It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, U.S. 'Civilians!'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I think we (I) need to take a step back from something and try and get a little objectivity back.

It's easy to be manipulated, I'm as guilty as the next guy when it comes to allowing my emotions to cloud my judgement.

You can believe whatever you like, but just scroll through theses and ask yourself what 'SIDE' you think these guys and gals are 'on.' Ask yourself where you think their priorities REALLY lie.

I don't think THESE guys are as much a threat to us as someone would have us believe. I don't think they are as much of a threat as I would have had you believe. They aren't the problem and I don't think they should be the source of our fears or the target of our hatred.

Do these guys look like the enemy?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b73f89d46b8.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c20b6f6bd16.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90c8dd86ed62.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10d81200c26f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d0c5f32bae42.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fdef203f05c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/23e45d814661.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3360e06ec990.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69a9fc39d7ab.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/051a9a3b8b52.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d6d01e79dee.jpg[/atsimg]

Peace.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I hope Your right KS, but there is plenty of video out, and about showing these same family People acting like the minions the NWO would want......."I'm only following orders" as they bust in Your teeth.

I've got a cousin that is a Lt. in the Houston Police, and frankly I cannot stand him. He personifies all the qualities as shown in those pictures; heck he used to be a frickin preacher, but he buys in hook, line, and sinker to following whatever orders. He does personify,"I'm only following orders"

S&F

[edit on 28-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I agree, I think they're just like us.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Now, I will preface this by saying I dont think all servicement are evil or anything. It's a matter of perspective.

That being said, I can find lots of pictures of Dick Cheney, Rummy, many of the Rockefellers etc cuddling up to family or babies. In many of them those people look downright friendly.

Doesnt mean I'd trust them to babysit my kid.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
While I respect the armed services... and I believe that there are many good people who join the military. This does not mean that the military (of any nation) is not capable of wrong doings when given bad orders.

I tend to agree with sanchoearlyjones sentiments...

Plus... all these photos really show is that soldiers have family’s... well doesn’t everyone?

I'm sure you could find photos of Iraqi soldiers looking like loving parents with their sons and daughters... They still committed unspeakable acts when they invaded Kuwait and attacked the Kurds.

That is not to suggest that any of the people in these photos have committed any crimes (i'm sure they haven’t)

Just saying that photos only show us what we already know, we are all human

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

As much as I would not like to think American Troops would fire on American Civilians, my postion is wanning. Due to this simple fact, Dont bite the Hand that feeds you. The goverment has there fingers in every aspect of the soldiers lifes. Vets to. And I have seen "only following orders" use as justication that we hung NAZIS for. Vietnam and Iraq come to mind. And some more of my buddies who still serve have said they have been trained to operate on American Soil, and react to hostile Americas deemed "Insurrectionist" "rebels" Facist and of course " everyone favorite word Racist". So dont think that if anything kicks off US soldiers would automatically align with the rebels.

I still belive a large UN, Russia, CHina, and EU contigent would be needed to "Pacif the MID WEST, not so much us the left coasts but mainly the mid west.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Now, I will preface this by saying I dont think all servicement are evil or anything. It's a matter of perspective.

That being said, I can find lots of pictures of Dick Cheney, Rummy, many of the Rockefellers etc cuddling up to family or babies. In many of them those people look downright friendly.

Doesnt mean I'd trust them to babysit my kid.

That's a very good point, but we're not talking about them. We KNOW those guys are evil and would eat your children.

I'm wondering if there isn't some sort of line.

In the old days it was 'don't trust anyone over thirty' or whatever...I think an NCO, or a private, is just as much a victim of the Elite as the average person is.

I think once you become a lying general, or a career tool for the Elite, all bets are off.

I know they aren't all sweet and cuddly, just like all of US are not sweet and cuddly. I think that we are being played though, and for a reason. It will be a lot easier to get them to fire on a civilian when they have seen evidence of how much that civilian hates their guts.

They are being played as much as we are and they're not the ones in charge.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
I don't think THESE guys are as much a threat to us as someone would have us believe. I don't think they are as much of a threat as I would have had you believe.

Don't be silly, of course they won't be using "THESE guys" for any nefarious purposes here in the states.
"THESE guys" are the ones who will receive b2b repeated deployments overseas where they are told that they are defending their fellow countryman's freedoms and way of life....

They have a whole new (younger) generation of soldiers who they have been prepping for their personal use when the time comes:
www.infowars.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think the men and women of our arm services are generally good people but I think they are being manipulated like all of us by TPTB.

TPTB can make good men do horrible things.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I concur with you that the men and women of our armed forces are probably not our enemy.

But, I would not bet you one nickel that the United Nations troops are our friends.

Our government could use UN troops that don't care that we are Americans and many probably don't like us anyway.

