It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Aliens Won't Abduct You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Why Aliens Won't Abduct You

www.good.is

here’s plenty to fret about in this world: the economic downturn, environmental degradation, or snails in the bougainvillea. Reasons for anxiety abound.

Well, let me lighten your load by stating that you can strike the fear of alien abduction from your stack.

This is not a trivial solace. A controversial 1992 Roper poll claimed that 2 percent of Americans were possibly victims of alien hijacking.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Some of the main point in case you're too lazy to check the article out!

-We can’t breed with another species, despite the occasional barnyard attempt.

-Then there’s the lack of compelling evidence. If 2 percent of Americans are abducted, that’s 7 million victims in the current generation, just in the United States.

I always thought that the majority of Alien Abductions were dreams or psychotic episodes.

But I do believe in ETs, so I'm sure that some people truly are abducted.

Alien abduction is the sum of our fears. Being snatched from a place of safety, sexually/medically assaulted, by big eyed aliens. It just feels like any humans worst nightmare all rolled into one, which makes me think the majority of these abductions are in the mind.

Any thoughts?

www.good.is

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Dont they abduct healthy people, people who dont take recreational drugs, medical drugs, because of the effects on the brain. Just wondering?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Funny.
Seriously, it cracked me up. Not sure I agree with it 100%, but a sense of humor is always refreshing.

Is it really true that 2% of Americans claim to have been abducted? It surprises me that it's that high. I guess 2% doesn't really seem like a whole lot, but if I'd been asked to make a guesstimate, I would have come up with something less than 1%. Of course, that wouldn't be based on anything. That's just a whole lot more people than I would have imagined. This little bit of info really surprised me.

Thankfully (I think) I'm not part of that 2%. I know I've seen a few people on here that actually want to be abducted, but I think I'll pass. But hey, if this 2% thing is really true, maybe the ones who want to be carried off in the night by aliens have a better chance than I originally thought!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It makes me laugh how narrow-minded SETI is.

I think most alien abductions are not psychotic illusions, but are in fact real experiences, that only take place in the victims' mind, but aliens are still very much involved.

Travis Walton-esque episodes, I imagine, are extremely rare.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The main problem is their 2% statistic. 1 in 50?! No. Way. 1 in 50,000? Maybe.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

2%
You could get 2% of Americans to say anything! I bet 2% of people would say they've been held hostage by angry flamingos.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If you have a bloodline, one of the 12 tribes of Judah, through any branch of your family, for example, many of my friends who have experienced abductions, as I have, share the Scottish one, such as Sir Walter Scott, or different lineages that go to the House of Stewart. Any of the illumanati ones, any connection to Sumeria in the end is what this means.
This means you are probably experiencing these unwelcomed events, and I do mean unwelcomed
by these pirates, whether you know of it, or not.

The OP expressed disinfo and wasn't well informed.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Unity_99]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

This "A controversial 1992 Roper poll claimed that 2 percent of Americans were possibly victims of alien hijacking." is known as the DRAKE ABDUCTION EQUATION! A poll, like the Drake "Equation" is not based on irrefutable facts, just hearsay and wishful thinking. Numbers from the air.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

2%
You could get 2% of Americans to say anything! I bet 2% of people would say they've been held hostage by angry flamingos.

How about "Angry Samoans"?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
It makes me laugh how narrow-minded SETI is.

I think most alien abductions are not psychotic illusions, but are in fact real experiences, that only take place in the victims' mind, but aliens are still very much involved.

Travis Walton-esque episodes, I imagine, are extremely rare.

"Travis Walton-esque episodes, I imagine, are extremely rare." So rare, in fact, that they have to be made up, i.e., hoax.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Most alien abductions are really the government pretending to be aliens......
they call it MILABS

heres a link

Are Some Alien Abductions Government Mind Control Experiments?

www.alienjigsaw.com...

Are Some Alien Abductions Government Mind Control Experiments?
by Kay Wilson
Introduction

I'm not sure what is worse: to believe that you have been abducted and experimented on by aliens from another planet, or to suspect you have been abducted and experimented on by members of your own species. Perhaps it is easier for us in a psychological sense, to suspect that we have been abducted and experimented on by aliens because in some strange way, we can excuse aliens for not understanding our customs and for not "knowing better."

When I heard my first story about a person who believed they had been experimented on by members of our government, I thought I had heard it all. To me, this story was more unbelievable and more bizarre than the stories I had heard about alien abductions. What this person said was, they believed they had been exposed to microwaves from small black boxes that had been placed on their property by secret agents of the government. They said they had been beamed by microwaves as part of a secret government experiment. I discarded this information as coming from someone who was paranoid and didn't give it another thought. During that time in my life I knew nothing about our government's experimentation on American citizens.

