It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Robert Suffern UFO Encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This is an interesting but lesser known case that took place in Ontario, Canada in October of 1975. The craft descriptors and such are fairly classic. Where it gets interesting and slightly humorous (which I think was my attraction to it) is this Mr. Suffern almost runs over one the craft occupants with his car. It's a good read and still unsolved.

NUFORC Report

Robert Suffern of Three Mile Lake says a spaceship landed about 13 miles northwest of Bracebridge, Ontario, Canada, on October 7, 1975, and he almost ran over one of its occupants with his car. Mr. Suffern said the ship was about 12-14 feet across, nine feet high, and circular in shape. There was a black strip running around the circumference, and what looked to be a small platform at the bottom of the vehicle,” he said. Mr. Suffern said he found the ship while driving around to investigate “a glow in the sky” seen by his sister, who lives nearby, and who telephoned him to say she thought his barn might be on fire.

The ship was parked on a cottage road that led to the lake. He said that a few seconds after he saw it, the ship lifted straight up from the road in front of his car. “There was no dust raised, no apparent thrust, nothing,” he said. “It went straight up and over the trees.” Mr. Suffern said he turned his car around and headed home. However, when he reached the top of the hill, he had to slam on his brakes to avoid hitting “some sort of creature.” The creature, he said, was the height of the car fender. It had two legs, two arms, a globe-shaped helmet, and walked "“ort of like a midget. His helmet was slightly lighter in color and his spacesuit was like tin foil that has been crushed and flattened out,” he said. The creature turned, took three or four steps, vaulted over a fence, and disappeared.

Suffern said he raced back to his house and arrive in time to see the spaceship hover near his home before crossing the lake. He was badly shaken by the incident. “It’s all right to think what you would do if you came face to face with a situation like this,” he said, “but when it actually happens, you are scared because you are dealing with the unknown. I mean what do you do if they come to the door—offer them beer?”

Source

Sudbury, Ontario, STAR, 9 October 1975, page 1 Muskoka visitor from circular ship Almost runs over a 'space creature'

BRACEBRIDGE, Ont. (CP) - Robert Suffern of Three Mile Lake says a spaceship landed about 13 miles northwest of here Tuesday night and he almost ran over one of its occupants with his car.

Mr. Suffern said Wednesday the ship was about 12 to 14 feet across, nine feet high, and circular in shape.

Mr. Suffern said he found the ship while driving around to investigate "a glow in the sky" seen by his sister, who lives nearby and telephoned him to say she thought his barn might be on fire.

He said that a few seconds after he saw it, the ship lifted straight up from the road in front of the car.

Mr. Suffern said that, on returning home, he had to slam on his brakes to avoid hitting "some sort of creature."

The creature, he said, was the height of the car fender and dressed in silver. It had two legs, two arms, a globe-shaped helmet and walked "sort of like a midget."

The creature turned, took three or four steps, vaulted over a fence and disappeared.

Mr. Suffern said he raced back to his house and arrived in time to see the spaceship hover near his home before crossing the lake.

Mr. Suffern said he was badly shaken by the incident.

"It's all right to think what you would do if you came face to face with a situation like this," he said, "but when it actually happens, you are scared because you are dealing with the unknown."

"I mean what do you do if they come to the door . . . offer them a beer?"

Bracebridge is about 30 miles north of Orillia, in the Muskoka district.

Source

There is not much more to it that I could find. I think just off the cuff in a neighborly way, offering the visitors a beer is not that bad of an idea. Downright thoughtful if you ask me.

Cheers,

Erik

[edit on 22/SeppmSat, 26 Sep 2009 14:12:41 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

[edit on 22/SeppmSat, 26 Sep 2009 14:13:03 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

Interesting case, I don't recall hearing of it before, thanks for sharing. Here is some more information I found:

After arriving home, he again saw the UFO flying slowly close to the road before disappearing vertically.