I have many friends active and retired service people. I don't believe they would shoot me even if ordered to do so. The UN soldier would kill me if ordered I am sure.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It's more the cops I don't like than the military. Most soldiers believe they are working for the good, even though they're really just working for old money. Cops on the other hand, more often than not, are power-hungry bullies. Many ex-cops will agree with me too.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Some good pics KS.
I personally don't think the civilians are bad people or are out to get us. However the ideas they hold and represent that are manipulated into them is a different story. One person that thinks they are doing something for the right reason can also be in turn supporting the NWO or TPTB and from so become a personal threat, which is why a certain level of paranoia is healthy IMHO when it concerns who you trust.

It's not the people I'm scared of as much compared to the leaders and ideas they represent as they unknowingly can and do support such corruption, even though they really feel they are being another citizen or another patriot.

This is why enlightening the masses is so important because even though individually they are people that are just like us, collectively for a source of corruption and power that they possibly and likely represent, they are a potential threat. I do wish every individual on the planet had sufficient critical and independent thinking skills to not follow the crowd but we are all still learning.

S&F.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by N3krostatic]

[edit on 28-9-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I concur with you that the men and women of our armed forces are probably not our enemy.

But, I would not bet you one nickel that the United Nations troops are our friends.

Our government could use UN troops that don't care that we are Americans and many probably don't like us anyway.

I have many friends active and retired service people. I don't believe they would shoot me even if ordered to do so. The UN soldier would kill me if ordered I am sure.

Now, of THAT, I have absolutely NO DOUBT. It was mentioned earlier, in a snarky sort of way, but yeah, they would have to have the US troops occupied doing something somewhere else.

I know there are butt nuggets that are in the military. I worked for a few of them...just like the butt nugget civilians...

The point is that the hatred that someone is stirring up towards out military is by design. Someone WANTS YOU TO HATE THEM.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
It's more the cops I don't like than the military. Most soldiers believe they are working for the good, even though they're really just working for old money. Cops on the other hand, more often than not, are power-hungry bullies. Many ex-cops will agree with me too.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Donnie Darko]

The thing is, most cops dont go into the line of work thinking "I'm a power hungry bully, I think I'll become a cop!".

Like I said before, it's a matter of perspective. Cops abuse power thinking they are doing the right thing. Most people have done it before in their lives.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Military people are not good people.

Military people are not bad people.

Military people are just people.

They have the same strengths and weakness we all do.

The only troubling difference is that some of them allow others to think for them.

But then, the same can be said of any other people... regardless of their vocation or profession or status.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Military people are good people just like the rest of us. They have a job just like everyone else, they are not the NWO.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Why is it that they tend to wait until they are ex-cops to disclose their opinions? Would they have agreed while still employed as cops? Am I accurate?

More to the thread in general, the Nazi grunts could be wonderful and loving family men and then go out and commit brutal acts at work.

The sickness chiefly lies in compartmentalization between professional and personal though it exists in all facets of society. I cannot perform such a dissociative function myself very easily. I might be labelled dysfunctional whereas those that are adept at it are considered normal.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Basically as captaintyinknots said......

What does the enemy look like?

Do you expect them to look unclean? Does it look like Osama? Does it look like Obama?

I s the enemy sitting next to you when you have just given that co-worker a ride?

What does the enemy look like? Rephrase: What do you think the enemy should look like?

Edit to add: Look

[edit on 28-9-2009 by savageheart]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I don't think that any of those Service Men and Women intend to be the "bad" guys and gals. However, the Military trains it's soldiers to follow orders without question and obey the chain of command. Although they are sworn to uphold the United States Constitution, we have seen with Abu Ghirab and Guantanamo just how willing our soldiers are to follow orders without question and obey the chain of command knowing full well that that they were doing so against their oath of service.

We have seen the same with the G20 protests when Service Men and Women followed orders without question and obeyed the chain of command alongside their Law Enforcement brethren to violate their oath of service against their fellow countrymen.

Service Men, just like LEOs, are people too. They are parents, and neighbors, and countrymen just like the rest of us.

However, if the chain of command ordered them to suppress a crowd of protesters with extreme prejudice, I suspect that those in the crowd would have more of a moral quandary opening fire on their own Military than their Military would have opening fire on them!

Again, I don't think the Men and Women of our Armed Forces are bad people, nor do I consider them the "enemy" of civilians, but just like the moral in the fable of the Gingerbread Man, you are a fool if you think a wolf won't eat you just because they say they won't. It is in the nature of our Armed Forces to follow orders and obey the chain of command. If you believe that they won't just because they are people too, then you may find yourself learning the same lesson as the Gingerbread Man did, but just as late as he did.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

The enemy looks like when I would take my superman ice cream-- red, yellow, blue-- mix it all together into a soupy mass called "gray elephant".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join