It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran secret facility is a media PSYOPS because the facility is not even secret

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Iran's president has denied his government violated International Atomic Energy Agency rules after disclosing the existence of a new nuclear-enrichment facility to the UN watchdog.

Speaking in Tehran on Saturday, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said his country had in fact informed the IAEA a full year in advance of the deadline set by the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT).

"If you want to build the building, you can do that. If you want to lay the pipes, you can do that. Six months before you start processing itself ... then you need to inform the IAEA so it is prepared to begin its inspection programme," Ahmadinejad said.

"Now is this the right thing or the wrong thing to do?" he asked. "It is not a secret facility. If it was, why did we inform the IAEA a year ahead of time?"

Even as he insisted that Iran, as a sovereign state, did not need to report to Washington, Ahmadinejad said that Tehran would allow IAEA inspectors to visit the site.

Marc Vidricaire, an IAEA spokesman, told Al Jazeera on Friday that Tehran had notified the body of the second enrichment plant's existence in a letter earlier this week.

Iran was previously known to have one enrichment plant at Natanz, in central Isfahan province, which is under daily surveillance by IAEA inspectors.

english.aljazeera.net...

See how the media plays you and then everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

This is all a game to get everyone to demonize the Iranians, preparing peoples minds for a possible conflict. If there is war, well shucks they deserve it for lying but they didn't lie.

Do you see now? Are you eyes open?

[edit on 27-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

The day this was all announced, they kept mentioning on the news that US intelligence had already known about this for a year or so but was just watching and waiting. The thing was that the US was mad that they had to call them on it before they admitted it. They finally asked and Iran said yes and then...now all the news keeps telling us over and over again that we just found out.

Something just doesn't sound right to me.

I am suddenly having flashbacks of Bush saying "They will not let our inspectors into Iraq." on the left side of the tv while on the right side were the inspectors in Iraq, inspecting things in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I saw his interview the other night. Quite compelling. He explains how the media has blown his 'questions', not views, about the holocaust way out of proportion also. He sounded sincere but as the media is now trying to do; Is it all a play on global media propraganda on his part?
As far as the second facility goes, Has the IAEA confirmed this?
And no, I don't think that Iran has to report to the US on what they're doing. That's why there is the IAEA.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Actually, they only informed the IAEA about it in a letter last week. I think the rules are that they have to be informed 6 months prior to any nuclear material being on the site. Iran claims they're 18 months out.

The only reason that the IAEA was informed, IMO, is that Iran caught wind that others had gathered intelligence on the site, and keeping it a secret was no longer an option. While the U.S. intelligence may have known about it all along, the truth is, they were trying to keep it a secret.

So here we have Iran building a secret enrichment facility, deep underground, that wouldn't be able to produce enough material for using in a reactor, yet just enough to create a bomb every year.

If they want to be open, like they claim, and use nuclear technology for peaceful purposes, then why go to such trouble keeping it hidden, and only informing the IAEA about it a week before the G-20, and only after they realized they've been found out?
Why wait until the site is nearly built? Why not just be forthcoming all along? That doesn't sound very open to me. This doesn't help their case any, and only enforces the belief, by many, that the facility is being built for "military" purposes.

Gates calls Iran nuclear facility illegal, probably for non-peaceful use

“If they wanted it for peaceful nuclear purposes, there’s no reason to put it so deep underground, no reason to be deceptive about it, keep it a … secret for a protracted period of time,”

Just yesterday, a senior Iranian official said the enrichment plant will be operational soon, and “will blind the eyes of the enemies,”
Iran: Nuclear plant ‘will blind … the enemies’

Now, I'm not saying there isn't a double standard, in that Israel won't show their facilities either, and we have like 2,600 nuclear devices here in the U.S., which is another story altogether, but the evidence keeps adding up that Iran really wants to become a nuclear "superpower" as well.

