It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Names of Shame

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Some of this may be old hat, but no one can bring it home like Dr. David Manning.

When did Barry Sotero become Barrack Hussein Obama, and why? If he is/was American, why did he want to take the name of a muslim? We know that in muslim culture, if you are born a muslim, you are a muslim no matter how you slice dice or wedge it.

He concocted a really clever business card with the six names of shame. If I had a bumper sticker machine right about now I could retire.

This message from Dr. Manning sort of brings you out of the fog.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

All I can say is that Barak Obama is the only guy with a muslim name I have ever heard of that claims not to be a muslim. Can anyone else think of somebody with a musim name that claims to have NEVER been a muslim?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotDogNoBun
reply to post by Bombeni

All I can say is that Barak Obama is the only guy with a muslim name I have ever heard of that claims not to be a muslim. Can anyone else think of somebody with a musim name that claims to have NEVER been a muslim?

My first name is Michael and one of my two middle names is David, but I'm not a Christian, nor are my parents or grandparents. They liked the name just as I'm sure Obama likes his. Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HotDogNoBun

No I can't think of anyone else. It's called lying out of both sides of your mouth.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in that White House, there's a prayer rug somewhere garronteed.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I could actually name 3 people I know personally who have Muslim names who are not Muslim, In fact one of them is Pagan and the other two Christian, also wasn't one of Saddams Cabinet Ministers a Christian? chemical aly I think his nickname was, so yes there are many many people with Muslim names who do not follow Islam.

Can someone please remind me of chemical aly's real name please?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

You have those names because you were most likely born in a western nation where it is common to have biblical names regardless of religion, becasue people dont realy see those names in a religious context anymore.

However you didnt see Cascius Clay change his name to Michael David when he turned muslim. Nope, he changed it to Muhammad Ali.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
"If he is/was American, why did he want to take the name of a muslim?"

...why SHOULDN'T an American have a Muslim name?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

So what are their names and what country were they born in, and was it their birth name or did they change it to be that?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fuggle

"If he is/was American, why did he want to take the name of a muslim?"

...why SHOULDN'T an American have a Muslim name?

You have point, I will concede that; there are muslims who have converted to Christianity and naturally they would keep their name. But with Obama there are so many little secrets and he is Prez so he should have no secrets and should be an open book to the nation he serves. Did you watch the video? He won't even allow his high school diploma to become public, much less his birth certificate. Of course that depends on WHICH one of his birth certificates we'd be talking about.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
When did Barry Sotero become Barrack Hussein Obama, and why? If he is/was American, why did he want to take the name of a muslim? We know that in muslim culture, if you are born a muslim, you are a muslim no matter how you slice dice or wedge it.

As for the use of Sotero as a last name I do not know the reason, although I might add that even before I was married I had two different last names as my mother had remarried and my step father adopted me (IF I would like I could move to restore my original last name, but for me it is a nonissue.) Perhaps, as with his first name his grandparents wanted to give him a more American name (whatever that means) as children that are different, especially in name, are often teased mercilessly. When my grandmother came to states from Italy her name was Pia Maria, when she arrived the immigration agent told my grandparents to change the order because she would be taunted for her name (Pia = pee and make up any number of school yard names from there).

True, Muslims believe that there children are born Muslim, they also believe that ALL humans are born Muslim. Christians to an extent believe their children are born Christian (as well as other religions) as that is the religion the child would be raised in. This isn't really a different idea.

As for the ALWAYS being Muslim, there are apostates of Islam, just as with other religions. And there are also people, like Barack, who may have Muslim father, but for whatever reason the father was not around, and therefore religious indoctrination never occurred.

Personally, since he attended the same church, for what 20 yrs, I tend to believe that he is a Christian since that is what he has practiced, not that it matters to me.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
His Hawaiian birth certificate has him born as Barack Hussein Obama II, as his father was Barack Hussein Obama. So apparently he changed his name once or twice and back to Barack Hussein Obama.

