It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will it take an E.T intervention to solve the worlds problems

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hi all

This has been on my mind for some time now and i would like to hear other folks opinions on the matter. The fact that the whole world is in turmoil with its politics and climate change can we survive the next thousand years as a species and civilization.

Do you think we can make it on our own and sort these differences between ourselves or do you think we will need something bigger to help us solve out our differences and climate change. I really have got to the point of thinking that we are not going to change without some kind of miracle. To me that miracle would be an alien intervention from an advanced benevolant race that would want to share its science with us in the hope that we could save the planet and its inhabitants and make the world a better place.

My own thoughts are that we are not going to make the next thousand years unless we do something now! Its got to the point were our own goverments are trying to forget whats going on in world and are just living day by day with no direct means of stopping the wars and climate change in the world, its as if they are just sitting back making their money and waiting for it to come to a head.

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
since ive seen district 9 i can imagine that having another race with us might be a bit of problem too

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I doubt we'll survive the next few hundred years, never mind a thousand! The world has to die out at some point, it's not infinite. So, why not now?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
If ET helped us, like I think they did in our transition to Type 0 civilization, then we'll be alright in our next transition but if not, which seems even more likely.

I presume to post this video with encouragement to listen to the lyrics, and understand the truth that you know.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Iv have not seen District 9 as of yet.

Did the Aliens in D9 come here by accident or did they have the intention on saving the earth/humanity in the first place?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by suicide__x

Its as if we as a race are in a race with the planet earth to get off quick because the world is gonna change with or without you.

What if the goal of our species is to be able to move house when the time comes.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

That's a good point.

I, personally, don't believe we do have a goal. I think our existence is simply luck. We came to be by accident, and we'll die out whether we want to or not. Surely the human race cannot become space gypsies, moving planet everytime we ruin the current one?
I think we should stop worrying about climate change etc. and just live the way we want. Life isn't inifite, just as Earth isn't, so I think we should stop fighting what is, basically, inevitable.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I wonder who the Hero would be.

Maybe we all need to be become a hero at some point.

I also believe there was some kind of intervention on earth to bring us to this point in time were its the final round for our species. We are at the tipping point in our civilization. If we dont make this change then thats it we are gone and the intervention we had would start from square one on some other habitable planet with a new species.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Species do move from place to place we as humans have done it on earth for whole period of our existance and so has other species. We move when the there is no food, we move from flood plains and we move to new climates and away from dangers. Why would this be different with space.

I think it would be the only way to save our species is to find new homes out there in space. We as a species have to be one step ahead thats how we got this far.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

I think it's time for us to die out. We've been in charge way too long. What if, when we die out, another species survives, evolves and becomes the new most-advanced species?

I think we're on this planet, we've ruined it, we shouldn't go to another planet and ruin it. Leave other planets alone, to do what they like, and maybe, eventually, be able to sustain their own population.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I think that is exactly humanity's problem. We are destroying our world, give not a # about eachother and take what we can get our hands on. We act like we can do this unpunished, untill some alien or devine intervention is going to put things right for us. Maybe it's time we woke up and smelled the BS. Nothing will change if we ourselves don't get off our backsides and join forces. It is us that created the mess we are in, it is us who must correct that.

Mankind has a lot of growing up to do, and perhaps, one day, that will happen. But for now, we are just too immature, illogical, irrational, and too selfish. Maybe that is why we never see more then vague UFO's. Perhaps the aliens's ancestors went thrue the same phases, in that case they will probably return and show themselves when we have reached a higher level of intelligence.

If I was the observing alien, I'd be disgusted by what I saw. I would rather piss on you then lend a hand. I would never give you any sort of technology, for the first thing you would do, is try and create a weapon from it. Nope, if I were the alien, I would steer clear of you guys for sure!

[edit on 17-9-2009 by 2Faced]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

I think its inevitable that we are going to move around from planet to planet if we get the tech to do it. Its the only chance we have, after all they are only planets. They will either be detroyed by supanova, swallowed up by black holes or detroyed by gamma rays and many other cosmic reasons. There are billions upon billlions of planets that we could choose from its not as if they are gonna run out soon.
By the time we are able to find a new planet for our species i would think we would have learned by our mistakes, we will not go there knowing we are capable of destroying it after just a few hundred thousand years.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Will it take an E.T intervention to solve the worlds problems..

