It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Many Types of ufo Evidence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There is so much evidence on the existence of UFOs and, subsequently, ETs, that it defies common sense that everyone does not know about them. The only explanation for this non-dissemination of knowledge is the successful information blocking expertise of those who do not want the public to know. I want the public to know.

The Many Types of ufo evidence

1. Public Eyewitness accounts: Millions of people have seen strange objects in the sky that did not behave like anything they have ever seen before. Hundreds of thousands of these people have given reports of their sightings to their government authorities.

2. Historical and Artistic Records: There are thousands of historical or artistic records of phenomena that fit the description of current day UFOs and ETs. See the encyclopedic works of Jerome Clark, the four volume set "U.F.O.s and Extraterrestrials in History" by Yves Naud, or a graduate thesis of UFOs in History as shown thru art by the Italian woman, Stefania Genovese.

3. Aircraft Pilot Sightings: Over ten thousand aircraft pilots have seen UFOs during day and night. Ex-NASA scientist, Richard Haines, has recorded over 3,500 aircraft pilots’ sightings of UFOs. These pilots have seen UFOs up close, which means within a mile. Some of these pilots have slowly steered their planes or jets to get closer to the UFOs, which would only allow them to get so close. Other pilots have actually chased them, but the UFOs have always eluded them. When the UFOs approached the aircraft too closely, many of the planes instruments went haywire. 

3b. Military Aircraft Activities: There have been hundreds of air force pilots that have tried to attack UFOs and some have fired machine gun blasts, canons, and air to air missiles at them. According to second hand statements by a handful of military people, some pilots were destroyed by trying to attack. However, most pilots had their weapons systems neutralized or their avionics shutdown. They also had their radar jammed and had the tables turned on them.

4. Radar and Visual Sightings: There have been thousands of radar and visual sightings of UFOs. These simultaneous viewings have been recorded since the 1940’s. The July 1952 sightings over Washington D.C. had up to three different radar stations tracking the same visually sighted UFO.

5. Radioactivity, Radar and Visual Sightings: There have been simultaneous visual, radar and radioactivity recordings of UFOs. The first USAF director of Project Bluebook publicly documented this. See Edward Ruppelt’s “The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects” Chapter 15.

6. Photographic and Video Evidence: Hundreds of thousands of photographs, films and videos have been taken of UFOs and yet very little of this ever gets put in newspapers or TV news programs. Many of the few photos that did make the newspapers were the rare hoaxes or the easily explained misperceptions of the public. Many of the early photographs and films were either stolen or confiscated by the military or intelligence personnel.

7. Transportation Vehicles Effected: Gasoline-powered cars have stalled when a UFO approached too closely. This has happened in hundreds of recorded instances. At the same time, nearby diesel engines were not affected. In addition, the car’s lights, windshield wipers, cigarette lighter and anything in the car that required electricity from the battery was made inoperable when the UFO was in the near vicinity of the vehicle.

8. Communication Devices Effected: Thousands of TVs, radios, and cell phones have failed to work properly when a UFO was too close.

9. Scientific Measurements: Magnetic, electrostatic and electromagnetic measurements have been taken when UFOs were in the vicinity of the measuring equipment.

10. Landing Traces: UFOs have landed and left imprints on the ground. In addition, torn, bent and charred vegetation, soil and rocks have been analyzed and found to have many strange electromagnetic and biological characteristics that are not naturally found at the landing site. Vegetation will not grow and seeds will not germinate for extended periods of time. At some UFO landing sites, the soil has been dehydrated and will not absorb water.

11. Strange Animal Behavior: There are thousands of cases where animals have behaved strangely when a UFO is spotted nearby. Some horses and cattle will run around wildly. Some dogs and pets will hide. Some animals will not move in the direction of the UFO.

13. Crop Circles: Thousands of crop circles have occurred over hundreds of years. Some of these circles are incredibly detailed. Yet, the only explanation that was acknowledged in the media was of two old beer-drinking men, one of whom is now dead, confessed to making “most” of them. I guess the ghost of the ex-crop hoaxer is the busiest ghost in history. Laboratory analysis has shown chemical changes and strange magnetic anomalies to the bent plants and surrounding soil in many crop circles that could not be caused if a prankster was bending the plant thru mechanical means. 

14. Human Implants: Thousands of implants have been recovered. Of those analyzed, none appear to be of any known material on Earth that is either naturally occurring or man-made. Typically, laboratory analysis shows that the isotopes of the elements in the implant are not common or even known on the Earth’s surface.