But anyway he was named after his father.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
I could actually name 3 people I know personally who have Muslim names who are not Muslim, In fact one of them is Pagan and the other two Christian, also wasn't one of Saddams Cabinet Ministers a Christian? chemical aly I think his nickname was, so yes there are many many people with Muslim names who do not follow Islam.

Can someone please remind me of chemical aly's real name please?

His name was Ali Hassan Abd al-Majid al-Tikritieh and he was not a christian

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

I appreciate your reply; however Christians don't bear Christian children. Christianity is something that is chosen by free will when you are old enough to make the decision and ask Jesus to be your Lord. In some religions babies are dedicated, or christened as infants but they have to go thru some other rites when they become teens, I am not real up to snuff on all of that but it is free will. Whereas muslims have no choice, ever. To even think about abandoning the muslim faith will get a death sentence over your head, often carried out by the defectees own family!

EDIT TO ADD, I meant to ask you if you watched the video? Barry's church "of 20 years" has a pastor who is close buds with momar kadafi (sp?), not to mention Louis Farrahkan, that radical muslim leader here in America who calls Barry "Savior" --- "When the messiah speaks the people will listen" -- you gotta look at the whole picture. This video gives you the whole picture.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Well, my siblings and I were all baptized Catholic at around two months. Granted we had to participate in the other sacraments in order to be considered a "full" member of the Church but we were still a part of the faith. My aunt is a general Christian, whatever that means (just bc I personally haven't figured her out yet) but her daughter has been raised Christian, she identifies as Christian, she participates in various classes at the church (not all religious, but provided by the church regardless) and she is 3. I don't think that the child has made that decision, any more than I did. Granted as a person grows and learns of the world and all that is contained in it, some people explore and convert to other faiths or no faith, and some people retain what they had been originally taught.

Obama was not raised under a theocracy with little to no world influences, he was largely raised by his Christian grandparents in Hawaii, and most likely would have observed whatever faith they did, if any at all.

Just a side note: Whoever Obama's pastor entertained, Louis Farakan the leader from the Nation of Islam, which is not the Islam of Muhammed, they are really two separate religions.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by searching4truth]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by HotDogNoBun
reply to post by azzllin

So what are their names and what country were they born in, and was it their birth name or did they change it to be that?

Their names are not really important, I am certainly not going to post them on here, you are wrong, and seem to be proven that way.

The name of the Saddam minister should give you that proof, names are names, I don't see any relevance in a name and a religion, of course there are people who do change their names in honour of their God, but I think the flogging of a dead horse is happening here.

After all what does it matter what religion a person is as long as they are a good person? or is this going to be the next phase of the bring down Obama campaign?

You can use my refusal to post the names of my friends as what you wish, what I can say is, would you be happy if your name was posted online just to prove an ignorant argument?

My guess would be no.

I hope I have helped you understand something about Planet Earth and it's people.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Actually I was talking about the Deputy Prime minister Tariq Aziz, who was indeed a Christian.

Nice try in the name switch though.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
So what if Obama is a Muslim? If I recall correctly freedom of religion is protected in that document George W Bush used to clean his arse with, what was that again...Oh yeah the Constitution. He is a practicing Christian, goes to church and everything which is much more than most Christians I know.
Why do so many people here have the mindset that he is president he deserves no privacy, this is the same mindset Bush had when he started tapping phones and holding prisoners without charges, that imo is unamerican.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Actually I was talking about the Deputy Prime minister Tariq Aziz, who was indeed a Christian.

Nice try in the name switch though.

No you were talking about chemical Ali, and chemical ali is Ali Hassan Abd al-Majid al-Tikritieh. Nice job of not lookin up the facts there.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.cnn.com...
www.defenselink.mil...
www.cnn.com...

Just perhaps if you look something up you will learn something. Aziz was a christian but he is not chemical ali, CHEMICAL ALIS NAME IS ALI HASSAN ABD AL-MAJID AL-TIKRITIEH

new topics

top topics

join