In a word no.

However before we an traverse the galaxies we need to get some of the basics down first. Like stop killing each other. Then maybe we can talk about meeting another race. Heck if we can't handle the diversity we have within our own species how would we handle meeting a 6 legged guy named Zubooblop.?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
how would e.t sort out this mess?
runaway ,runaway......................

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

I dont think its merely the people that has to change we already have, its the goverments place to change the people. After all the goverments are run by older elites with different ideologies to what our people want for themselves. Goverments are only influenced by the lenders of the money.
Its upto them to change us through education that is right. corruption in goverment doesnt change anything apart from the thickness of their own wallets. They want whats better for themselves than what they want for the people. I dont think the goverments of the world want it to change from how it is now. Not yet anyway.

[edit on 17/9/09 by Ezappa]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

What gives you the idea that the current aliens on our planet are here to help us.They think of themselfs first.On course they will intervine on matters of nuclear weapons.They will stop a nuclear war from starting just to protect themselfs and there intreasts on earth.The aliens have done this three times already in the past.They will not help us as they know that all theses negitive things happening to the human race of earth at the moment is really benificial to the final acheivement of the new world order.A set of plans have been set in place many years ago and the aliens will not interfere with that process until it is finished.It would be nice if the aliens gave me a bio-scanner.I could help and cure alot of people with that device.A gravertor device is out of the question too.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

I think if the NWO is real then it is in direct response to alien intervention that they will only intervene when we stop all wars and love each other more.

I dont think war is the real concern of the aliens tho if they existed. as war has given us a strength to survive. war to some degree has made us stronger as a species. But now its time to end all that.

How would the human race be now if we evolved without a war ever? would we be the same of different?

I also think that if E.T exists they would have evolved the same way as us, gone through the same experiances as we have and solved the same problems we are having now. After all if E.T exists they would share that experiance on how to change just like we do now by trying to get other goverments to change to a demacratic view and so on.

[edit on 17/9/09 by Ezappa]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezappa
Hi all

This has been on my mind for some time now and i would like to hear other folks opinions on the matter. The fact that the whole world is in turmoil with its politics and climate change can we survive the next thousand years as a species and civilization.

I don't know about the next thousand years; I'd be happy if we survived the next couple of hundred.

Do you think we can make it on our own and sort these differences between ourselves or do you think we will need something bigger to help us solve out our differences and climate change. I really have got to the point of thinking that we are not going to change without some kind of miracle. To me that miracle would be an alien intervention from an advanced benevolant race that would want to share its science with us in the hope that we could save the planet and its inhabitants and make the world a better place.

I believe we could do just fine without a miracle or outside intervention from ETs. I also can't help but thinking that if we can't solve this on our own then maybe we don't even deserve an outside intervention by ETs.

My own thoughts are that we are not going to make the next thousand years unless we do something now! Its got to the point were our own goverments are trying to forget whats going on in world and are just living day by day with no direct means of stopping the wars and climate change in the world, its as if they are just sitting back making their money and waiting for it to come to a head.

What do you think?

It will definitely demand a cultural revolution and a lot of pressure from simple people to politicians and capitalists. But 1000 years is also quite a large time, by then we may be go extinct due to some unforeseen cosmic catastrophe (comet, asteroid impact etc.). But if we make it that long, we might be out of our solar system altogether and busy colonizing worlds by then.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
We had a president a long time ago who was ridiculed mercilessly for considering this eventuality too: [url=http://www.american-presidents.org/2009/08/reagans-obsession-with-alien-invasion.html]dear old President Reagan

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

Ezappa - i don't mean to be critical but.....

There are billions upon billlions of planets that we could choose from its not as if they are gonna run out soon.

Just where are all these planets. Even if there were one suitable close by we are no where near capable of getting there. We could be extinct by then.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join