The following year, during a lengthy interview with Harry Tokarz of the Canadian UFO Research Network (CUFORN), Suffern disclosed that two months after the encounter, on December 12, he and his wife were visited by three officials, who arrived in an O.P.P. (Ontario Provincial Police) car by pre-arranged appointment. The three men, in full uniform, bore impressive credentials from the Canadian Forces in Ottawa, the US Air Force, Pentagon, and the US Office of Naval Intelligence.

The officials allegedly showed Suffern a number of gun-camera photographs and other data on UFOs, and implied that the United States and Canadian Governments had known all about UFOs since 1943 supposedly as a result of a US Navy experiment involving radar invisibility - the so-called Philadelphia Experiment. They stated that they had been co-operating with the Aliens ever since that time. They said the incident witnessed by Suffern was "a mistake", claiming that a malfunction in the craft had brought it down. Furthermore, the officials knew the precise time of the landing, which had not been revealed to anyone at that time.

The Sufferns were also impressed by the fact that the three officials answered all their questions unhesitatingly and authoritatively, and insisted that the men were legitimate government agents whose identities could be proven. Suffern was unwilling to disclose further details, however, preferring to comply with the governments' desire for secrecy.

ufo-joe.tripod.com...

S/F...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Thanks for posting! I had never heard of that one before either.

I do wonder what I would do if I came face to face with one of these beings. Maybe I really would offer it a beer... well, maybe a margarita because beer just isn't my thing, lol.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Interesting case, I don't recall hearing of it before, thanks for sharing. Here is some more information I found:

After arriving home, he again saw the UFO flying slowly close to the road before disappearing vertically.

The following year, during a lengthy interview with Harry Tokarz of the Canadian UFO Research Network (CUFORN), Suffern disclosed that two months after the encounter, on December 12, he and his wife were visited by three officials, who arrived in an O.P.P. (Ontario Provincial Police) car by pre-arranged appointment. The three men, in full uniform, bore impressive credentials from the Canadian Forces in Ottawa, the US Air Force, Pentagon, and the US Office of Naval Intelligence.

The officials allegedly showed Suffern a number of gun-camera photographs and other data on UFOs, and implied that the United States and Canadian Governments had known all about UFOs since 1943 supposedly as a result of a US Navy experiment involving radar invisibility - the so-called Philadelphia Experiment. They stated that they had been co-operating with the Aliens ever since that time. They said the incident witnessed by Suffern was "a mistake", claiming that a malfunction in the craft had brought it down. Furthermore, the officials knew the precise time of the landing, which had not been revealed to anyone at that time.

The Sufferns were also impressed by the fact that the three officials answered all their questions unhesitatingly and authoritatively, and insisted that the men were legitimate government agents whose identities could be proven. Suffern was unwilling to disclose further details, however, preferring to comply with the governments' desire for secrecy.

ufo-joe.tripod.com...

S/F...

Hey! Thanks JK. Good info. I found the same info on another site and omitted it as there was a document affiliated with it in addition to the case that expressed some thoughts on said case by Phillip Klass (a noted die hard skeptic) and William "Bill" Moore (a nefarious and notorius Disinfo Agent in close association with Richard Doty). I felt those two elements would only serve to confuse and muddy the case, it's presentation and it's simple relevancy so as I stated I opted for ommission. But!........you found the same info without the riff-raff associated with it. Good job!

Cheers and Thanks again,

Erik

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

Thanks for posting! I had never heard of that one before either.

I do wonder what I would do if I came face to face with one of these beings. Maybe I really would offer it a beer... well, maybe a margarita because beer just isn't my thing, lol.

You know?......The thought is in the giving. As far as not offering a beer, well.....nobody's perfect.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Just as an FYI, it is quite remarkable to be able to post a case not previously heard of on this site that is both relevant and non-contrived. You know how hard that is to do here?! All I can say is that it took four hours of looking on search engines and cross checking it on this site before I found one that fit the bill and it also had to resonate with me as well as be the genuine article.

Sorry about the off-topic post. I just found this incredible that there is an unknown and relevant case NOT on ATS. Think about it. It's almost unimaginable.....

Cheers,

Erik

new topics

top topics

join