Shortly thereafter, I decided to write about my abduction experiences. Writing my books took several months, and during that time I maintained my busy schedule of abduction support and found myself reliving many life events I thought I had put behind me for good. There were also certain experiences that I had longed to find an explanation for, but could not. These were my alien abduction encounters during which I saw military and other official looking personnel. In The Alien Jigsaw, one of my conclusions was that I had been abducted by aliens, and either some members of our government are working with them, or the aliens have manipulated me into believing our government is working with them.[1] Little did I realize that this aspect of my alien experiences would lead me to write this article today.

Another event that led me to write this article was my correspondence with an Austrian researcher named Dr. Helmut_Lammer who is currently publishing a book about mind control and alien abductions.[2] Since Dr. Lammer asked that I write for his new book I needed to understand more about the subject of mind control. My first step was to read. After reading numerous books and personal accounts, I realized I needed to take a closer look at some of my abduction experiences.

Although there are many striking differences between the experiences of abductees and mind control victims, there are also some disturbing parallels. Like Dr. Lammer and others, I am concerned by what appears to be a clear overlap between what some abductees report and what some victims of mind control report.

What I want to do in Project Open Mind (MILABS) is determine if the military and other government personnel that abductees report seeing during their experiences have both the motive and the means for being there.

In The Controllers Martin Cannon writes, "The abductee's unrewarding task is to report what he or she has experienced as truthfully as possible, untainted by outside speculation."[3]

Part Two of Project Open Mind focuses on the subjects of behavior control and mind control. In this section I rely heavily upon the work of other researchers and journalists. For each subject I discuss there are many books, each with hundreds of pages. For each book, there are thousands of documents and reports that the researchers and journalists had to laboriously locate and meticulously study. So as to better understand the message, I have included a section about the authors in Part Three so the reader can gain some basic knowledge about the messengers. Part Four contains my "Notes" and completes the first half of this project.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

2%

How about "Angry Samoans"?

Hey, let's keep the Samoans out of this.

Geez. Why do these things always have to turn racist?!?

(hehe. Just kidding. But no, I love Samoans. Do the Girl Scouts still sell those?)

Do you ever wish they WOULD abduct you? I mean, come on, front row seats to this circus of a world ripping itself apart, but watching from the comfort of a climate controlled intergalactic Buick? Once you get past the 'probing' it gets a lot more comfortable.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

-Then there’s the lack of compelling evidence. If 2 percent of Americans are abducted, that’s 7 million victims in the current generation, just in the United States.

I always thought that the majority of Alien Abductions were dreams or psychotic episodes.

Alien abduction is the sum of our fears. Being snatched from a place of safety, sexually/medically assaulted, by big eyed aliens. It just feels like any humans worst nightmare all rolled into one, which makes me think the majority of these abductions are in the mind.

Any thoughts?

www.good.is

OMG, the original article was posted by Seth Shostak. He has the intelligence and creative capacity of my trash can. The tipoff was where he claims we can't breed with another species. Right, we can't breed with an ape, a pig or a fly, but we don't know all there is to know either. He presumes we have reached the pinnacle of our scientific knowledge. How arrogant is that? As for compelling evidence, sometimes all we need in court is testimony of a credible witness. If there are seven million people claiming to have been abducted, I have to presume that most of those people of average intelligence won't mistake the planet Venus for an ET spacecraft or that their abduction was simply sleep paralysis. The so-called scientists we have running loose are an embarassing lot, devoid of vision and imagination.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by isa75
Dont they abduct healthy people, people who dont take recreational drugs, medical drugs, because of the effects on the brain. Just wondering?

Well the times it happened to me were when I was my healthiest. I won't do drugs or take medications, but I started drinking occasionally and smoking and so far it has worked I think.

You still couldn't pay me enough to make me do drugs or take medications though...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Sounds like an unsupported claim. I have to think aliens capable of interstellar travel have similiarly god-like genetics and biological science knowledge compared to humanity.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Plus why is not being able to breed with another species have to do with anything?

We "abduct" animals all the time. We keep them as pets. We use them as food. We conduct experiments on them.

There are all sorts of reasons humans would "abduct" an animal and I would hope that at the very bottom of that list would be to have sex with it.

Plus who says aliens are a different species? I think there are plenty of people who think the gods were aliens and they genetically engeneired us... and then had sex with us. Sitchin obviously pops into my mind.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Any thoughts?

My thought is, there is nothing here to prove your subject line.

Merely conjecture. 7 million is alot more than 0.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla

Any thoughts?

My thought is, there is nothing here to prove your subject line.

Merely conjecture. 7 million is alot more than 0.

ER, my subject line??

I saw an article about alien abduction, and thought it was interesting enough (and on suitable subject matter) to bring it to the light of ATS, at which point do I say it's 'my' view.

Please mate, read OPs thoroughly!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Any thoughts?

www.good.is

we can't breed with another species based on what humans know... don't you think aliens who are capable of flying many light years in a short time period are a teensy bit more knowledgeable than humans would be in this area ??

new topics

top topics

join