It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There a Masonic Claim to Temple Mount?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The Temple Mount is located on Mt. Moriah.

Why are so many lodges named "Mt. Moriah"?

Since all Masonic Temples follow the design of Solomon's Temple, does Freemasonry also have a claim on that property known as the Temple Mount where the original Temple of Solomon once stood?

Why are the Illuminati sometimes known as the "Winds of Moriah"?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

The Mingling of Traditions

On the return of their embassy from Egypt King Solomon and King Hiram called together the council at Jerusalem, and it was decided that they should proceed immediately with the work of recasting the rituals into Jewish form. It is an interesting fact that three distinct lines of tradition were represented in the persons of the three chief members of the council, and of each of these we can find traces in our modern workings.

King Solomon himself had inherited the Egyptian line of succession derived from Moses; King Hiram of Tyre preserved the Chaldean descent; while Hiram Abiff brought with him another line of tradition, not derived from either of these sources.

This last line was strange and terrible - a line probably perpetuated through savage and primitive tribes, who had bloodthirsty customs of mutilation and human sacrifice."

There is much evidence to show that our traditional history is based upon the myth of the death and resurrection of Tammuz, and is in reality an account of the ritual murder of one of the Priest-Kings of that religion.

www.greatdreams.com...

If the above is true, it would seem that what was practiced at Solomon's Temple was a mixture of religious dogmas, ritual, and laws, with a little Mystery School magic.....and something really evil that Hiram Abiff added.

If so, wouldn't this give those who honor Hiram Abiff in their rituals something of a claim on the Temple Mount also?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
King Solomon himself had inherited the Egyptian line of succession derived from Moses; King Hiram of Tyre preserved the Chaldean descent; while Hiram Abiff brought with him another line of tradition, not derived from either of these sources.
If Hiram Abiff is of the tribe of Naphtali, I haven't seen anything that says the Naphtali were a "savage and primitive tribe" "who had bloodthirsty customs of mutilation and human sacrifice." Or at least I haven't seen evidence of that, have you?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The building of the temple in Freemasonry does not mean an actual building. It is an allegorical reference to the work of stonemasons.

The temple Masons learn to build is spiritual in nature.

I haven't heard of anything at least where Freemasonry lays claim to the Temple Mount.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Its all legend and allegories mate, Freemasons don't actually lay claim to the temple... just a story used to impress a spiritual lesson.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The story of King Solomon's Temple in reference to the Masons is an allegorical one. So no, the Masons don't hold any claim to the Temple Mount.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The very existence and nature of possible connections among the freemansons, the Templars, and the actual Temple Mount are always going to be hazy and ambiguious. Everyone's got their own take on things.

One historical fact I find exquisitely interesting is that when Herod was building the second temple, there was a law or tradition that only full rabbinic priests could alter the structure of the Temple. So he had several hundered STONEMASONS officially ordained as RELIGIOUS PRELATES as a technicality to get around this clause. So already as far back as the 1st century we have a body of...MASONS (in the literal sense) who have been INITITATED into some sort of ORDER that they might or might not fully understand. Food for thought at the very least.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
If they have no claim to the Temple Mount, then why does the York Rike signet ring have an emblem of the Al Aqsa Mosque on the side of the ring?

Are they actually serving a religious interest there?

Oh, and the text on the ring reads "Seal of the Military of the Temple".

Military usually implies some war-like behavior. Why does the Temple need a militia? Who do they plan to "take out"?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Sir, I'm a real-life Knight Templar™ and a McRosecrucian to Boot. I'm also an O.T.O. initiate, and I have even manged to reach the 96th degree of Memphis-Misraim (that's Grand and Puissant Soveriegn of the Order to you, son). This doesn't even count various initiations and empowerments of a Buddhistic nature received in East Asia over the years. And I can tell you this with absolute clarity: The only danged thing I'm gonna be "taking out" any time soon is the garbage, after which I'm gonna wash my hands and maybe go putter about on the roof garden a bit.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
reply to post by Alethea

Sir, I'm a real-life Knight Templar™ and a McRosecrucian to Boot. I'm also an O.T.O. initiate, and I have even manged to reach the 96th degree of Memphis-Misraim (that's Grand and Puissant Soveriegn of the Order to you, son). This doesn't even count various initiations and empowerments of a Buddhistic nature received in East Asia over the years.

Your organizations certainly seem to breed a sense of superiority into it's initiates. Some people are just "more worthy" than others, I suppose.

It's evident from your words that they promote more "us" and "them" philosophies to create divisions among people.

For all it's pomposity, your organizations are no different from many religions who teach their congregants that they are "more special than everyone else".

