It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds issue security alerts on stadiums, hotels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
looks like they are laying the ground work for something (MSS BS) with all of the terror plot talk and such...

line dux

Officials: More than a half-dozen people possibly in alleged NYC plot

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

"blasting and destroying the places of amusement, immorality, and sin... and attacking vital economic centers" as desired targets of the organization.

I am going straight home and check my bedroom! It has been my centerpiece of those areas for almost 2 decades!! How did they find out about it?

Those AQ guys are good! They even know about the "commerce" that takes place when my game is a little off!

Back on topic:

I finally got a hold of my FBI friend, and he wasn't doing anything special. He does National Security related investigations, but he said it is very rare to make an arrest. Generally he befriends these suspects and shares information. A little give, a little take, and hopefully we come out ahead in the long run!

He wasn't the least bit concerned about the current developments!

[edit on 22-9-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
More groundwork, laying the fears down so after the event they can say "see, we were trying but our resources are so low. Now all we need is fewer freedoms and laws protecting citizens..."

My gut is telling me that people in power need to remind the citizens why we are fighting the "big bad Muslim", and those in the business need to guarantee their finding.
Those in political power need a distraction from the economy.
And those in power also need a few more of your freedoms and rights to adequately prevent you from rioting when the SHTF.

There is too much to gain for all these people for there not to be another event soon.
It's just a matter of when.

That's my opinion anyway.
Still, the chances of it affecting YOU (any of you) are very minute.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think it's a ploy to keep terrorism current with the UN. The UN seems to be focused on Climate Change, however a terrorist attack or threat of in NY while they are meeting, could help to bring it back into focus for them.

If we are going broke as it seems, we will need more support from the world to battle the terrorism war, so this keeps it relevant when we ask for $$ and more troops from our allies.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I was pondering a Tuesday morning warning and it hit me!

Economy is the number one concern! They could not have posted a warning for hotels and sporting events leading into last weekend when they actually made the arrests!! Too many travellers and sports fans to collect money from!

Now, they can release it on a Tuesday morning with Financial News, and give it all week to trickle off the front pages, and thus not affect the upcoming weekend events, but if anything happens, they can say, ohhhhh we warned you!!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
[font=Comic Sans MS]Living in las vegas is safe.... so says Good Ole Mayor Oscar Goodman, but then you have the f.b.i. and everyone trying to cause people to worry. www.kvbc.com...[/url]... can you believe they would put this out there?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
www.tallahassee.com...

Front Page of our Tallahassee Democrat Paper today:
"FDLE Says No Threat to Florida"

So, I guess the terrorists have called around to the states they like, and have told them not to worry. Their beef is really with NYC and DC, the rest of us can rest easy.

What a joke of an investigation, what a joke of a supposed "free" press! What a joke of a government and all the related agencies, we seem to have!

My FBI buddy called me back last night, he is currently working in the "National Security" realm of investigation, and he hadn't heard of this terror threat at all!!
He had to ask me what they were saying about it on the news. He told me it is all for show! He said, "You're a chemist, could you bring down a plane with a couple of 3 oz liquids in plastic baggies?" I said, SURE. And he said.....see! All for show! There is no security, only the illusion for the masses! He doesn't watch the news....ever!

new topics

top topics

join