It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its time to FULLY WAKE UP! *soapbox*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
SERIOUSLY Ask yourself, if another country destroyed Canada then destroyed Mexico.. how would you feel? What would you do if you seen the soldiers beginning to walk the streets of America, your own town even? Having their way with your daughter or wife, killing anyone who dares stand up against them. Would you fight back? Iraqi's do. Their called terrorists for doing so.

Its time to wake up FULLY. What if you learned that the country you live in, IS the evil empire. Before we continue, watch this video. (Go ahead and turn off the music, its terrible. I don't know who would set music to killing anyways.)

BE WARNED - VIOLENCE IS IN THE VIDEO

Around 2.25 really makes my stomach churn.

It makes me sick hearing people complement the "Brave" Soldiers upon returning home. They are SO brave for hiding in a helicopter and mass killing families with the push of a button. I pushed like 400 buttons typing this but no-one is calling me brave.

You know its fine when their killing people you will never have to see or meet. Slap that little ribbon on your car; it makes you feel proud! Now if the military deploys on its own towns "bravely" pushing buttons I don't want to hear anyone boohooing. YOU supported it when it was little brown kids getting shot, but when its your little boy or girl its a different story huh?

I'm so sick of hypocrites. People saying stuff like: " I support the soldiers but I don't support the war" What the hell do you think soldiers are made for? Playing monopoly? Doubtful.

So say you were defending your town or country from these parasites... You would be labeled a terrorist. A terrorist for trying to push the enemy out of the country. Did terrorists attack us on 9-11? Yes, but they certainly weren't from the middle east. So ask yourself this:

[B]WHY ARE WE IN IRAQ?

WHY ARE WE IN AFGHANISTAN? Or why are we in over 100 countries for that matter.

WHY ARE WE ABOUT TO GO TO WAR WITH IRAN?

Its time to STOP SUPPORTING MILITARY. STOP SUPPORTING DEATH. Are they coming here attacking us? NO. Have they sent armies? NO. Would they even have the technology to actually invade America? PROBABLY NOT.

An INTERNAL DEFENSIVE military is ALL that we need.

I feel like I'm in nazi germany screaming to the people to stop hailing hitler, to stop JOINING THE MILITARY, to REFUSE to fight. But everyone is too caught up in their american pride.
I swear I'm the only one awake, and its a terrible disturbing feeling.

I'm 19 years old and I live in the midwest. I used to have a solid group of about 9 friends. 7 of them have joined the military in one form or another. They are not joining to protect and serve. They aren't patriotic. They only join because they think its easy money. The kids they are sending are HITMEN.

The stories I hear from these kids are DISGUSTING. I honestly hate even thinking about any of these stories but it is what is happening and it needs to be stopped. For instance, My (ex)friend spoke about kicking in doors securing neighborhoods-The usual. Once they kicked in a bathroom door and an iraqi man sat on a toilet. They demanded him to standup and he refused. They just placed a gun up to his head and ended him. He said all this with a giggle.

Face it ladies and gentleman - we are the evil empire.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

I am going to call BS on your story about your friends shooting an unarmed Iraqi on the toliet. One reason the ROE cleary points out the shooting of unarmed civilians is prohibited. The bombing of civilians because a few bad guys maybe there has been stopped or is in the process of being stopped. Soldiers get proscuted for that crap and they should go to jail. And someone will eventually talk no matter what someone will talk solider or civilain.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Awesome video....Thanks for posting.

S & F for you sir

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

hey i have a friend that is in the marines and he told me rules of engagement don't mean nothing when you are doing home raids.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Ah, the miracles of scientific discovery! Science has created so many good
things for the people of earth. How can people say video games are bad
for our children? Look at what good "soldiers" it has made them.
I quite agree with the OP. Unless you are on the ground in the fire zone
there certainly isn't much bravery being shown. I'm not going to paint the
whole military with a broad brush, there are many brave and committed
soldiers in our armed forces. The people who command them are a whole
different kettle of fish.
I can't agree with the President being the commander in
chief unless they had actually served in the armed forces. Humans are
becoming obsolete, even on the battlefield as AI is taking over many of
the important functions that were once filled by humans. Lets hope the
next war is between robots and no people get hurt!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Agree with the OP...

By the way...that song is called 'What If' by Creed. If you listen to the words I think it is about the cruelty of humanity.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by crawgator406

your friend is either a liar or trying to act cool. ROE is ROE doesnt matter if its in a house or the sand...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Sodiers are persons, persons have CHOICES! They CHOOSE to kill and murder, and yes! In the eyes of many many millions of people the USa is and has always been the bad guy. Only those whos brain is washed by msm are on the invadors side and supports them. There is no democracy and there is absolutly no freedom or "free world" to defend.
I can understand someone in Europe sitting on the couch suporting the war against terrorism (lol) because i know that person is so stupid he is basing his opinion on msm information. But i do not understand how a mother and father sends their children to war, generation after generation..all the time! There is not one war the USa fought that is a honorable one, NOT ONE!
WAKE UP!
S&F for u OP.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

You are so very wrong, and sadly, you will learn that someday, if not today.