15. Human Abductions: Thousands of people claim to have been abducted. The writings of Budd Hopkins, David Jacobs, John E. Mack, and James Harder have shown the experiences in detail of hundreds of people who have been abducted.

16. Human Impregnations: Thousands of women claim to have been impregnated and had their fetuses removed generally by the third month. These women and their doctors are perplexed by the changes in their once pregnant bodies.

17. Astronaut Sightings: Astronauts and cosmonauts have stated publicly that they have seen UFOs. Astronauts, scientists and technicians have stated that they have seen and photographed UFOs on and near the moon, and artificial structures on the Moon and Mars.

18. Law Enforcement Sightings: Thousands of policemen have reported UFO sightings and many have been harassed for doing so. Dozens of law enforcement officials and technical personnel have lost their jobs and more when they came forth with testimony regarding UFOs.
source material

If that's not evidence, then I don't know what is

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If any of that evidence, of which there is admittedly a lot of, was worth anything more than a passing glance don't you think the debate would be closer to over by now?

I mean, everyone asks the rhetorical question "How can the truth of UFO's be denied? People wake up! The evidence is plain as day!!!". Despite the shear amount of heart put into such a statement, it is the "evidence" itself that leads to some of the damning of this subject. It's weak, and VERY inconclusive.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Second hand stories. Sometimes they're pretty compelling, especially if additional facts do come to light which back them up. See here.

Also, when they come from someone like Edgar Mitchell.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

I'd sooner believe an astronaut then the average abductee for obvious reasons.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChovyThe only explanation for this non-dissemination of knowledge is the successful information blocking expertise of those who do not want the public to know.

Yes and I figured out how they must be doing it...

You know those red flashy things they use on Men in Black? Remember the 'cameras installed in TV scare"

Well what they really put in their is a device that does the same thing only subliminally through the TV screen... Since everyone watches TV and they can profile you by what you watch they can send out appropriate conditioning.

It's ingenious really... after the right conditioning you could look right at a picture of a moon base and see 'only rocks'

They used to do it in drive in movie theaters... to make you want food at intermission
and now they can beam sound right into your head for advertising when you walk down the street.

Yup... that has to be the way they keep the lid on

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
There is so much evidence on the existence of UFOs and, subsequently, ETs, that it defies common sense that everyone does not know about them.
If that's not evidence, then I don't know what is

There's lots of evidence of UFOs. People see things they can't explain. But 95% of the time, what they see is explainable with more research. Still that leaves 5% of sightings that can't be explained. Those are real UFOs, nobody can deny they exist, it's a documented fact with overwhelming evidence. So anyone who says there arent any UFOs is clearly misinformed.

What there is no credible evidence for yet, is that any of those UFOs are of ET origin. Maybe some UFOs are ET or maybe none are, but in either case the evidence just isn't there to conclusively say they are ET. I would like there to be such evidence, but even looking at the evidence with an open mind, with some of the best abduction cases like Barney and Betty Hill, and Travis Walton, they point to an ET possibility, but fall short of the type of evidence that results in proof. As for the abductions that happen when someone is alone in their bed, I find those way less credible than the Hill and Walton abductions, given what we know about sleep paralysis.

I've had implants removed from my body too but that doesn't mean I was abducted, so when I look at the "evidence" in the implant cases it's really not very convincing at all.

I believed some UFOs were ET when I started researching them, probably because I had read UFO books and believed the stories as the authors of those books portrayed them. Once I started doing my own research, I found facts that the UFO book authors didn't present. We really have to look at all the evidence, not just the biased view of a believer or a skeptic.

So in summary:
Evidence for UFOs: Incontrovertible.
Evidence for ETs: Insufficient.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

The Many Types of ufo Evidence

I'll comment on 2 of your selections:
"There is so much evidence on the existence of UFOs and, subsequently, ETs,..." Yes to the UFOs, no to the "ETs".

"13. Crop Circles: Thousands of crop circles have occurred over hundreds of years. Some of these circles are incredibly detailed. Yet, the only explanation that was acknowledged in the media was of two old beer-drinking men, one of whom is now dead, confessed to making “most” of them. I guess the ghost of the ex-crop hoaxer is the busiest ghost in history. Laboratory analysis has shown chemical changes and strange magnetic anomalies to the bent plants and surrounding soil in many crop circles that could not be caused if a prankster was bending the plant thru mechanical means."

