It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: School Kids Taught to Praise Obama

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter

You all need to quit complaining.
There's nothing wrong with this video.

Just because he's black doesn't mean that's why they made the video!!! Listen to some of yourselves, you sound like closet racists.

And I'm white!!

hahaha

Until you hear kids going
"Barack Husain Obama he said to drink the red cool-ade and shave our heads hmm hmm hmm" then I kindly suggest you quit your exageration of a harmless song with harmless words. There is nothing wrong with teaching kids to write a positive song about the current president, ever.

What about the nursery rhyme... "Ring around the rosey pocket full of posey." I remember singing that as a young young kid, but do any of you know the true meaning to that song?!
Im going to follow up to your points, in order.

First off, there is very much wrong with the video, and the parents of the children seem to agree. In the end the parents have the say.

Second, the schools defense was that it was black history month, so therefore the statement "It wasn't because he was black" is actually very wrong.

Third, being white means nothing. Opinions have nothing to do with skin color, the reason America hasn't made much progress in the race area is because people like you constantly pull out the race card.

Fourth, the song was made after a song praising JESUS. This is a president for freaks sake. Obama has been treated like a holy figure from the beginning.

Fifth, and completely unrelated to the topic; contrary to popular belief, "ring around the rosies" has absolutely no real meaning to it. The whole black plague thing is a myth.

Just another fine example of someone that doesn't know what they are talking about.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That's how America handles things, playing with mindf**cked people's minds
using everithing they can to manipulate you

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Seriously, this was part of Black History month production and this song and its tribute to President Obama is but one of the many that were performed that day about other prominent black Americans throughout history. Like it, or not, Obama is the first black president, and is one of the major milestones in the struggle for civil rights. Black leaders of the past even spoke of, and lamented of a day that this would happen and everything would change, that the pain and suffering of their struggle would pay off. So it is only natural for such a person as Barrack Obama to be a part of Black History month. And just because one line is similar to a song sung by children in Sunday school does not mean anything.

These children sang a song that may have been simple, corny, and unoriginal, but it was a part of Black History month and that is that. There is nothing else to read into this. It is what it is and this whole incident is just another example of people intentionally misrepresenting and exaggerating something innocent in order to push their agendas.

As for elevating Obama to that of a Messiah or God, it appears that only one side is doing this and it doesn't appear to be the left...

[edit on 29-9-2009 by DJM8507]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
Seriously, this was part of Black History month production and this song and its tribute to President Obama is but one of the many that were performed that day about other prominent black Americans throughout history. Like it, or not, Obama is the first black president, and is one of the major milestones in the struggle for civil rights. Black leaders of the past even spoke of, and lamented of a day that this would happen and everything would change, that the pain and suffering of their struggle would pay off. So it is only natural for such a person as Barrack Obama to be a part of Black History month. And just because one line is similar to a song sung by children in Sunday school does not mean anything.

These children sang a song that may have been simple, corny, and unoriginal, but it was a part of Black History month and that is that. There is nothing else to read into this. It is what it is and this whole incident is just another example of people intentionally misrepresenting and exaggerating something innocent in order to push their agendas.

As for elevating Obama to that of a Messiah or God, it appears that only one side is doing this and it doesn't appear to be the left...

[edit on 29-9-2009 by DJM8507]

I will say this again.... If the song was in context of Black History Month and Obama's achievements as an African American, I think it would be acceptable. However the song was in praise of Obama's platform, and the woman leading the song to the children wrote an Obama book with curriculum to teach children of their potential through 'learning of the greatness of Barack Obama.'

This song was not about Obama's ethnicity. It was a song teaching the school children that Obama's belief's and politics are correct the right things to believe in. Under the guise of Black History Month, adults do not have license to politicize children. I am not blaming Obama for this, but no children should ever be subjected to this sort of nonsense.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
However the song was in praise of Obama's platform,

[...]

It was a song teaching the school children that Obama's belief's and politics are correct the right things to believe in.

You're gonna' beat this horse long past its death....aren't ya'?