At a time in our existence when everyone should really be trying to eliminate such horrific devices, the thought of another arms race being sparked in the middle east is frightening, and sad, because someday one is going to be used, triggering the proverbial "hell on earth".

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Here's the proof that the IAEA should have known about it in 2008, since it was in the MSM

April 2008

This week, Iran announced putting an additional 6,000 centrifuges on-line at its underground Natanz uranium enrichment plant and opening a new facility for processing uranium ore into yellowcake, the first step in the uranium enrichment process.

www.chinapost.com.tw...

So we can't say that nobody knew about the new facility.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale
Something just doesn't sound right to me.

I am suddenly having flashbacks of Bush saying "They will not let our inspectors into Iraq." on the left side of the tv while on the right side were the inspectors in Iraq, inspecting things in Iraq.

Its Bush not sounding right. He never did, even once.

But the wheels he set in motion are still in motion.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The "We've just uncovered a new secret underground facility in Iran" hype has been constant. I was surprised when I heard Obama and others saying this since that facility had already been announced. It's very clear that there is nothing Iran can really say or do that will stop the upcoming war.

New propaganda that's pro-war with Iran has played non-stop since Bibi made his secret trip to Russia. I was watching closely to see what the Russian Prez would say afterwards. We have our answer. Apparently the Russians are assured of their cut from the Iranian pie.

Yes. After three years of Israeli threats the ducks seem to be all lined up. I would be surprised if something didn't go down before the end of this year.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Iran tells IAEA it is building 2nd enrichment plant

Iran told the International Atomic Energy Agency of the plant's existence in a letter to IAEA Director-General Mohamed ElBaradei on Monday just as six world powers and Iran prepare for rare talks on October 1 on its disputed nuclear drive.

While it seems they may have mentioned "opening a new facility", they still kept it totally hidden, and didn't even announce its existence until last week.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
reply to post by warrenb

Iran tells IAEA it is building 2nd enrichment plant

Iran told the International Atomic Energy Agency of the plant's existence in a letter to IAEA Director-General Mohamed ElBaradei on Monday just as six world powers and Iran prepare for rare talks on October 1 on its disputed nuclear drive.

While it seems they may have mentioned "opening a new facility", they still kept it totally hidden, and didn't even announce its existence until last week.

It seems that the best thing to do would be to allow full inspections of any and all nuclear facilities.

We've had quite a lot of inspections in Iran so far (as we did in Iraq) and have gotten pretty clear answers there.

So how's the inspections in Israel going?

Whoops. Asking Israel to do the same is "anti-semitic" apparently.

Yep. Things are going to blow up alright.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Whatthehell?]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatthehell?

speaking of Israel's facilities
here's a map for everyone to enjoy
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3bd4a4ddf399.png[/atsimg]
www.atomicarchive.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

See how the media plays you and then everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

This is all a game to get everyone to demonize the Iranians, preparing peoples minds for a possible conflict. If there is war, well shucks they deserve it for lying but they didn't lie.

Do you see now? Are you eyes open?

completely agree...

Read this article in The Times yesterday...(*Warning Murdoch Controlled news)
www.timesonline.co.uk...

IMO Israel will get the green light to attack/provoke Iran now that it seems Russia may not protect them!?

edit to add:hope web-bot was wrong!!!!

[edit on 27-9-2009 by slinkey10]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whatthehell?
So how's the inspections in Israel going?

Whoops. Asking Israel to do the same is "anti-semitic" apparently.

Did you miss the part of my first post where I said:

Now, I'm not saying there isn't a double standard, in that Israel won't show their facilities either, and we have like 2,600 nuclear devices here in the U.S., which is another story altogether, but the evidence keeps adding up that Iran really wants to become a nuclear "superpower" as well.

The eyeroll there seems to indicate your inability to understand what I was actually saying. I also believe that the IAEA should have access to any and all nuclear facilities. No need to attempt twisting my perspective on the matter into some "pro-Israel" point of view, because I basically agree, and it doesn't seem right either

new topics

top topics

join