Call BS all you like; I have said before, I live in a squaddie town next to a large Garrison, so I know an awful lot of soldiers who have been / are in Afghanistan and Iraq. They know I don't support what they're doing. One guy in particular was ordered to shoot a little girl, about 10 years old, dead for pointing in their direction. It was assumed that the child was pointing out the soldiers positions to insurgents. They did a search and they found no insurgents, but in the long grass they did find a ball - the one she was pointing to.

This, you may argue was an honest mistake? If they weren't there in the first place that little girls family wouldn't have had to cope with a 'mistake' that changed their lives.

And, as for those you think 'rat out' others in their team, I can tell you that doesn't happen - very often at least. Soldiers of the same platoon will protect their peers more often than not, regardless of how sick and twisted their actions abroad have been.

Sure, once in a while the governments think it's necessary to scapegoat somebody and make an example, but I guarantee more than 70% of war crimes committed by 'coalition' forces go untried.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Its time to STOP SUPPORTING MILITARY. STOP SUPPORTING DEATH. Are they coming here attacking us? NO. Have they sent armies? NO. Would they even have the technology to actually invade America? PROBABLY NOT.

An INTERNAL DEFENSIVE military is ALL that we need.

I feel like I'm in nazi germany screaming to the people to stop hailing hitler, to stop JOINING THE MILITARY, to REFUSE to fight. But everyone is too caught up in their american pride.
I swear I'm the only one awake, and its a terrible disturbing feeling.

These are my sentiments exactly, only you can replace America/n with Canada/Canadian. Why are Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan? Who wields such power over Canada that we feel obliged to sacrifice our own men and women serving in our military for "their" cause when our military should merely be defending our own soil.

Whenever one of our service people is killed in action overseas, there is a heart rending repatriation ceremony that includes the parading of that soldier's remains down a major highway. The soldier's sacrifice is glorified in the papers (Defender of democracy! Making life better for the Afghans!) and then we wait for the next hero. And to top it off, Don Cherry does the grieving family the honour of eulogizing him/her during Hockey Night in Canada broadcasts! No wonder our military can continue to enlist new recruits when our involvement is insane.

No one has been able to justify to me why we are fighting this war and killing off our young men and women. I would be willing to bet that our government's promise to withdraw our troops in 2011 will ultimately be an empty one.

Too bad that the establishment of Canada's "nationhood" was based on our involvement in WWI. We've continued to buy into that lie ever since.

You're not alone OP. At times I feel that Canada has become a member of the evil empire you speak of. So much for us being "peacekeepers".

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm very surprised at the response I got from this. I actually figured I'd get flamed off the whole forum.
Guess its comforting to know that there truly are others that get the whole picture.

Also; If you would like to see the state of some of America's youth... Simply go back to that youtube video and read the comments below. The comments are just as sickening as the video. www.youtube.com...
Some of the comments:
"yeh # em up dirty paki and iraqi scum #s"
"Thermal imaging is a real bitch...for insurgents. Die Haji.Give em hell boys!!! God bless the United States of America"
"haha seriously! mess with the best, die like the rest!"

And as for the stories my friends tell me, well unfortunately they are the real deal. He has a ton of stories... Including a VERY VERY interesting story about lasers from satellites. Although I have not got the whole story from him, I'm sure it would be the top story on most conspiracy boards if I could squeeze it out of him. (unless this is common news nowadays?)

*edit to add link in

[edit on 2-10-2009 by The_Zomar]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Video games are entertainment, and I'd say that 99% of the people that play them understand that. Taking an actual life, no matter how detached from the situation you are (sitting in a helicopter a mile away for example) is fundamentally wrong. Blaming video games for a lack of empathy and basic concept of right and wrong doesn't make much sense to me. My dad taught me how to shoot a real rifle at a target. That doesn't mean I would EVER point one at a human (unless they were pointing one at me first).

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I'm very surprised at the response I got from this. I actually figured I'd get flamed off the whole forum.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by The_Zomar]

This is encouraging.

If I were to state, without the protection of anonymity, the sentiments I expressed in my earlier post, I would face serious censure.

That's why I have the utmost respect for the family of one of Canada's soldiers, 23-year-old Pte. Jonathan Couturier, who was killed in action in Afghanistan in late September of this year. They stepped up and spoke out in spite of the potential criticism from many fronts.

The various Canadian news sources reported them making these claims:

Couturier's family spoke out after his death, saying the fallen soldier had doubts about the merits of the Canadian mission in Afghanistan.

He thought the mission "was a little useless and that they were wasting their time over there," Couturier's brother, Nicolas, told Le Soleil newspaper in Quebec City.

He said that his brother had to hide how he felt about the war because it was his job to be there, but that "he didn't want to go," added Nicolas. "He was positive, but at certain points he was fed up."

I hope that this family's courage will help to break the ice and get others with first hand knowledge to spread the truth.

It feels so good to get caught up the patriotic hype that the truth is easily ignored.

top topics

join