Once again, here's the lyrics minus a reference to any specific person....

He said that all must lend a hand
To make this country strong again

He said we must be clear today
Equal work means equal pay

He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance

He said Red, Yellow, Black or White
All are equal in his sight

I personally share those values myself.....maybe I'm the one being elevated to "God-like" status.

Ranting and raving about the "politicization" of vanilla values like these is weird.....and frankly, could be considered offensive to anyone who shares those values.

You aren't actually suggesting that these values are somehow flawed, are you? That they are values that should not be taught to children?

Now let's trim any reference to a specific pronoun.....and focus on the values....

make this country strong again
make sure everyone gets a chance
All are equal

If you're not focusing your dislike on the man.....these must be the concepts that you're disagreeing with....correct? Those values are as far removed from any personality I can possibly make them.

Now, what's wrong with those values?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranberrydork

Originally posted by johnny2127
However the song was in praise of Obama's platform,

[...]

It was a song teaching the school children that Obama's belief's and politics are correct the right things to believe in.

You're gonna' beat this horse long past its death....aren't ya'?

Once again, here's the lyrics minus a reference to any specific person....

He said that all must lend a hand
To make this country strong again

He said we must be clear today

He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance

He said Red, Yellow, Black or White
All are equal in his sight

I personally share those values myself.....maybe I'm the one being elevated to "God-like" status.

Ranting and raving about the "politicization" of vanilla values like these is weird.....and frankly, could be considered offensive to anyone who shares those values.

You aren't actually suggesting that these values are somehow flawed, are you? That they are values that should not be taught to children?

Now let's trim any reference to a specific pronoun.....and focus on the values....

make this country strong again
make sure everyone gets a chance
All are equal

If you're not focusing your dislike on the man.....these must be the concepts that you're disagreeing with....correct? Those values are as far removed from any personality I can possibly make them.

Now, what's wrong with those values?

See, you are making my point for me. Turn this around..... in other words, before Obama, no one stood for these things or fought for them. Apparently, all it takes is Obama in office to accomplish these things. It is telling the kids that Obama's policies will accomplish these things.

Its trying to teach the kids the virtues and policies of Obama will accomplish these things.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

wats to be pissed about its not this fault its the teachers barack is just doing his job.. you couldnt do any better

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
mmm mmm mmm

A video has been found of kids from the gulf coast serenading Laura Bush while praising then President Bush for his response to Katrina.

Here are the words

Katrina could not stop us
our hopes will never fade
congress bush and fema
people across our land
people have come to rebuild us
and we join them hand in hand.

mmm mmm mmm

Laura Bush was standing with the children.

It is not on youtube yet, so scroll down and watch video 3.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Continue your rants.

Edit to add.... where were you guys and your "children being indoctrinated" then?

Harm None
Peace

[edit on 29-9-2009 by amazed]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Is this the same song that fox news has been talking about?

"It's just like the Hitler Youth all over again," said Concannon, an unemployed 26-year-old former National Guardsman. "They should be learning history, but instead they're being taught to worship the president."

Fox News--
www.foxcarolina.com...
Fox News--
www.foxcarolina.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
mmm mmm mmm

A video has been found of kids from the gulf coast serenading Laura Bush while praising then President Bush for his response to Katrina.

Here are the words

congress bush and fema
people across our land

mmm mmm mmm

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Continue your rants.

Edit to add.... where were you guys and your "children being indoctrinated" then?

Harm None
Peace

Originally posted by s14mikeysr20
Is this the same song that fox news has been talking about?

"It's just like the Hitler Youth all over again," said Concannon, an unemployed 26-year-old former National Guardsman. "They should be learning history, but instead they're being taught to worship the president."

Fox News--
www.foxcarolina.com...
Fox News--
www.foxcarolina.com...

No, the one I posted was children serenading Laura Bush and "praising" then president Bush, congress and FEMA.

It is in response to many people here claiming, that if ever children were to have sung about Bush, they would be just as angry as they are now, and supposedly children never sung about Bush. Even though in my child's school they sure did.

