English really isn't that good, please take that into account. :-)

I know there really are many strange, unidentified and maybe unidentifiable objects in the sky. I am not doubting that it *could* happen, I just have doubts about this object in particular.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I suppose, when you are talking about background, you're referring to the first images of the object when it's seen above the houses and trees?
The problem with that part, IMO, is that the object itself appears very blurred and fr a very short period of time. The details are only visible in the shots where you see leaves and tree branches, with no other background. What I mean to say is that there is no real visual evidence, as far as I could see that the object above the houses is in fact the same that appears later.
The jerky movements are most "suspicious" in my view too (that's how the old teapot analogy sprang to mind
). And I meant "rope", yes, of course. My English really isn't that good, please take that into account. :-)

I know there really are many strange, unidentified and maybe unidentifiable objects in the sky. I am not doubting that it *could* happen, I just have doubts about this object in particular.

yeah..but how would you know how a craft like that handles ?? maybe it does wobble like that..who knows ??

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Aaaaah. I copy your traffic, Buddy. I see what you are saying. Yeah. It is a bit sketchy. I just watched it three more times to make sure. Middle aged eyes ain't as good as they used to be. Thanks for the constructive analysis!

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

OMG its convincing, its convinced me that people know how to use photoshop and maya3d. Its a hoax, hoax, hoax Since the onset of CGI, video and photos just dont cut it anymore. Stop posting this crap, its going to take a real life 4th kind incident that is well documented or something that at least leaves some evidence behind. This CGI crap has to stop. I can find video on the web all day long of ufo's that are fake, hell my hockey team did a commercial with a ufo that looks like the real deal. Take a break guys until u find something worthwhile.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by alienj]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The pendulum-like movement bothers me a little. It looks as if it is hanging from somewhere. Reminds me of some Billy Meier videos.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Interesting video, thanks for sharing it -- had not seen this one.

I don't see it as CGI, however, I'm no expert of CGI nor video analysis.

I think the apparent rocking motion of whatever-it-is is problematic. As you mentioned, we have nothing absolute or vetted to compare it with. The "craft" appears fairly stable until it moves and then the rocking occurs. This, along with the frequent blurriness of the object, suggest to me a strong possibility of the object being small and close and suspended by a wire/line/string from its center.

Another possibility is a balloon-like object tethered from the ground. Still another possibility is that it is a genuine intelligently-guided craft that has a quirky motion when hovering.

I wish the newsclip of the OP's link had the entire footage, so we could see how this "sighting" concluded -- did it zip away, blink out or drift out of sight? In general, videos that lack a conclusion make me suspicious.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienj

OMG its convincing, its convinced me that people know how to use photoshop and maya3d. Its a hoax, hoax, hoax Since the onset of CGI, video and photos just dont cut it anymore. Stop posting this crap, its going to take a real life 4th kind incident that is well documented or something that at least leaves some evidence behind. This CGI crap has to stop. I can find video on the web all day long of ufo's that are fake, hell my hockey team did a commercial with a ufo that looks like the real deal. Take a break guys until u find something worthwhile.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by alienj]

Whoa! Don't hold back now, buddy. I don't want you to beat around the bush. I want you to focus on getting to the point and say exactly what you mean.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

some other vids in this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Thanks for that Easy. much appreciated. Your opinion and material is always welcome and refreshing.

Cheers,

Erik

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join