It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My grand father was a Worshipful Master????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I was watching some old cine film with my parents yesterday and they mentioned something about having a meal at a masons lodge. Being the only conspiracy theorist in the family. i showed some quiet interest. My dad tells me my grandfather was a Worshipful master, or something like that. I know very little about the masons so if anyone can tell me what a worshipful master does. i'd be interested to know. Would he have worshiped Lucifer?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Worshipful master is the elected "head Mason" of a Lodge.
The term worshipful is used in it's old English sense, which means full of worship.

No, it doesn't mean he worships Lucifer. Dunno what your Grandfather was, but he was probably Christian, right?
So he probably worshiped God.

Each Lodge will have it's officers which are elected to their various positions. I dunno the time frame for each one, I believe a worshipful master would serve a year.

Depending on how well he was liked by the fellows in the lodge, he may have served as Worshipful master a few times, especially if his lodge was short of members.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Worshipping Lucifer?

No friend, your Gran was most likely a very upstanding and considerate person. In those days, its was as common as not to belong to a brotherhood (Masons, Odd fellows, Woodsmen, Lions, Rotary, ect.).

Back in those days, people went outside of themselves. They were decent.

Honor your Gran.

Want to learn a little bit about us, get a copy of "morals and dogma" from Albert Pike. I'm going through it now (should have done it sooner-like immediatley after initiation). He was an amazing man and his info is weirdly current....for a 100 plus year old book.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I was watching some old cine film with my parents yesterday and they mentioned something about having a meal at a masons lodge. Being the only conspiracy theorist in the family. i showed some quiet interest. My dad tells me my grandfather was a Worshipful master, or something like that. I know very little about the masons so if anyone can tell me what a worshipful master does. i'd be interested to know. Would he have worshiped Lucifer?

To answer your second question first, no.

The Master of the Lodge is an elected position (usually 1-year duration) and he oversees the operation of the Lodge during that year, initiating candidates and advancing Masons to the second and third degree (Fellow Craft and Master Mason respectively), and is responsible for guiding and directing the work of the brethren of the Lodge (charitable work as an example) as well as ensuring that the Lodge itself continues to be a useful contributor to society in general and its community in particular.

The term "worshipful" is used for every sitting (current) Master of a Lodge. If he were to want to involve himself at the District level or Grand Lodge of the jurisdiction (Province for example), he might be referred to as Very Wroshipful, Right Worshipful or even Most Worshipful depending on the position.

HTH
Fitz

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
as a mason you have the choice to enter into the chairs. Putting yourself in the rotation of becoming an officer in your lodge. It takes a great deal of dedication as you have to be at most every meeting and it usually takes at least 5 years to become Worshipful Master. Anyone who is a past master is usually respected by most due to the fact that he has put in a large amount of time to the fraternity. As master you get to steer the entire lodge in the direction you would like.

Masons don't worship the devil or any of that other crap you read here. We believe in God and just try to be better men. I would bet your grandfather was a very good man.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
My great grandfather, grandfather, father and an uncle have all served as WM of their repective lodges. All of them good christian men who made a difference working in their communities and were respected for it by all.

I've never found the time to devote to masonry outside my work and family commitments but I have been approached and asked to consider joining the fellowship - it's a bit of a family tradition.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
I've never found the time to devote to masonry outside my work and family commitments but I have been approached and asked to consider joining the fellowship - it's a bit of a family tradition.

As it should be. Masonry expects that you will attend to your familial and work commitments first and foremost before making time for Masonry. Some men find that time earlier in their lives than others. Hopefully that time will come for you.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
My dad tells me my grandfather was a Worshipful master, or something like that. I know very little about the masons so if anyone can tell me what a worshipful master does.

He was the presiding officer of a Masonic Lodge, what other organizations would call "president".

i'd be interested to know. Would he have worshiped Lucifer?

No, Masons don't worship "Lucifer". It is not necessary to believe in "Lucifer" to be a Mason.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I agree with ML completely.

This is a fundamental error made by so many anti masons. Most anti-masons look at things only from a Christian point of view.

Most masons are not Christian, and do not believe in either the Christian God or Lucifer.

To assume that they worship Lucifer, when they don't even believe in such an entity, is absurd.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Most masons are not Christian, and do not believe in either the Christian God or Lucifer.

Really? I've gotten the impression that most Masons were Christian.
I'm well aware many are deists, to be certain.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I think the prevalence of Christian Masons in the USA is higher than in other countries. You're probably right as far as the USA is concerned.

My guess (from what I've seen and heard) is that in Europe and Africa, about a third are Christian.
(This is purely a guess, and I could be totally wrong.)

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Hey now, I don't wanna get flamed. The very best man I have ever known is a 33rd degree mason. He taught me many things, and expanded my views on life.............so, I guess my overall outlook on the evil nasty masons is still out there; only in regards to the way high ups like alluded to in this thread. I do absolutely believe every organization is infiltrated, and controlled at higher levels, but at any level should a Person choose to take the information at face value, and only learn from the centuries, and possibly millenia's of knowledge; should You use that information in a positive light it really will change the World.

Information is not the enemy; it's how it is used.

S&F

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

the problem with what you said is that nobody can decribe how the higher levels exist. Our lodges answer only to the Grand lodge of that state. There is no national stucture. So where are these "higher levels"? Are they at the state level? Is there a hidden group that secretly initiates people to their group? If this is true, how do you know about it?

Our constitutuion was written in a way that we should not have the situation we have today. There have been amenments and changes to allow the Governmnet to have to power it has. Masonry has not adapted to changes. The way the structure is formed is the way it has been since the times of limiting power to prevent a corrupt leadership. By limiting power to state level, it's possible to have a corrupt leadership in one state, but only for one year. New leaders will be elected and a change of command wil occur. What good would a secret group of masons have if they didn't even have control over other masons?

[edit on 20-9-2009 by network dude]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Funny story about that. When i became 18 i joined my Lodge that i am currently at. I received my 1st degree and the following week i was Junior steward. I don't think there has been one time that i have sat on the sidelines.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

where do you sit now?

I did about the same thing. I was installed as a Steward a few months after being raised.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Me too. I was made steward the very next meeting after joining.

I joined four years ago. But we've had about ten guys join in the last few years, so I'll only get to be IG next year, but I was lucky enough to get assistant DC in the mean time, so I at least get to do some floor work.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

I joined at 21, 2-months after being raised I was installed as SD, a month went by and I was elected JW, SW the next year, and then elected to the East.

I've never seen the sidelines, even after each ceremony I sat as either Marshall or Steward.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by KSigMason]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bushidomason
reply to post by network dude

Funny story about that. When i became 18 i joined my Lodge that i am currently at. I received my 1st degree and the following week i was Junior steward. I don't think there has been one time that i have sat on the sidelines.

How were you expected to function when the Lodge was open in the 2nd and 3rd degrees?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Fitz, I think you misread.

He said junior steward, not junior deacon!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
Me too. I was made steward the very next meeting after joining.

I joined four years ago. But we've had about ten guys join in the last few years, so I'll only get to be IG next year, but I was lucky enough to get assistant DC in the mean time, so I at least get to do some floor work.

please forgive my ignorance, but IG, and DC?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join