And now, this video. Proof, that many people are just hating on Obama just for the sake of hating on Obama.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
What rubbish!
Every parent was asked if they objected before and after the event.
Not one complaint.
Grow up.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Obama as with Bush are not running America! They are puppets plain and simple. Some one on the list complained about the music in the background - that was not the original music - that was FOX news editing. All these events are staged - they were staged with Bush and they are staged with Obama. So what kids are singing to Obama - Obama is not just sitting in a classroom for 40 minutes while America is being Attacked by terrorists.

Just remember - it is not Obama calling the shots for this stuff - it is the commissions that helped get him elected - same for Bush.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

My reaction to this video is a sarcastic, "Sieg Heil!"

Worshiping leaders is something best left to dictatorships.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Clearing up the right-wing lies and distortion.

Song was approved off by ALL the children's parents in advance and no complaints ever came after. It took place during Black History Month in February! You lose. Try Again.

Originally posted by dirtydogman
What rubbish!
Every parent was asked if they objected before and after the event.
Not one complaint.
Grow up.

If they watch Fox News, they aren't interested in your "facts."

[edit on 30-9-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB

First off, there is very much wrong with the video, and the parents of the children seem to agree. In the end the parents have the say..........

Fifth, and completely unrelated to the topic; contrary to popular belief, "ring around the rosies" has absolutely no real meaning to it. The whole black plague thing is a myth.

Just another fine example of someone that doesn't know what they are talking about.

None of the parents of the students at B. Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington Township, New Jersey, objected to the lyrics of a song that mentioned President Barack Obama, the executive editor of the local paper told Fox News.

Everett Mitchell, executive editor of the Cherry Hill Post-Courier, told Fox's Greta Van Susteren that "no parents objected to [the song] prior to the assembly, during the assembly or after the assembly."

Mitchell told On the Record with Greta Van Susteren that parents were sent the lyrics of the song in advance, as is standard procedure with performances of this sort, and that no one voiced any concerns about it. He noted the performance took place in February, shortly after the inauguration of the 44th president, when Obama's popularity ratings were riding high.

During Black History Month Celebration!!

[edit on 30-9-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
john stewart said it best

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
mmm mmm mmm

Here are the words

congress bush and fema
people across our land

mmm mmm mmm

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Continue your rants.

Harm None
Peace

And if you had read anything nearly everyone on here has said, you would know that we said that its not ok for this to happen in schools no matter who the President is. It is never ok to do this to children.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
"Mmm Mmm Mmm"? *Laughs* They could use that for a soup add.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Agent Thunder]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
How many of you actually did research on this other then the video. This is no more then class of singing about Obama for black history month. Love him or hate him the man is a living legand. They sung about Martin Luther King Jr. before he died. I see no problem with it. For better or worse (hopefully better) this man has changed the face of what a minority can achieve in this country. I hope he will change the face of politics in this country also but that remains to be seen.

It seems to me that there are only 4 groups of people that are pushing this subject.

1) racist - Open about it and do not want or think a black man can ever be or should be a leader,

2) Birthers - a lot of them are racist but not all

3) People that are not compleatly racist such as neo nazis and the KKK but do not think that the presiedent should be black.

4) People that just dont like him and now will find whatever reason to get him out of office.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmotley

4) People that just dont like him and now will find whatever reason to get him out of office.

All that racist garbage in your post is nonsense, the left wing MSM and the left in Washington would like the world to believe that ALL Americans opposed to this president are racists.

Your number four is closer to the truth, but in my case I was an Obama supporter early on, I have no problem with him as a person, I have major problems with what he and his controllers are doing and seeking to do to this country.

Long after I am gone, my children and theirs will have to pay for this administration's policies and reckless spending, expansion of government and they will learn what has been sacrificed here in the name of socialim. Spreading the wealth at the expense of their future.

I have no problem with Obama, I hate what he is doing to this country, he and the congress, and his administration, special interests and lobbyists.

Having children sing his praises in school is simply an insulting side show.

The children themselves will grow up in the post Obama world, they will be singing a different tune one day.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join