It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Christian are welcome but his thread is intended for Christian viewers.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Plus, I have to agree with you on the you tube bit. That's not the way to change the world.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morbo the Annihilator

Originally posted by Bombeni

If I thought I was better, if I thought I was perfect, why would I have an innate sense that I need a Redeemer? It may not be even possible to cross this chasm of misunderstanding between you and I, because for someone who has never come to The Cross, it is folly I suppose. But I HAVE come to The Cross and I know now that "I am not perfect just forgiven."

I must ask why you think it is that I have never "come to the cross" as you call it.

You plainly stated you are an athiest. Are you changing your story now? Have you knelt and asked Jesus Christ to come in and be your Savior?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
[mod edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

I have not changed my story. You implied that I have NEVER come to the cross. This is incorrect. You are making assumptions about me that are unfounded.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Morbo the Annihilator

Ok ok, you WENT to the Cross and then became an athiest. Is there anything else about your life story you want me to know?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Why would I need to tell you anything more about myself? I just ask you not to jump to unfair conclusions about me and who I am as a person.

Just because you think I'm on a path straight to hell doesn't mean I'm a heathen. In fact, I suspect I live a more loving life than most "christians". I see the world as a whole and help every living creature. I would rather you think that I'll burn in hell for eternity and help helpless animals, children, homeless, hanicapped, then say that I'm a christian and I'll go directly to heaven but live an empty life. The problem I have with many "christians" is they think that helping someone is turning them into a christian. I think the people that need help the most need to be loved for EXACTLY who they are - and not be told they need to change to be "saved". For some, just getting through this life is hard enough and they just need a gentle hand.

To me, THAT is what life is really about.

And if your god won't accept me for being the person I am, I am wholeheartedly ok with that.

Edited to add last line.

[edit on 30/9/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

My belief. My right to believe. Leave it be, and I promise you I won't attack your beliefs.

Continually trying to conspire to take down Christian themed videos is an attack. Continually making senseless inaccurate generalizations about my beliefs is an attack. Continually trying to legislate against my beliefs is an attack. Telling me you believe differently? That's an opinion.

That has been the theme of my posts pretty much in any religious thread I have posted in, including this one.

That is why I starred and flagged this thread. The youtuber was attacked, sadly.

But that was not the basis of my reply to you. My reply to you was in response to your argument that the Bible has survived for thousands of years due to its absolute "truth." My argument is that: Cant the same be said for every ancient religion? Some much holder than Christianity...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Bombeni

In fact, I suspect I live a more loving life than most "christians".
[edit on 30/9/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

Ok, so now YOU'RE better than Christians. But didn't you say Christians think we're better than you? You know what, forget it. You talk in riddles, from both sides of your mouth, and forked tongue at the same time and I'm done with you. Hassle someone else today.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You know what, forget it. You talk in riddles, from both sides of your mouth, and forked tongue at the same time and I'm done with you. Hassle someone else today.

Right, but you speak with total clarity and don't assume anything of anyone and your point of view is never flawed.

I can't believe how defensive you get. I started in this with the high road, but you, of course, had to bring in the judgements and insults.

How very christian of you.

Oy vey.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Ok, so now YOU'RE better than Christians. But didn't you say Christians think we're better than you? .

And you know what? You love to twist and contaminate. I never said I was BETTER, that's your job. I said I live a more LOVING life than many.

And yes, christians do think they're better. THat's why they try to change everyone who isn't one.

[edit on 1/10/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

And I must ask, in all humble honesty, why it is that you would never feel that an athiest/agnostic/pagan can be just as good and true of a person as a christian?

And if you could ever consider us to be good and true people, why is it that you feel you need to convert an athiest/agnostic/pagan to your beliefs?

If we are good and true people as christians are, do we really need changing?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Bombeni

And I must ask, in all humble honesty, why it is that you would never feel that an athiest/agnostic/pagan can be just as good and true of a person as a christian?

And if you could ever consider us to be good and true people, why is it that you feel you need to convert an athiest/agnostic/pagan to your beliefs?

If we are good and true people as christians are, do we really need changing?

Couldn't agree more. I was raised Catholic and turned Pagan and I guarantee I am just as good as the OP and I also guarantee you are just as good as me. See itis our actions that make us not our affiliations. I can be a Paganwho recycles, helps people and saves lives. I can also be a Catholic who turns to rape and molestation. On the other handI can be a Catholic who recycles and helps people or a Pagan who kills and tortures. The point to me is the two helpers are just as good and the two killers are just as bad as each other.

Man I would love to star those words morbo

and just for you...

'Morbo does not understand that letter. It looks like a little man with a hat. Hello little man. I will destroy you!!!"

-Kyo

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero

Couldn't agree more. I was raised Catholic and turned Pagan and I guarantee I am just as good as the OP and I also guarantee you are just as good as me. See itis our actions that make us not our affiliations. I can be a Paganwho recycles, helps people and saves lives. I can also be a Catholic who turns to rape and molestation. On the other handI can be a Catholic who recycles and helps people or a Pagan who kills and tortures. The point to me is the two helpers are just as good and the two killers are just as bad as each other.

Man I would love to star those words morbo

and just for you...

'Morbo does not understand that letter. It looks like a little man with a hat. Hello little man. I will destroy you!!!"

-Kyo

Hi Kyo.