Crop Circles or, more correctly, Agri-Glyphs, are ALL human-created. There is no evidence for any than humans regardless of the outlandish claims that "aliens" are responsible for all or some. NONE! What is not publicized, although it was shown a few times on TV, is that there was a contest where 12 teams were given sketches of patterns they were to construct during the night. Science Frontiers has some info about the contest here: www.science-frontiers.com...

But there are those that always think they have an other than humans answer by saying "Yet, the only explanation that was acknowledged in the media was of two old beer-drinking men, one of whom is now dead, confessed to making “most” of them." On the contrary, there were a ton of people who made/make agri-glyphs for fun and for money.

There was another show where a team was shown constructing a very complex image that was claimed to be done by non-humans. Yet, the making of the image was recorded for posterity using cameras mounted on extremely high booms.

So far, regardless of advanced claims, no one has been able to prove that anything other than humans created even the most fantastic, most complex image. It is us, not "them"!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

reply to post by fls13

I'd sooner believe an astronaut then the average abductee for obvious reasons.

Notoriety does not give the notorious any more believability than someone with a good story.

Edgar Mitchell achieved something for which he has a right to be admired and respected. But once he talks about something he has no first hand knowledge of, he is just repeating what he has heard, what he has been told. On other forums Mr Mitchell was raked over the coals over his utterings.

When he speaks about astronaut things, I listen. When he speaks about his moon experiences I'm all ears. When he strays, I'm outta here! And he strays!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
When he speaks about astronaut things, I listen. When he speaks about his moon experiences I'm all ears. When he strays, I'm outta here! And he strays!

So what your saying is you have a selective hearing issue.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Most of the human race are cynical, skeptical, fear of ridicule, and embarrassed and darn right scared of the subject due to how they were brought up/Educated, Religions and Media conditioning.

Myself and five other campers witnessed a very close fly by and one of them was so scared he ran in to his tent in fear and would come out for hours then denied ever seeing anything and called us who were there all liers?.

Shortly after his wife divorced him

A few years later I was chatting with some friends and associates about our experience over a few drinks and one associate was a smurking smart arse cynical little creep who just sounded out so loud as to attract everyones attention in the bar to our conversation.

Outcome! Two broken ribs and a nose.

I know your frustrations and thanks for a great post.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

If there is only one picture or piece of footage of an alien spacecraft that is real, all the debunkers and non-believers have a huge problem.
And boy, they do have a problem.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Erich Kemper]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

what are you trying to say? Are you unable to think outside the box?

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Chovy]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Where is the evidence (either one piece, or a series) proving UFO are of ET origin that shuts up the naysayers, the skeptics and such?

Why, after 60 years of sightings and experiences has no one been able to produce evidence that UFOs are from off-world that is absolutely unassailable?

As I recall, the camera in the set top box thing turned out to be a hoax. Someone had installed a nanny cam component where the IR receiver should be, took a picture, posted it and many were suckered.

urbanlegends.about.com...

I would love to finally know that some UFOs are from another world or something - but nothing has come along to absolutely prove it, yet.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by synchro

I guess the biogically altered vegetation near several landing sites is not enough evidence for you?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by synchro
Where is the evidence (either one piece, or a series) proving UFO are of ET origin that shuts up the naysayers, the skeptics and such?

There is a significant amount of UFO evidence where ET origin seems to be the best explanation for an event. That's certainly enough to keep me interested.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I guess the biogically altered vegetation near several landing sites is not enough evidence for you?

Got some linkies to back that up? A science paper or two perhaps? Would like to see that

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Physical trace reports were labelled Close Encounters of the Second Kind (CE-II) by the late J. Allen Hynek and involve instances where there was a physical interaction between the UFO and its environment. Usually, these involve a landing trace, such as depressed grass or soil, but also burned or broken vegetation, residues, and more exotic traces.

ufo physical traces in canada

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Well you want my 'best case' proof?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You mean all those home made YouTube videos? You can do better then that zorgon.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The vegetation under a depletion of moisture would cause the collapse of stalks.

I haven't seen any analysis of what makes the stalks collapse other than a board on a rope.

A severe loss of electrons might do the job if any one was truly interested.
Except to duplicate the beam would impossible with today's knowledge.
Perhaps a van Der Graff might help on a few samples for a quick check.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join