It won't be long before you see where all of your supposed "worthiness" gets you.

The scriptures say that the wolf and the lamb will lay down together and eat straw. This means that very soon the playing field will be leveled. Your superiority will be gone. Straw is not a souce of food or nutrition. You will be in the same position as those you once preyed on and thought of as being beneath you.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

My goodness, I take it dry humor and witty repartee are not your preferred modes? Sir, if it pleases thee I'm much more at home with an epee than a broadsword.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The Temple Mount is located on Mt. Moriah.

Why are so many lodges named "Mt. Moriah"?

Since all Masonic Temples follow the design of Solomon's Temple, does Freemasonry also have a claim on that property known as the Temple Mount where the original Temple of Solomon once stood?

Why are the Illuminati sometimes known as the "Winds of Moriah"?

Hi Alethia/

If Churches are named after Saints, then I do not see why a 'Lodge' would not also be named after what they practise?
That's how I see it!
It really doesn't matter what each believe they have claims to....all shall be revealed that is hidden....
Later?
Sooner?
God only knows!

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

If they have no claim to the Temple Mount, then why does the York Rike signet ring have an emblem of the Al Aqsa Mosque on the side of the ring?

This is only signet ring that the york rite makes use of:

Here are all the emblems used in the york rite:

Edit: I don't see how that refers to the "Al Aqsa Mosque". And from what I can tell they don't have an emblem.....

[edit on 9/30/2009 by Choronzon]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
[quote
I don't see how that refers to the "Al Aqsa Mosque". And from what I can tell they don't have an emblem.....

Perhaps you have been misinformed; or maybe you didn't pass you initiation to get the secret word on it yet.

Knights of Templar rings are worn by members of the York Rite of Freemasonry.

Here is a link to site which shows ring with the Al Aqsa Mosque on the side of it and a sword on the other side.

www.masonic-lodge-of-education.com...

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Membership rings are to each his own. Meaning you can put whatever you want on a blue lodge, York rite, or Scottish rite ring.

Now that having been said, this particular ring has a tower shield with the cross which is a hallmark of the Knights Templar. The Knights Templar is known as the military order within the york rite. That is no mystery.

I still don't see any inference or explanation of your "Al Aqsa Mosque" theory.

BTW, not only have i been properly initiated but i am also am an active initiator in the York Rite Commandery (Knights Templar).

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

And wearing a ring is personal matter. Nobody tells you what ring to wear to what lodge. You pick it you, you buy it, and whichever rings speaks to you, that is the ring you wear. Some people wear different rings for each lodge, but it is rare.

Me personally, I wear my blue lodge ring to every lodge or hall that I visit.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Perhaps you have been misinformed; or maybe you didn't pass you initiation to get the secret word on it yet.

No, he is correct.

No, not usually. Most Masons wear Blue Lodge rings. Some Knights Templar wear York Rite rings, but not many. It's a matter of personal taste.

Here is a link to site which shows ring with the Al Aqsa Mosque on the side of it and a sword on the other side.

www.masonic-lodge-of-education.com...

There aren't any mosques on Templar rings.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

Yeah, I don't see any connection to Al Aqsa mosque. With the approaching end to my government of the Eastern Chair in the Blue Lodge I have become much more active in my Commandery (I just got appointed temporary Senior Warden until the next election).

reply to post by Choronzon

I have a ring that is a band with the Lodge, Chapter, Council, and Commandery symbols going around it, so depending on where I'm at I just rotate the ring to the appropriate symbol.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by KSigMason]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Man, I love these threads where folks who aren't masons tell us masons what it all means.

I also love the bandying about of the Word, twisting and bastardizing it to fit your own condemnation of others.

Let's read the Words of Jesus, shall we:

Many of those who will assail you are ignorant of the light of heaven, but this is not true of some who now persecute us. If we had not taught them the truth, they might do many strange things without falling under condemnation, but now, since they have known the light and presumed to reject it, they have no excuse for their attitude. He who hates me hates my Father. It cannot be otherwise; the light which would save you if accepted can only condemn you if it is knowingly rejected. And what have I done to these men that they should hate me with such a terrible hatred? Nothing, save to offer them fellowship on earth and salvation in heaven. But have you not read in the Scripture the saying: `And they hated me without a cause'?

We who are Masons and Knights Templar accept your criticism with love. I would submit, though, that it is not one person's place to judge another.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hey now, brothers. A little charity here... The link she provides does indeed list a York Rite ring which is described by the ones selling it as having that Mosque on one side. The message we need to impart in this situation is that the ring in question is no more or less official than any other Masonic ring, and while one blacksmith makes such a ring, he may in fact be the only one using that symbology in his jewelry.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join