I also agree with that. I can be an athiest that helps animals, children, and the homeless or I can be a christian that molests children (true story - I knew a man high within my ex church who is currently serving 72 years for molesting NUMEROUS children).

(That's one of my favorite Morbo quotes. And another one: "So I gave the cookies you made to Fawn and the kids, and they couldn’t believe it. They were delicious! But I digress. Tremble, puny earthlings! One day my race will destroy you all!")

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Kyo - this is OT, but I've been interested in Paganism for a long time - I respect mother earth, respect other people and animals and live a good clean life. I understand an overall "energy" that flows through life and ultimately believe in karma.

I'll u2u about how you got into paganism and what it means to you. Maybe you can point me in the right direction.

: ) Morbo

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Better-smetter. I'm pretty sure you are the one who got on the who's- better-than-who jag, but let's let it go now, shall we?

If the Lord God, before whom each individual will shortly stand, is a holy God, and He is, a God of truth, and without iniquity, and of purer eyes than to behold sin with impunity; we may well ask, “Who is able to stand before Him? — who can abide the day of His coming, or stand when He appears?” Appear He certainly will; and stand before Him we inevitably must. God only knows who shall first be summoned to do this; but, first or last, the citation will be sent to all. We are no more than tenants at will, removable at the pleasure of God, the great Proprietor of all. And none of us are able to stand before God without the atonement of the blood of His Son Jesus.

Loving animals and children is a fine thing. Not that it has anything to do with this thread, but have I given you any reason to believe I don't also love animals and children? But I tell you this, you could run a 24 hour drop in nursery free of charge for children and grant them their fondest wishes; you could open a 100 thousand acre refuge for abused animals, and provide them with feather beds, personal massage, ribeye steak every night, and this is not enough.

These are fine things to do but if at the same time, you reject the Son of Man, the flesh of God's flesh, who died for you, offered Himself as a ransom for your sins on your judgement day, is prepared to stand in front of you and say to God "let this one pass" then I suggest that today you start living life as though there is no tomorrow. Because if you insist on rejecting The Lamb who takes away the sins of the world, I know that I know that I know that I know, your eternity is in great peril. If me telling you that angers you then well I will just have to live with that. This thread was intended for Christians to discuss the persecution we face due to our beliefs, and then the athiests started their haggling (present company not excluded). I didn't want to see that, but now I realize, it has been a textbook case of art imitating life.

Over and out.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I look forward to it as I am done in this thread...OP...good luck to you and yours...sorry but God doesn't own this soul...that was left to the beloved Isis and I assure you she takes amazing care of it

-Kyo

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

This thread was intended for Christians to discuss the persecution we face due to our beliefs, and then the athiests started their haggling (present company not excluded). I didn't want to see that, but now I realize, it has been a textbook case of art imitating life.
[edit on 1-10-2009 by Bombeni]

Oh, woah is me! I'm such a martyr! I come on this thread damning people to hell and they have the audacity to defend themselves! How dare they! I knew they'd get mean. I predicted it. God have wrath on them! [/sarcasm]

And just so you know you would be more than welcome in my afterlife whether you share my beliefs or not. My afterlife will be full of art and philosophy and you are free to join me and my fellow cohorts if the pearly gates don't appear before you like you thought. But me? I'll never be welcome in your "heaven" unless I turn my soul over to your invisible friend. And that is what seems so elitist about chrisitanity. Doesn't that seem a little egotistical and shallow? It's like a private club that only "special" people get in to.

Don't worry about my soul - it's just fine, thanks. I don't live in fear - I live in great peace and happiness.

And as a sidenote, if I started a thread that was titled, "Christians Not Allowed - This Thread is for Logical Thinkers Only" you PROMISE you wouldn't come and defend your beliefs? Riiiiiiiigght. So the defense can only go one way?

[edit on 1/10/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

And I think you need to look back at your thread. You act like I'm a pawn of evil, but your own responses have been rude, judgemental, and sarcastic.

Is this the example of a christian you want others to see?

I have tried very hard to be diplomatic, openminded, and fair and have EVEN MET YOU 1/2 WAY MORE THAN ONCE, which, of course, I got no response to. (Because, apparently, it's just easier for you to be mean.)

I think you might have derailed your own thread. You want a christian only thread, but spew rudeness toward others. Do not blame this one on me. I have never put you down, called you names, or even swore ONCE. I have respect for your wishes, but it's clear that you don't respect me in return.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

You knew this was a Christian thread, you knew you would hear the Gospel of Christ if you hung around, and boy, did you hang around (in a a subject you consider a fairy tale -- what gives there?) Never mind don't give me your trumped up answer.

Yes I am strong in the faith of Lord Jesus and I make no apologies. I can think of no post where I was rude as you accuse me. I stuck to the facts. You are the one who ran riddles around my belief, but not surprisingly I had a comeback for every last one of them and you call it rudeness.

I have no animosity for you whatsoever, in fact at this moment I pray you will open your heart and "learn of Him for His burden is light and His yoke is easy." Just remember as I said, none of us knows when our citation will be issued. If you die without asking Jesus to be your savior you will go to a place called Hades. Not hell, yet. Not even Satan is in hell yet. That comes later, when God sends His Son back to destroy the devil and his demons and all those who chose to reject the salvation of Christ. Oh, and uh, thanks but no thanks on your invitation to visit you in the afterlife, unless of course you open your heart, and we meet as familiar spirits in the Kingdom of Heaven.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join